Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Hey Stealth I had printed out the pepakura file for the helmet and cut it out in card and assembled it, but when i tried to put it on without any of the back pieces taped on yet, it tore. Someone told me it was an issue with the scaling. They told me to just re-size in the pepakura software, but i have the free viewer and i cant scale it to fit me and i cant afford to pay for the actual software because I had already bought the foam and every thing else i needed and i'm now broke. any suggestions on what i should do?

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Hey Stealth I had printed out the pepakura file for the helmet and cut it out in card and assembled it, but when i tried to put it on without any of the back pieces taped on yet, it tore. Someone told me it was an issue with the scaling. They told me to just re-size in the pepakura software, but i have the free viewer and i cant scale it to fit me and i cant afford to pay for the actual software because I had already bought the foam and every thing else i needed and i'm now broke. any suggestions on what i should do?

So get Pepakura Designer, you can at least rescale it and print. Just don't close the program when you build it. Free version doesn't save.

resize it up 10%

sup everyone. just wanna say foam building so much more fun the pepping to much work with glassin and rondo and all that. anyone know where i can get a foam warmachine template i wanna build him for my cousin for the oct 2012 new york comic con. as for me im still working on my mk6.

@ stealth is it possible to motorize a foam helmet? just wondering cuz i wanna go out with a bang for my first build.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/ironman-mark-vi-build-new-peping-150725/

Last edited:

a question about scaling.

how do you measure the chest, back and abs?
and if you scale one of those parts should i make it the same for the others?

I recently finished mine and it came out too big. I'm 5'5" 110lbs and i set the scale at 25

In pep designer if you right-click in the 2D window you get a menu popup... at the bottom is a tool that lets you measure the distance between two points. You can take as many measurements as you want. If you are 5'5" I would look at a scale of 23. Scale 25 is more for people that are close to 6' tall. At 110lbs you will probably have to pad the inside of some armor pieces to get them to fit/look right.

Good luck with your build.

So get Pepakura Designer, you can at least rescale it and print. Just don't close the program when you build it. Free version doesn't save.

resize it up 10%

Hi STEALTH. First want to say thanks to you and the many inspirational foam builders here in the forum. Especially found your tutorials helpful. I recently started an IM Mark VI build (my first build). So far going well and fun. I'm pretty sure I have scaling correct (I'm 5'7, 145, so basically string bean); it fits my head, but when fully assembled the bottom opening of the foam helmet is too small to fit over my head. Do I need to leave a seam (w/ Velcro) at the back, or attach the jaw separately somehow? Do I scale up? I think if I scaled the whole helmet to pull over my head, it'll be too big.

Hi STEALTH. First want to say thanks to you and the many inspirational foam builders here in the forum. Especially found your tutorials helpful. I recently started an IM Mark VI build (my first build). So far going well and fun. I'm pretty sure I have scaling correct (I'm 5'7, 145, so basically string bean); it fits my head, but when fully assembled the bottom opening of the foam helmet is too small to fit over my head. Do I need to leave a seam (w/ Velcro) at the back, or attach the jaw separately somehow? Do I scale up? I think if I scaled the whole helmet to pull over my head, it'll be too big.

You need to cut out the back section. and have it reattached with velcro or something. Once you cut that section off. It will fit. Then reattach while wearing it.

This is a plastic helmet but it's the same idea I guess.
(Check the second pic of this post. It will make sense.
http://www.therpf.com/f24/iron-man-helmet-w-i-p-101205/#post1448354

Thanks STEALTH, that helps. That's what I was thinking; should be easy to do. I know you get a lot of questions and requests for advise, so I appreciate your time and help. Gotta say this is loads of fun - almost therapeutic after long days at work. Will post some progress pics of my build for folks to see. So far using a mix of 2mm, 3mm, 6mm, and .5 in foam - allowing me to do some layering to produce some details.

I used metalic red leggings. I didnt have enough time to get the top half. Certainly steer clear from black... it doesnt blend... it looks bloody awful! Breaks up the entire flow. Might as well use green! Hate it when people ruin their suite by thinking black underneath is sneaky.

im sure someone must have asked this, but is there a reason the whole suit cant be connected together into large pieces, like a shirt and pants with boots and helmets put on afterwards? with plastic coating i doubt the parts are weak enough not to hold up...

also i see that some of you are talking about a bodysuit to wear under the armor, is there no way to have the armor cover you fully so an under suit that's red becomes unnecessary?

Hey Stef, glad to see you back. I was trying to contact you for a while to show you how much i've done so far with your advice.

Great builds everyone :)

Re: Robo3687's IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

thank you guys...:)
6282872618_919ffbc559.jpg

hope you don't mind me asking but where did you get the yellow foam??

hey guys here is my IM Suit *-* almost Done ,
Only Helmet is Fiberglass

IMG_0192.jpg

hey guys here is my IM Suit *-* almost Done ,
Only Helmet is Fiberglass

IMG_0192.jpg

That looks great!! How long did it take you to make the fiberglass helmet? and then the rest of the foam costume?

Cheers,

As far as scaling is concerned, I'm 6'2 and have an longer torso than lower body.
Also size 12.5" feet

What # should I scale at?

thanks!

That looks great!! How long did it take you to make the fiberglass helmet? and then the rest of the foam costume?

Cheers,

the helmet about 5 days working on it and is not finished yet XD
and the whole cosplay i think is about a month and half dunno for sure xD

And Thanks

i'm still confused, if i was to make a mark 4 would i still use the mark 6es other parts, back forearms etc on page one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back