Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Corel sends hairline cuts as a print file to the laser. So if I can't get it to export from pepakura I'll need to somehow screen capture the file and import it into Corel as a jpeg. Corel has a trace program that I use and I make the out line red and delete the interior. The laser can also do a 3D rendering of sorts if I send it a Photograph it will try and engrave the image on the material. So if I use EVA foam I can get it to melt 1mm into the foam to give it the effect of a dremel tool carving it out. It cuts work time from days to hours. Pretty cool

I cut the gloves out at size and they where about 3 inches across the palm, my palm is 4 inches across. So I'll have to do some re sizing. I got one to fit at 135% of the original Jpeg. I tested some EVA foam on the laser and it cut perfectly. The whole suit could be done, the only thing is the work area is limited to 12"x24"

Last edited:
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Hey I was wondering if anyone had any tips on doing the right biceps. I have already finished the left bicep but having a hard time getting the concept of the right one. Is there a way to flip the model on the pepakura viewer? any info would be apreciated

no. you need designer to do that. (which you can get for free. you just need to pay if you want to save or export anything.)
2d menu -> flip pattern
but that is not important. you already have the templates cut out for the left. just flip all of them over when you trace them on the foam to cut the pieces for the right bicep.

the same concept goes for right forearm, right thigh, etc...

no. you need designer to do that. (which you can get for free. you just need to pay if you want to save or export anything.)
2d menu -> flip pattern
but that is not important. you already have the templates cut out for the left. just flip all of them over when you trace them on the foam to cut the pieces for the right bicep.

the same concept goes for right forearm, right thigh, etc...

I think he means he needs the visual aid of the right. That he may be having trouble with building the right but looking at the model of the left. Or im off entirely lol

I need files I can open in corel so I can cut all of these out on my 20 watt laser. I can't seem to export anything out of Pepakura. The laser cut would be clean and only take minutes. Any Ideas?
I'm using Pepakura Viewer, the free download.

If you print the pepakura files on paper and scan them on a scanner then save them as JPEGs, then use your trace function? :wacko
Might that do it?

Hey I was wondering if anyone had any tips on doing the right biceps. I have already finished the left bicep but having a hard time getting the concept of the right one. Is there a way to flip the model on the pepakura viewer? any info would be apreciated

If you printed the templates and cut them out, just place the print side down onto your foam, instead of having the print side up. Mirror your left bicep.

No, you can't flip the model. You just have to visualize it yourself and build it the opposite way using the piece you already have.

It's really not that difficult once you get used to it.

I'm saying this, assuming you know already to flip the pieces to create the opposite side and just need the visual reference to assemble it.

I had the same problem on some of my parts too mate but after reading up on some tips,(thanks IMIM2) i made the rest of the suit in pairs. While i wait for glue to set on one section of the left glove,i glue the matching section to the right glove for example, that way you get 2 parts that will be pretty much symmetrical.
In any future projects i undertake i will always make the parts in pairs...that way i don't "forget" how x piece went together

thanks for all the info guys it helps

Hot-Toys-Iron-Man-Mark-VI-p-1.jpg

the silver parts on the arms in this picture are they the same on each bicep when translating to foam?

anyone mind posting pictures of their biceps on their suit just for reference?

Hello everyone, I was wondering if you all think using multiple layers of the 2mm foamies to make like 4 or 6 would work? I have a good deal of the 2mm foam sheets and a good bit of the 1/2" floor mats. I am going to start a type of Iron Man suit

Corel sends hairline cuts as a print file to the laser. So if I can't get it to export from pepakura I'll need to somehow screen capture the file and import it into Corel as a jpeg. Corel has a trace program that I use and I make the out line red and delete the interior. The laser can also do a 3D rendering of sorts if I send it a Photograph it will try and engrave the image on the material. So if I use EVA foam I can get it to melt 1mm into the foam to give it the effect of a dremel tool carving it out. It cuts work time from days to hours. Pretty cool

I cut the gloves out at size and they where about 3 inches across the palm, my palm is 4 inches across. So I'll have to do some re sizing. I got one to fit at 135% of the original Jpeg. I tested some EVA foam on the laser and it cut perfectly. The whole suit could be done, the only thing is the work area is limited to 12"x24"

There are some people that have put up PDF versions of the 2d files. Maybe you can use that. Do a search and you should be able to find the thread.

the silver parts on the arms in this picture are they the same on each bicep when translating to foam?

Those pieces are identical on each arm mate, the silver bicep pieces are staggered slightly inside the gold bit so when you paint, it makes it look embedded in the arm.

Ah yes! Thank you sir! Can I also use that plasti-dip stuff? Or is it too late?

No, you should have used the Plasti-Dip before you painted. I don't know about doing it over and then painting again. You could test it. Or just test using a gloss coat.

I would change up the paint, and actually use Car Paint (duplo color sold at any Autozone, Oreily's, Napa, PepBoys). Its more glossy. You'll need a Gloss Sealer to give it that extra shiny look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back