My Nike Mags

howlingwind13

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well, I've had these for almost a year now, and decided to light them.
The pics came out kinda bad...I did use the red, yellow green side lights but in the pics they wash together.
In person you can make out the 3 colors.
I'm super pumped to have these, just couldn't afford to have them lit. So I thought I'd give it a whirl. I'll take better pics later.
Thanks to Markpoon for making the shoes, and Jedifyfe for that diagram he posted.
mike

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    268.8 KB · Views: 814
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    271 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Thanks! learned alot doing these, I'll probably end up doing another pair if Markpoon is still doing his run. BTW, the wife did the stick on logos...darn sausage fingers.
mike

I really love when people take on projects cause that's how I was able to figure out lighting these shoes .You did a great job with these so far and there not easy to do cleanly.I'm sure you can understand now why I charge what I do.If you need any tips for your shoes just pm me with any questions howlin :cool.

Has anyone ever done a custom pair with EL sheets in the soles? I'm surprised no one has mentioned that it's EL, not LEDs, in the soles of the shoes like the NIKE logo has... (The new replicas are made this way, and from what I can tell, the movie shoes are like this as well...). You already have an inverter in the shoes for the logo, you should be able to tap off that and get a nice, solid blue color on the sides...

Just curious if anyone has tried it...

Has anyone ever done a custom pair with EL sheets in the soles? I'm surprised no one has mentioned that it's EL, not LEDs, in the soles of the shoes like the NIKE logo has... (The new replicas are made this way, and from what I can tell, the movie shoes are like this as well...). You already have an inverter in the shoes for the logo, you should be able to tap off that and get a nice, solid blue color on the sides...

Just curious if anyone has tried it...

Brad has just done this if you're interested. It's amazing

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back