Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687's IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

I think the gold should have been used to highlight areas, as opposed to paint entire sections. The complete thigh in gold detaches it from the flow of the armour. Thats just my oppinion though. It looks as though they ran out of red paint. The biseps however, i can tolerate. Theyre slowly growing on me as time goes on.

Edit: I just noticed you forgot to disagree with my first point too, about the spaces...
Well, I agreed with the spaces. They should be filled.

When I first saw the Mark VI, it brought a smile to my face. It was like "cool, I see what you did there. Nice subtle touch." Like I said, it was kind of a throw back to the classic type Iron Man. I mean, I'm not a super huge fan of the classic skin looking armor, but it was a nice nod to the past IMO.

Invincible_Iron_Man_Vol_1_30_Textless_Variant.jpg

Re: Robo3687's IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

New thread pending... :D

Last edited:

STEALTH might have to rename the thread lol...

Thanks Jowe! I've been waiting for Mark III foam templates!

you're welcome bro, I'll do more and more as time goes by and update that ^ post

7sinzz Im gonna glue on some 1 mil hbby foam on the spandex pants/shirt Imma wear under, and paint it, the same colour as the armour cuz I was thinking the same as u. but as far as the back knee joints , elbow joints imma use the same tech, as black dynamo 1 , were u glue pieces of foam together and the glue it to forexample the bicep but not the forearm so it can move freely.

on page 14 u can see a pic of a thigh to see what I mean , there´s also a video in that thread somewhere were he explains it.
and on page 9 u can see what he did around the hippods and exposed areas just above it

Thanks Jowe! I've been waiting for Mark III foam templates!

I've built this before and have the files. I just need to upload them. I had some help from Venjix as well. Jowe will most likely look them over and clean them up.

He has a good eye with those things.

stay tuned for the Dancin_fool Mark III foam files thread.

I've built this before and have the files. I just need to upload them. I had some help from Venjix as well. Jowe will most likely look them over and clean them up.

He has a good eye with those things.

stay tuned for the Dancin_fool Mark III foam files thread.
+1 anxietiously waiting :) Thanks Guys

I'm probably going to redo the mark III with the better foam at some point with the same foam. Just to have as my "default go to" costume for whatever event comes up when I need one asap. As it's my favorite version.

I had built it before with camping mats. I wasn't happy with it at all.

Your Mark III looks boss even in the old foam though Stefano :)

As for my Mark III, haven't made any new parts since my last post here because I've been busy.
Going away on holiday for a week, then I'll continue when I return :)

nice work, very very nice..

is super good .. congrats .. I hope to see the finished work III :thumbsup

I'm probably going to redo the mark III with the better foam at some point with the same foam. Just to have as my "default go to" costume for whatever event comes up when I need one asap. As it's my favorite version.

I had built it before with camping mats. I wasn't happy with it at all.

as suspected, i completely failed to stay away from the foam... and subsequently today i made the neck brace and cod. However, in order to make the cod and Have it suitably fit the ab section, i had to improvise some fit adjustments...

For some reason this involved having to make serious changes to the abs i had already built, and in doing so the whole lot no longer fit me. Queue serious stressing out...

anyway, not really happy with the results but it its doesnt work when finished ill just make them again. the cod's not Quite finished but heres how it looks...

p.s. the white stuff in the nooks and crannies is drying PVA.

p.p.s. Sorry for the boring updates. Im sure foam iron man suits are old news but hey, what you gonna do?. :)

Also, Stealth, i have a resined/bondo'd paper helmet, half finished that i plan to use for this. Thats how this started. How i started THAT was because of your videos! So if you think about it... this is kinda your fault... :D

Last edited:

What issues did you run into? Where were the difficulties and what mods did you have to make?

awethread as always :p it just keeps on coming ^^

lets see if I can get of my ass tomorrow and post some uppdates :p

btw any good tips on how to get rid of excess hotglue on the seems.. so it looks smother ?

and any news on the glue/water vid stealth.

keep up the good work ppls ^^

How much foam do you guys think you use to build an entire suit?

What issues did you run into? Where were the difficulties and what mods did you have to make?

It was weird man. it just seemed that the cod didnt line up with the abs right the Way i had made them the first time round. So i basically had to cut up the ab section at the front and re stick them. Messy and stressful but you cant really tell. I'll likey end up making them again at some point anyway so i'm happy with them.

Gonna start building the legs next, i think from the feet up. How did you Scale the boots? The pep file says they are 429mm depth... i'm guessing that's because of the strange exploded view on the file, but thats WAAAAY to big for someone to wear... surely?

It was weird man. it just seemed that the cod didnt line up with the abs right the Way i had made them the first time round. So i basically had to cut up the ab section at the front and re stick them. Messy and stressful but you cant really tell. I'll likey end up making them again at some point anyway so i'm happy with them.

Gonna start building the legs next, i think from the feet up. How did you Scale the boots? The pep file says they are 429mm depth... i'm guessing that's because of the strange exploded view on the file, but thats WAAAAY to big for someone to wear... surely?
Hmmm... haven't really looked at the feet, I haven't crossed that bridge. I thought someone had said they are at roughly size 11 at the standard size.

Here are some pics of my progress, almost all done :)
Still have to do the boots, the gauntlets, the neck and the brace though

Anyway, tell me what you think about it guys !

3455762409198_front2.jpg

16038679901607_back2.jpg

15725767046022_detail2.jpg

Here is a close up of the opened helmet. I use magnet all around the face plate to keep it up/down if I need to eat/drink or just if I feel like i'm out of breath under it after few minutes :lol

7137736624953_open_helmet2.jpg

Last edited:

Looks great bro! Now slap some paint on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back