Tutorial: McFly's Nike Bruins

Here's another pic of the original Forrest Gump shoes: Forrest Gump - Nike Cortez copy.jpg

Sorry for 20 million year bump BUT, I am looking for those shoes (Court Majestic, Sweet Classic, Cortez, etc) and would like to know what type of Nike's are the most similar to the Bruins?

Sorry for 20 million year bump BUT, I am looking for those shoes (Court Majestic, Sweet Classic, Cortez, etc) and would like to know what type of Nike's are the most similar to the Bruins?

I prefer the Majestics. I think those are way closer than the cortez

I was recently looking for this shoe and couldn't find all white shoes in any model mentioned. Although I have found 2 alternatives, one of them is the Supreme x Nike Bruin White/Red but those are pretty expensive, you can find them for around $300. But there's a better alternative, although it does look a little different, is the Eric Koston made in Nike iD which I ordered: http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/product/eric-koston-id/builder/?mid=699732076#?mid=699732076

Just made an account to help people out :)

Thanks for this tutorial. I used this method on my real bruins. They originally had blue swooshes and back piece. Since they are from 1984 they were a little dirty, but white angelus paint work wonders on them.

Last edited:
Thanks for this tutorial. I used this method on my real bruins. They originally had blue swooshes and back piece. Since they are from 1984 they were a little dirty, but white angelus paint work wonders on them.

Thats great! Post a picture so we can see them!

I just bought some actual Nike Bruins, and want to try this. It's all leather, so will this work or is there another way?

Are you looking to strip paint and re paint? This method would work great. I still wear my "bruins" and they have held up very well over the years

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back