Pulp Fiction Briefcase - Functional Light Effect Ideas?

I think in the movie its more shiny. When I saw the movie the first time I first thought it have to be gold bricks inside...

The I read somewhere that it is Wallace' soul...

Whatever, looks nice... If it were more gold-shiny it would look perfect.

This Thread is amazing. I've been wanting to do this for years.

In Fact i have been sitting on a Franzen suitcase for a couple years now, Maybe it's time to tackle this project too!

Question: Is the Pulp Fiction Movie suitcase intact BLACK? sometimes it looks dark brown and other scenes it looks black. (i have a brown one with a seam down the middle ;( )

Construction: I was thinking of some sort of Mini Tube Lightbox type set up with maybe a flat yellow/orange Plexi surface... to hide the electronics. But that would just be making things unnecessarily pretty, i guess.

Question: Is the Pulp Fiction Movie suitcase intact BLACK? sometimes it looks dark brown and other scenes it looks black. (i have a brown one with a seam down the middle ;( )

Construction: I was thinking of some sort of Mini Tube Lightbox type set up with maybe a flat yellow/orange Plexi surface... to hide the electronics. But that would just be making things unnecessarily pretty, i guess.

Good question. Yes, actual briefcase from film was indeed black. As for construction, the minitube lightbox setup may indeed work. If you do go that route, just be sure to post lots of pics so fellow RPFers can see your progress. :)

Good question. Yes, actual briefcase from film was indeed black. As for construction, the minitube lightbox setup may indeed work. If you do go that route, just be sure to post lots of pics so fellow RPFers can see your progress. :)

Wow, what timing, I'm so glad I found your thread. Just wanted to ask what kind of battery that is exactly. I have one of those yellow coated 'bug' bulbs, a socket, and a spare closet door light switch (same idea as your refrigerator switch). Got stumped on what the best option would be for power though.

Wow, what timing, I'm so glad I found your thread. Just wanted to ask what kind of battery that is exactly. I have one of those yellow coated 'bug' bulbs, a socket, and a spare closet door light switch (same idea as your refrigerator switch). Got stumped on what the best option would be for power though.

Don't know the exact manufacturer's name, but it is a 12v battery purchased from Batteries Plus. I got the 12v battery because the lightbulb I used was a 12v as well. Once you have the 12v battery and 12v lightbulb, just spray paint the bulb using colored spray (you can find this at your local Michael's store), hook up your connections and voila! :)

Don't know the exact manufacturer's name, but it is a 12v battery purchased from Batteries Plus. I got the 12v battery because the lightbulb I used was a 12v as well. Once you have the 12v battery and 12v lightbulb, just spray paint the bulb using colored spray (you can find this at your local Michael's store), hook up your connections and voila! :)

Awesome, thank you! :thumbsup

This seems pretty neat...the one thing I would like to see is a gold foil lining at the bottom. This would create a warm gold glow when the caase is cracked open.

The fridge switch was a good idea, but what about a reed switch? It would be much smaller and more discreet. Then again, theres not much discreet about a big bulb and battery in the case anyways.

Has anybody ever found out the type of briefcase they used?

I'm looking to make one of these myself.

Double check with Kurtyboy, but almost certain they used a black "Franzen" briefcase. Just do an eBay search for Franzen briefcases and that should get you started.

Are there are any good photos of the actual prop briefcase today? It's got to be in a collection somewhere.
I know some here have said it was black but it doesn't look black on screen to me. I'd love to see good photos of the actual prop as it exists today...

Are there are any good photos of the actual prop briefcase today? It's got to be in a collection somewhere.
I know some here have said it was black but it doesn't look black on screen to me. I'd love to see good photos of the actual prop as it exists today...

Definitely black. I could've sworn it was burgundy, but Pulp Fiction was on TV last night. You can see the color really well in the apartment scene. Black for sure.

Definitely black. I could've sworn it was burgundy, but Pulp Fiction was on TV last night. You can see the color really well in the apartment scene. Black for sure.
Funny, because I watched the DVD and it sure didn't look black to me all through the movie. At various points, it looks like any color they made them in, depending on the lighting...

Funny, because I watched the DVD and it sure didn't look black to me all through the movie. At various points, it looks like any color they made them in, depending on the lighting...

Well I still have a black and white TV, so what can you do?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back