Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Hope I can learn this method so I can make one for myself. Very inspiring stuff.

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Wow started in late July can't believe I'm almost done. Halloween here I come!!!!

HI all,

Anyone having problems with cutting EXACT pieces¨? Here is my clue:: Laser cut....

IMG-20121005-00065.jpg

Here is first result::

IMG-20121005-00068.jpg

heres my finished helmet, 6mm foam resined.
my question is.. i dont know the next step i should take because i want to cut the faceplate off and make it animated.

should i fiberglass the inside, and bondo the inside/outside THEN cut?
or should i just go straight to bondo then cut?
or should i cut now and fiberglass, bondo later. right now its structurally stable because i have rods on the inside keeping it in shape. i'd hate to cut then it lose its shape during fiberglassing or bondo.

T7lMb.jpg

Last edited:

If your doing fiberglass and bondo, then leave it on untill those steps are done.

Here is where im at now. Neck, chest, and abs done....
ResizedImage_1349573788578.jpg

Queston. Are the abs small?
2012-10-06_19-34-34_150.jpg

My waist is all the way down where my shirt ends.

I think you need to scale the torso and abs up a bit more man. You're a long/slim guy. You might need some more bulk in this thing.

Here is where im at now. Neck, chest, and abs done....
ResizedImage_1349573788578.jpg

Queston. Are the abs small?
2012-10-06_19-34-34_150.jpg

My waist is all the way down where my shirt ends.

I added to my abs, but I went up so that way the bottom fits to the cod section of the armor. The bottom of the abs and the top of the cod peace actually go fit together, i'm 6 ft 1 inch so I had to add peace's going up.

Doing the OKC Zombie walk here is my first glove. Going as Zombie Capt America.

I added to my abs, but I went up so that way the bottom fits to the cod section of the armor. The bottom of the abs and the top of the cod peace actually go fit together, i'm 6 ft 1 inch so I had to add peace's going up.

I was gonna do that. Once i make the cod and back ill see how much i need to add

Question: I've been using foam for my build and have spray painted most of it already, but I want that super glossy look. Is this possible to get that look with just spray paint?
This is what I'm using
http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/020066/020066776589.jpg

I use krylon gloss, I spray the plasti-dip, prime with a white primer and then the krylon color. You can get it at wal-mart, works great and you can get it in gloss.

Hi Folks.
On the very first page i saw the download link and file for the mark 4 brace. but i havent seen any mention of it through this whole topic. I also couldnt tell if it showed up in any of the pictures.
When I found the link to download the entire set of files in one zip file , it didnt include the brace.
I guess my question would be "did they scrap the brace in this buld ?
sorry if i missed a post on one of the pages regarding this.
i tried to read through each one.

Hi Folks.
On the very first page i saw the download link and file for the mark 4 brace. but i havent seen any mention of it through this whole topic. I also couldnt tell if it showed up in any of the pictures.
When I found the link to download the entire set of files in one zip file , it didnt include the brace.
I guess my question would be "did they scrap the brace in this buld ?
sorry if i missed a post on one of the pages regarding this.
i tried to read through each one.

I think the only difference between the Mark IV and Mark VI braces is the reactor design in the front. There are numerous posts on the Mark VI brace throughout the thread, some even just a few pages back..

Thanks fyreant.

I was confused about that. not the difference in the mark 4 and 6. but the fact that when you down load the files in the zip format, it didnt include the brace in either model. So i wasnt sure if it was used in this build.
Thanks for clarifying.
I guess the answer is "yes".
:facepalm

I saw quite a few pictures of completed suits with the thigh cod peice on this thread. Does anyone have the pdo file of it ? Im new at this and will screw it up without instructions. plus, it finishes off the suit perfectly. This is my first build, and i am very excited about it. and looking at all the fantastic build pictures, just keeps me going.

Does anyone know if the Pepakura files have been made for the Iron Man Mark 47 yet?

Does anyone know if the Pepakura files have been made for the Iron Man Mark 47 yet?

there are a couple of guys making them. You'll have to wait a while until they're done.

I would change up the paint, and actually use Car Paint (duplo color sold at any Autozone, Oreily's, Napa, PepBoys). Its more glossy. You'll need a Gloss Sealer to give it that extra shiny look

Will work on the wood glue tomorrow.

Good thread, woulda coulda shoulda shared. Meh!

i just realized that putting my printer in landscape mode shrunk all the peices.... maybe thats why everything is so small... gonna have to start over. ugh...

if i leave it in portrait mode, the pieces come out much bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back