accurate ironman mark 4,5,6 helmets

jahrr

hi to all,
im JAHRR
i wanted to make accurate iron man mark 4, 5, 6 helmets...

for starters i'll base it with this pic
6194734528_d6c96ce2b7_b.jpg

credit for james robbins.

this is his mark 6 model
6194734754_9a13c3af29_b.jpg

compared with the mark 2
6194217417_c5c56649e7_b.jpg

i would like to make a pdo file for pepakura using these pics as basis, but how?

can you guys help me with my project?

------------
i've also provided the links for those who'd like to get started with their own helmets and suits

for the Mark 2 or 3 helmets, definitely use Sharkhead and Dubean's pdo file
download it here:
Sharkmark VI - Iron Man - Helmet - Unfolded by Dubean33.pdo - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

for the suit:

you'll need this to run the said pdo files

Pepakura Designer:
Pepakura Designer

or

Pepakura Viewer:
Download program Pepakura Viewer by TamaSoftware

Last edited:
3D Modeling tutorial for the human head. Focus on edge flow - YouTube

Model it in a 3D design program and export to pepakura.

Not sure why you want to make your own helmet since you already have Shark's...

that's because i've noticed very subtle differences with the mark 4,5,6 helmets (iron man 2) from the original mark 2,3 helmets (iron man).

Sharkhead's pep was perfect for the mark 2,3.

i made my first pep using his file, and a sorta battle damaged it to make it more of the last 3 helmets.....

i'll post some pics of my progress later, and to back up my thoughts with the differences..
thanks again aron42486.

Last edited:
need maya

next step: MAYA >>>> PEPAKURA

guys, i wonder, after i finish the model using maya, what do i do next?

i'm sorry but the helmets (mk 2,3,4,6) are all the same. The differences you may have noticed are differences between the physical helmet and the CGI helmet.

i'm sorry but the helmets (mk 2,3,4,6) are all the same. The differences you may have noticed are differences between the physical helmet and the CGI helmet.

yeah you're probably right but i'd like to make a helmet that is like the CGI in the iron man 2 movie...

and i think the CGI of the helmets between the two movies are slightly different that's what i'm trying to say

try this image:
from the movie iron man 2
the physical helmet, (mark II) and an inset of the CGI helmet (mark IV)
6197083484_6b35c465ec_z.jpg

notice the difference?..that's what i'm aiming for....

PS.
are you really dubean33 ??!!?? ^_^

can anyone help me with the picture posts, how do i attach pictures so that you'll see the actual pic rather than the link?

Last edited:
Yes i am dubean33 and i unfolded that file you're using :)

Trust me, the CGI helmets are the same. I have the 3d file for it as well as the 3d file used to make the physical helmet master. there are definitely differences between the two, but the CGI helmets are the same.

for pictures type this:

or use the insert image button at the top of the reply window to upload pics from your computer.

The helmets do seem more or less the same. If you are wanting to make your own then thats great but any differences will be so subtle they will go unnoticed

to Bimmer A.K.A. Dubean33

i pledge my allegiance to you, i am yours to serve my master...
6212821249_7a43f23889.jpg

wow....teach me master

hehehe i would like to learn to make a model from scrap is that possible with pepkura designer? or is it better i learn in maya?

to aron42486

thanks again for the most useful tips you've been giving me, har har har, yeah you're right it would be very subtle, but i know that when you're a prop maker, you'll notice the differences of every prop even if it is very subtle, it wouldn't go unnoticed.

someday when i've done mine, i hope you'll all appreiciate it...

Pepakura Designer is very very limited in its modeling capabilities. You will have a better time using an actual modeling program to design, then export into pepakura.

I use 3DS max, but there are a number of different programs out there. One of the most popular freeware programs is Blender. Just google it, then look up tutorials on youtube to get you started.

Pepakura Designer is very very limited in its modeling capabilities. You will have a better time using an actual modeling program to design, then export into pepakura.

I use 3DS max, but there are a number of different programs out there. One of the most popular freeware programs is Blender. Just google it, then look up tutorials on youtube to get you started.

okay thanks i'll definitely look it up....
(maya download is 1G up) such a huge download

in blender right now how do i add images???
i was thinking of adding images of the reference, for the front and side view....

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back