Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687's IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

@ Stealth, what thickness foam did you use on the chest/back there?

If you have some seams that don't quite match up on the outside is it ok to hot glue the gaps? I was hoping that those imperfections would be covered in prep and painting.

Last edited:
Re: Robo3687's IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

lookin good Stealth!

@Klwl Thanks man. :)

@GL 1/4" inch foam.
If you want to secure the gap. Open it it up more then add a little glue again. That's what I do. Grave had a good tip of sanding the excess with 1000 grits sand paper. I'll try it out

Last edited:

Guys - quick question from a noob who has just made a first stab at a foam helm - are you doing anything special for the openings for your head?

My helm fits my head size wise, but there is no way my head goes through the opening at the bottom - Am I just being stupid and making the entire helm too small?

Cheers and great work :)

It might not be too small. It might actually be perfect for your head size.
Try this:
Cut the back portion out and reattach it with velcro. So that way your head fits through and then while it's on, you can (or get someone to help) reattach that rear portion with velcro on the insides.

people do it all the time with Resin helmets.

here's an example of finhead's helmet. It's fiberglass and resin but you can see how the back section on the right would reattatch.
It would be the same idea but with foam.
IMG_2920.jpg

Awesome cheers Stealth :)

Guys - quick question from a noob who has just made a first stab at a foam helm - are you doing anything special for the openings for your head?

My helm fits my head size wise, but there is no way my head goes through the opening at the bottom - Am I just being stupid and making the entire helm too small?

Cheers and great work :)
hi mate my foam helmet it tight to get on as well but thats the beauty of foam i just force it on once on it plenty big enough the foam just stretches over my ears my first one was ever too small but i squashed it on

hi mate my foam helmet it tight to get on as well but thats the beauty of foam i just force it on once on it plenty big enough the foam just stretches over my ears my first one was ever too small but i squashed it on

Nice :) I'd try that but my swede is particularly large and my gluing skills aren't all that yet :lol

Oh ok.... so it does work like that :) I love foam :) ever so slightly small, but now I know :) cheers Guys

Oh ok.... so it does work like that :) I love foam :) ever so slightly small, but now I know :) cheers Guys
did you get it on? im in the big swede club as well i just made sure i ran an extra bead of glue on the inside joints first just for extra strengh and yeah i made my first one to the scale it was set at and it fitted more like a mask so upped the scale by 10% and it fits alot better theres room for electrics now

Yeah it went on, I think I'm probably in the +10% club too - mind if I ask how tall you are and whether you scaled any of the other parts?

Yeah it went on, I think I'm probably in the +10% club too - mind if I ask how tall you are and whether you scaled any of the other parts?
no sure anything to help im about 6' dead i scaled nothing else the only other thing i had to do is that im a bit on the large size lol so i adapted the abs and crotch what i did was kept the scale the same i changed the unfold on the cod so it was split down the middle as in front half back half (i can link ther file if needed ) made abs and cod front and back halves taped them to my body and measured the gap then the long side sections of the abs and cod cut the patterns in half and added the extra gerth if you get what i mean i thought if i changed the scale it wouldnt match the rest

Awesome :) Cheers Dem, II think I 'should' be able to go ahead as is then :) fingers crossed..... (good job I'm not trying a duct tape batman at the same time..........)

Hey Stealth I originally posted in the war machine foam thread you started, I've had a crack at a modifying a pep file of a war machine helm from Sharkhead-Nobody. Can I send it to you to look over and post?
Thanks
Grev
Assuming you are interested I've no idea how I'd get it to you other than email. let me know

Hey Grevious, Pm sent :)

Iron Man Mark VI Halloween Speed Build Update - Day 5

I have some updates to my suit.
Forearms complete. Everything is fitting well so far. I never thought I'd see myself in a Mark VI. I guess it grew on me.

SAM_2846.jpg

SAM_2850.jpg

Hey stealth, how have you scaled the suit? I left mine as it is and I can't decide if it's turned out too big...

Looking good Stealth. I have always been a big fan of the Mark III but with all these awesome foam builds, the Mark IV is growing on me aswell

Rated this thread 5 stars for awesomeness and usefulness :thumbsup

Has anyone tried liquid latex for colouring the armor? Just wondered because i can get it ultra cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back