Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687's IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Thoughts Stealth/Roy/xtracrispy?

i used 10mm thk. EVA foam for the torso for stability and for a more defined "step up/step down" especially at the back part. i'm thinking of using 10mm also for the boots and COD piece but for the rest, i'll definitely use the 5mm thk. aside from it being "cutter friendly", it's less tricky... :)

Re: Robo3687's IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

Okay note to self, the helm in foam is a pain in the butt. This should not have been the first thing i made. Its just sooo bad.

@Stealth
When are you posting the vid for sealing the foam?

I will be sealing/painting my suit this weekend.
So it makes the most sense to do it then. Keep an eye out for it.

It will involve different methods according to cost. Not everyone can afford all this fancy stuff to paint their suit.

So there will be 2-3 methods mentioned. With the pros and cons of different things.

oh, and of course the step by step hands on visual explanation.

It will involve different methods according to cost. Not everyone can afford all this fancy stuff to paint their suit.

So there will be 2-3 methods mentioned. With the pros and cons of different things.

seriously i know man , i've been buying out all the paint from all the automotive shops around here and all the plasti dip, so much $$$ i keep checking every other day if they get restocked to prepare for my painting weekend as well =D, honestly i don't even know how much i've stocked up on just in case i may need more.

This is why your an asset to the community. I always enjoy your videos (y)thumbsup

Hey guys newbie here but I've been trolling for a long time.

I put my Pep build of Robo's files on hold since Stealth released the foam files.

First of all Thank you very much Robo for your modeling work as well as creating the unfolds.

Stealth a big thanks to you as well for the foam edits, I'm trying to get mine done soon!

I have a full arm and neck seal done in foam already (I'll post pics here later on as I'm using these files)

Anyway on to my point, I have a question and it may sound dumb but bear with me. In the Foam Files does the Mark 4 chest connect to the Mark 6 back? or is there a Mark 4 back that doesn't exist?

If anyone could clear that up I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, happy foaming all!

-Lenew

That is a very nice first post. Welcome to the RPF.

Yes, the mark 4 chest fits the mark 6 back and vice versa. (make sure you keep the scale the same.)

The Mark 4 and mark 6 Armor suits are exactly the same other than the paint job and chest sections.

hope that answers that question.

Yes, Happy foaming at the mouth to all :thumbsup

Last edited:

Yes, Happy foaming at the mouth to all :thumbsup

If I could 'Like' this comment I would :lol

Been looking for ages but I finally found a store in my area that has the right foam. I went in there today to buy some and they're out of Black 6mm foam sheets - they only had glittery blue left in stock! I'm gonna head to one of their chain stores tomorrow and stock up.

Stealth will you be releasing the Mark III Foam files? I've modified a few (shin/calf, chest, abs, cod and shoulders) but haven't done the back and limbs. Do you want me to send it to you to compile then post it in the thread?

If I could 'Like' this comment I would :lol

Been looking for ages but I finally found a store in my area that has the right foam. I went in there today to buy some and they're out of Black 6mm foam sheets - they only had glittery blue left in stock! I'm gonna head to one of their chain stores tomorrow and stock up.

Stealth will you be releasing the Mark III Foam files? I've modified a few (shin/calf, chest, abs, cod and shoulders) but haven't done the back and limbs. Do you want me to send it to you to compile then post it in the thread?

hey, great idea man. I have those files modded as well but not the new shins/calves. I can easily release what I have as well.

I'll just use whatever's good. We'll just compile the best ones.

send them over. I'll inbox you my email.

Thanks Venjix

Last edited:

Sent a few files over.

Btw, any Mac users needing to convert PDO to PDF, download 'Bullzip' - or I'll be happy to convert them for you.

Iron man mark VI halloween Speed build - Day 10/11 - Shins

I think these were the hardest to make for me.
I am feeling burnt out from this suit. Luckily I am almost done.

boots next.

SAM_2926.jpg

Iron man mark VI halloween Speed build - Day 10/11 - Shins

I think these were the hardest to make for me.
I am feeling burnt out from this suit. Luckily I am almost done.

boots next.

SAM_2926.jpg

SERIOUSLY YOUR TELLING ME.. i didn't realize till now that the legs are actually one of the hardest pieces just because there's two sets, compared to the back this is ridiculous. Luckily you were able to do it extremely fast, are you gonna make your hip pods out of foam as well?

