Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version

I need the foam!!! Must find foam!!! Stealth, amazing work! I tip my hat to you sir.

Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version

Wow that came out amazing. Can't believe its foam. Did you use any heat shaping? It looks like you used the same thickness as the rest of your build.
yeah all same foam for all my build i use camping mats rather than the jigsaw type eva floor mat its a lot softer and easier to work with i cuts with scissors and you can get the join really neat i can squash the helmet flat and it just pops back up into shape its really amazing stuff and they was £1 each from work and ive completed all upper body just got legs and feet to do and ive use 4 roll so cost me £4 up to now lol bargin

yeah all same foam for all my build i use camping mats rather than the jigsaw type eva floor mat its a lot softer and easier to work with i cuts with scissors and you can get the join really neat i can squash the helmet flat and it just pops back up into shape its really amazing stuff and they was £1 each from work and ive completed all upper body just got legs and feet to do and ive use 4 roll so cost me £4 up to now lol bargin

Wish that that foam was available stateside at those prices :unsure I guess I just have to make do with the floor mats.

it looks like the same foam Graphic Jordan used just not blue. It looks as though it has a texture and everything. As far as the jigsaw foam people buy, I have the same thing but it comes in rolls. If you go to a Dicks type athletic store, Academy, or big chain sports store you may be able to find it there. In these stores they are actually Treadmill matting. they run 19$ and you dont waste any with the jigsaw crap.

These templates are great and the method of foam building is brilliant.I honestly believe this will help a lot of newbies on this forum(myself included:lol)get an easier start to building their first REALLY GOOD suit.Kudos to you sir.Also, how are the War Machine templates going.Just had thought that the use of black and gray foam on the War Machine could altogether do away with the use of paint:love.

what kind of foam do you use? and where can i buy some??

These templates are awesome, just made a test helmet, made with 2mm foamies. I don't recommend the 2mm because it doesn't hold it's shape very well. 4mm or 6mm EVA is probably best. I found a place locally that sells the 1/4 inch EVA for $6.00(USD) a meter.(approximately 50 in. X 36 in. = ~15 sq. ft.)

Thanks Stefano!

2011-10-05_19-02-43_723.jpg

2011-10-05_19-02-20_818.jpg

2011-10-05_19-02-08_748.jpg

Last edited:

Holy! Look at that thing. Can't wait till you detail it like demo did up there.

I wasn't too sure about that helmet file I modded.

I thought it would be too complex to get a good result with 1/4 foam. You proved me wrong indeed.

Actually that's the tester, made in 2mm FunkyFoam(foamies). It doesn't hold it's shape very well. Imma go buy some 4mm and 6mm EVA foam tomorrow and try it with the 4mm. I'll report back.

Hello stealth ! =) i write from chile i have really impressed with your work... i want to start the suit , my question is : i am tall 1.88 cm ( sorry for mi limited english, i hope you understan what i mean xD ) .... how know or how configure the parts of the suit to mi height????? ( 1.88 cm ) only that ( y have a normal body )

thank you so much for your time ... you rock dude! ...... Greetins from Arica-Chile

Stealth would you be a star and do the warmachine files as well i want to make that next after i finish ironman pleeeeeaaase

I've been scouring the costuming forums for months now, and your tutorials have made a huge difference to me, so thank you.

I also just wanted to second Demolition's request for war machine

Re: Robo3687's IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Joined the Mark VI club tonight. You guys were killing me.
I just rushed it, as I wanna try for halloween and I don't like my Mark III anymore now that I have this better foam.
Thanks to Quovadis0920 for helping me with the planning for this on FB chat :)

what the...What am I doing?
Am I really going to finish this in time for Halloween?
What have I done to myself? :wacko

SAM_2822.jpg
SAM_2821.jpg

Re: Robo3687's IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

I just rushed it, as I wanna try for halloween and I don't like my Mark III anymore now that I have this better foam.

I'm sure you'll pull something off. No anti-fatigue mats on this one?

SAM_2822.jpg
SAM_2821.jpg

nice! will try that this weekend... :)

ok guys wanted to share my progress with stealth files tweaked them to day now ive got them fitting well

1497628f.jpg

eaa90bcc.jpg

f6a26d42.jpg

92b3f528.jpg

... BTW: i took your instructions and tried my luck on the samuray HD IM helmet. mind checking if it still needs some tweaking?...

I took a look at it, if you don't mind, and saw a few things. But that is good if it's your first time :)

I took a look at it, if you don't mind, and saw a few things. But that is good if it's your first time :)

mind pointing out those mistakes? that would be a great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back