My Red Skull silicone mask

Yarko

Hello!

I finally found the time (and silicone) to give Red Skull a try. I hadn't any life cast available, so I had to make a short necked version (it won't really matter when I'm wearing a SS uniform with it). The sculpt took me 2 days, I had to rush it a little bit, but I think it doesn't look too bad for the time I had. The only thing that annoys me are all the bubbles of this particular casting, but I don't have enough silicone to make a new one right now.

I will be wearing the full costume this sunday for a special event in my island, I'll post pics as soon as I have them.

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

Yes, that's a Loki horn besides the mask :lol

Nice! How does it feel when it's on? I'm a bit fobic, so I'm afraid to buy a silicone mask. I think I would panic. Did you add colorant to the silicone when you were casting?

Hi!

Silicone masks feel quite comfortable, specially compared to latex. I don't think you would have any problem wearing silicone masks, if you cut a bigger hole for the eyes (I always prefer to keep the masks eyelids, but a lot of people cuts that part of the mask).

I apply a bit of red colorant to the silicone, but the colour you see in this pics was all applied after taking the mask off the mould.

I finally wore the costume, and here you have a couple of pics. I have to work better on the seamlines (this was quite rushed, as I said). Anyways, a friend of mine will be wearing this mask in the Avengers release, with a complete Kroenen leather costume, so he will look way better than me wearing just some random clothes and a jacket.

RedSkull_Preda_0003.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back