Has anyone ever identified the THEY LIVE sunglasses?

TylerHam

I have been searching and all I can gather is they were a cheap "Oriental trading Company" like style of generic glasses -

Does anyone know different?

I met Rowdy Roddy Piper at a convention and he was selling replicas. I bought a pair, but they have "They Live" on the side of them. They're definitely cheap, but the front does look similar to the ones in the movie. I can get a pic if you want, and I'll check later to see if there's any identifying marks.

A pic would be great! I have looked at all kinds of "cheap" bulk sunglasses and never found the right ones - Although its been so long I would guess the style might be discontinued

looks like standard military issue. We called them BCG's short for Birth Control Glasses. They came in two flavors Awesome Anti-Women Black, and Cool I Can't Get A Date Brown.

BCGs014.jpg

Here's the pics. There is absolutely no markings on the glasses other than the word, Taiwan. Sorry. I've thought about putting them up in the PIF thread though at some point. Just haven't found something else.

I found those sunglasses today at a vintage shop. $5!

They're a bit different than the ones sold at the convention because it says : John Carpenter's They Live . Instead of only the title.

384469_10150507023234783_514079782_10735411_159638843_n.jpg
389523_10150507023529783_514079782_10735412_140112624_n.jpg

They live glasses

Can anyone tell me what model shades Hot Rod had on the movie??
I would love to get a display set up and they would be the center piece .

I heard Ray bans but not 100 pct sure .
Thanks

I have been searching and all I can gather is they were a cheap "Oriental trading Company" like style of generic glasses -

Does anyone know different?

Hey There,
I guess you may have found this out by now.
They are
RAY BAN DRIFTER sunglasses (in the Wayfarer range).
Very hard to come by these days, though I've had a pair BECAUSE I loved this movie so much since the early 90s when they cost me about £130 new from a Dept Store in London.
I have seen these things go on ebay for upwards of £300 now. (possibly because Princess Diana used to wear them!)
Hope this helps!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back