Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Quick question... I can't find the EVA foam mats or rolls anywhere would either of these two work?

Cross Linked Polyethylene - 2LB: Cross Linked Polyethylene Foam - Closed-Cell Foam Padding, Packaging, Foam Sheets

Craft foam for Kids: Foam Sheets | Foam Sheet Crafts | Craft Foam Sheets | Hygloss Products (Even if I strengthen it?)

they would both work, but since your at the foam factory, check out their rolls of foam, its cheaper if you buy a roll, also i think they have EVA foam there too...

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Hi! ,im ian from spain and now i work on my first attemp iron man foam suit and i share with anypeople some pics ,i hope you like!

first attempt eva helmet

and the finished foam matt helmet with eye ligths

and now my "pre-finished" suit

any others pics

arm detail

sorry for my poor english!!

Last edited:

Hi! , yesterday im come back to work ,and i make a fit probe for adjust the size of suit

this is the result.
only rest gloves ,shoes and neck piece :)

im not sure to make a hardener of pieces or seal and painting only ,because i preffer very movility use , but i dont know the perfect material for seal and primer before painting

may i ask if there is a mk4 back?

im really slow at building, i hope i can finish before Halloween, thats how slow i am

thanks a lot for the hard work on this, gonna give this a try in a few months hopefully

hahah , ,for my suit i mix some parts of diferents mark 4,6,and 3

the thigh are from mk6 ,but the chest is from mk4 and the back is from 6...etc
just you can mix the patterns "in search of perfect fit" of your body :)

this is my ARC reactor work from pringles tube , print on vegetal paper a photo template of real arc reactor and in the back a little led lamp portable for wardrobe

mk4 and mk 6 are the exact same except for the arc reactor (circle/triangle)

So, I am new to pepekura and foam building, but my son would like me to try building him a suit for Halloween. What would be the easiest way to scale these to my 10 year old, 4'8" tall?

Thanks for your advice.

Jamie McShan
Austin, Texas

i don't remembr fine ,but i believe its another post with a child foam template ,but dont remember where is exactli

i think the best way its print normal pepakura template and fit it on the child measures.

good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no recuerdo bien ,pero creo que hay otro post con la plantilla pepakura para disfraz de niño ,solo que no recuerdo exactamente donde

pienso que lo mejor seria imprimir las plantillas normales de pepakura y ajustarlas a las dimensiones del niño

suerte!

So, I am new to pepekura and foam building, but my son would like me to try building him a suit for Halloween. What would be the easiest way to scale these to my 10 year old, 4'8" tall?

Thanks for your advice.

Jamie McShan
Austin, Texas

Hey Jamie, check out this thread started by Indiefilmgeek; he made an Iron Man suit for his 5 year old.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/ironman-costume-5yr-old-links-page-1-a-113546/

Lots of good tips, ideas, etc. Not sure if he spoke to scaling, but I've seen some posts on scaling in this thread, some pretty recent.

Last edited:

i'm ready to print the mk4 chest but upon checking this parts are not included(circled and x mark)

i'm ready to print the mk4 chest but upon checking this parts are not included(circled and x mark)

yes,these part template are not includes ,but you can make very easy.

for the back of arc reactor ,you only need make a foam circle and paste in the back ,and for the litles pieces is only this ,two litle pieces of foam

its no hard to make

i hope can see your chest coming soon !(y))

yes,these part template are not includes ,but you can make very easy.

for the back of arc reactor ,you only need make a foam circle and paste in the back ,and for the litles pieces is only this ,two litle pieces of foam

its no hard to make

i hope can see your chest coming soon !(y))

nice! i will use alternative material beside foam... i still don't know where to buy a foam here in philippines lol

What is the brace for? Are they optional? It seems like they aren't important for foam armor.

nice! i will use alternative material beside foam... i still don't know where to buy a foam here in philippines lol

Here, in my city is very hard to find "anti stress eva foam mat" and i can give another alternative ...its gym foam mat or camping mat , i hope can i help you:)

What is the brace for? Are they optional? It seems like they aren't important for foam armor.

you can make only a collar piece or a neck piece more longer ,but the perfect fit is with a brace piece.

Hey my name is Max I am 15 years old and I am from Germany. I build a Iron Man Mark VI foam version and I want to know what you think about it this is my first build ever :) If you klick on the links below you can see the pictures of my work.

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/9183/img1273za.jpg

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3752/img1271el.jpg

Good job, continue working on the suit, you have future kid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back