Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687's IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

mind pointing out those mistakes? that would be a great help.

Really all im talkign about it some pieces that can be connected to make it easier. Also did you join adjacent edges?

Re: Robo3687's IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Nice work Demolition and quick too.
I'm curious as to where you got your foam? Iv'e been using the interlocking floor mat stuff, but the stuff you are using appears to be better suited (no pun intended)
thanks

Just found this thread, Just finishing making some Minion costumes for the kids for Halloween and i've got two whole camping mats left over. Definately having a go at this, thanks Stealth!!

Good job you guys! Can't wait for those glove files though.... (hint, hint!)

@Demolition: Amazing work!!!!

Day 2 - I'm still on track :thumbsup

Back Completed and joined to Chest.
SAM_2825.jpg

SAM_2829.jpg

looking good stealth...only just noticed this thread...

i was so confused when i saw my name on the thread...lol...i thought "did i post this in a feverish dream?"....then realised it was you...lol

almost makes me want to buy some foam....

You woke up and there was a Robo3687 Shrine. lol

Great work stealth I just finished my new Mk 4 chest piece can you post a larger image of the back? I have to finish that piece and cod tomorrow =)

Robo3687,

I have been reading your posts and have located a possible source of foam for your users. I think that you may want to try surplus foam sleeping matts from the army. They are about 8mm or 3/8" thick and OD green. They are about 2 ft wide and 75 inches long. You can get them cheap on ebay. It looks similar to the stuff Demolition is using. hope this helps.

Hey Stealth, do you mind showing us how you joined the Chest and Back? Thanks!

here's the new 4mm helmet

2011-10-07_21-46-45_995.jpg

2011-10-07_21-46-35_340.jpg

I don't like how it turned out, I might redo it and bevel the edges for a better fit.

Hey Stealth, do you mind showing us how you joined the Chest and Back? Thanks!

I always use these quick release buckles (like on a backpack) for resin parts and foam parts. it's just easy and quick

(look on ebay or google) Webbing/Quick release buckles. You can find them at some hardware stores

Canadian Tire has that stuff on the roll near the parts section.

pretty straight forward. You attach each side of the part you want to connect on one end with hotglue and you're done. I'm sure there are lots of better ways but this is how I do it as I don't care because it works good enough :)
DSC04524-1.jpg
l]

Last edited:

Nice...keeping with tradition. Thanks Stealth

tried the chest a while ago... :)

6222305903_0748e360a3_z.jpg

6225408072_f00dc232f9_z.jpg

Last edited:

Looking very clean Roy!

I must be doing something wrong! All the ones I do end up looking as if they have been sat on!!

If your using IE Batgirl, then it likely came in thru a embedded script on the download site. My scanners caught a couple off 4 share lately

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Stealth, You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you for these files my good man.

Halloween Speed Build update - Day 3 and 4 - Shoulders and Biceps
Not gonna be the prettiest Mark VI, but I'll get er' done in time.
SAM_2838.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back