The MK3 Legs using the original dancing fool files un modded have almost killed me. Having to do the second calf part was horrible. It took me longer to do the legs than it did to do everything else. I still have to do the knees but they look easy, i might not have time to do the boots for halloween.

I've done almost all the pieces (besides boots and hand) and just started the shins last night. They are definitely the most difficult to build. Glad to see that I'm not the only one on that boat. Keep up the good work guys! We don't have much time left haha

Just had an interesting idea!, Looking to buy a Craft Robo cuter and why not use it to CUT FOAM? Correct blade should do it?
I have used my CC100 to score .06" styrene but I really had to work at jamming it under the rollers(they must have some pretty heavy springs because they appear to have a lot of travel but do not like to travel far before the tension is too much). I have been thinking about foam but the rollers press down awfully hard and EVA foam eats up unheated blades like crazy.

I do use my CraftRobo to cut out templates from card stock and then double sided tape them to the foam and cut them with a hot knife.

I have used my CC100 to score .06"....

I'm doing the impossible project, Just bought a CC300 and Wandy Foam that are both arriving today. so i have to build a Suit in less than a week, Sat and Sun should get most of it done.

When you double side tape them. does it speed up the process for you, doesn't the hot knife burn/cut through the card stock too?

I only have those hobby cutting blades. do you highly recommend the hot knife? Also have to buy a Helmet, deff don't have enough time to build one.
found a couple on Ebay, guys wont respond messages:/

Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates Thread -Easy to Build "Green" Version

thanks Stealth (and robo of course)helmet was superb had to increase the size by 10% first one came out a little tight and i had to fiddle withg the files a bit but really pleased with it

681fc8a7.jpg

4e2ea0ee.jpg

This helm looks awesome. This is exactly how i want mine to look, anyway you would be willing to share the Tweaked file for this ?

The files are in the first page. That's what this thread is as the title states.

GREAT work... Perfect for manaquin, might have to invest in some foam now??? LOL...

When you double side tape them. does it speed up the process for you, doesn't the hot knife burn/cut through the card stock too?
The double sided tape definitely speeds things up, because I leave it stuck there until it is cut out. Some people trace around the card stock/paper and then cut the lines with a ruler, but the card stock edge is a perfect ruler already when you are using a CraftRobo to cut it out. I am using 110lbs card stock and it does not seem to burn the edges at all.

I am using the Walnut Hallow VersaTool. You can get it at Michael's or on Amazon for a little cheaper. It does not come with a blade holder though. I am using the one that came with a cheap hot knife from Harbor Freight. I use X-Acto #10 blades, they are curved like a scalpel rather than a 45 degree #2. You can find these at Hobby Lobby or anywhere else that carries X-Acto blades. I found these cut foam a lot better because they do not have that point that seems to catch on every little cut in your board. You do not need to change them very often. I have cut out a lot of foam for my Halo armor and have only changed it once so far and it still cuts fine. The heat does most of the work.

I only have those hobby cutting blades. do you highly recommend the hot knife?

I definitely prefer the hot knife over anything else I have tried so far(Proxxon jigsaw mounted in a vise upside down, Proxxon scroll saw, electric knife).

For the CraftRobo, I definitely recommend picking up an SGS Blade Holder and some 60 degree blades. Cuts through card stock like butter compared to the blades they come with. Also, the SGS blade holder is adjustable like a retractable pen, so you can vary the height of the blade better than changing those little caps. Once you have one, you only have to spend $9 on blades too because they are replaceable. Since you are on a deadline and probably cannot wait to get this, you can re-sharpen Craft Robo blades with some heavy duty aluminum foil. Use RoboMaster to cut circles and curves out of the foil.

Last edited:

The double sided tape definitely speeds things up....
I definitely prefer the hot knife over anything else I have tried so far....

I will be using double side tape than to cut it out instead of tracing than cutting. Also using 110lb paper. Ill be cutting with just the hobby blade's. it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. worst case scenario ill go by Michael's for some better tools.

The blade for the CraftROBO is holding up fine, don't have time to buy better ones online so it'll do. As far as hot glue gun i have is a large sized one which i think it disperses too much hot glue. My only small concern now is the painting stage. hopefully Home Depot or Walmart caries the necessary paint and so fort.

Man i'm panicking on the Helmet piece tho. Contacted many eBay and forum members. but ether they wont respond, charge over $500 or can't ship in time. also crazie listed the whole us and couldnt find any decent non ToyRus helmet for sale. Don't wanna be a Headless Iron Man lol. i got all the Parties and Event on calendar, can't give now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back