Weyland Yutani Nostromo Crew Profiles from Aliens - Lambert was born male!

Birdie

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was wading through the Aliens Blu-Ray extras yesterday, and came across the isolated Nostromo crew profiles that flash up in the background in the scene where Ripley is at the inquiry.

There's some weird s**t right there!

Turns out that Lambert was born male and had her sex changed (parents wanted a girl??) at birth :confused

Kane is an ex alcoholic and substance abuser, who switched from medical crew to avoid the temptation of raiding med supplies.

Brett is smarter than Parker but has been unable to progress in WY due to a criminal record after an abusive childhood.

Ripley was on her way to a starry career, before breaking the rules of her contract by becoming pregnant. The Nostromo run was to be her final trip for WY as she wanted to look after her daughter on her return.

Dallas has authority issues.

The reports also use a lot of names from the alien production team for names of ships, companies, etc - O'Bannon, Giler, Scott etc - as well as a mention of the Tyrell Corporation!

Well worth a look, if you have the set...

Some snippets:

2m801vt.jpg

59y6if.jpg

35389br.jpg

2aamqvn.jpg

2rp8g02.jpg

2yw7c6v.jpg

I wonder if that was a new addition they added or if it was in the original character profiles. Seems like WY hires roughnecks for long haul trips.

I went through these a while back. There's a serious amount of detail there!
Well worth a read.

I love this blue-ray set. It's the most comprehensive collections that I own. I got a kick out of reading these too and was surprised to read what they sneaked in there about Lambert too! LOL.

There are quite a few differences on the crew files between those seen on the blu-rays and those seen on the Alien 20th Anniversary DVD. Personally I think the latter are better. :cool

There are quite a few differences on the crew files between those seen on the blu-rays and those seen on the Alien 20th Anniversary DVD. Personally I think the latter are better. :cool

I wonder who wrote those ones? JT Parker and Thomas Kane sure sound cooler than Dennis and Gilbert :lol

I wonder who wrote those ones? JT Parker and Thomas Kane sure sound cooler than Dennis and Gilbert :lol

Not sure. There is some weird stuff in the blu-ray version... for instance in Dallas' profile pictured above, his date of birth is listed as 6/9/2090?
Which at the time of Alien set in 2122, would make him 32, the same age as me? And I know I look younger than Dallas! :lol

That doesn't make sense to me (the variations)....which version came out first (20th anniversary or Blu-Ray)? I believe (but could be wrong) that the latter is considered the definitive collection. But that being said, there are differences...hummm....I wonder which ones are more 'original'??

The Blu-Ray extra features the actual profiles used onscreen in Aliens.

Unless the easter egg profiles included on the original Alien DVD were sourced from production materials from Alien, I imagine Cameron's take came first.

I have decided the company was making crap up to make the crew look like they all had some issues to advance the company's take on things.

I have decreed that this is so! ;)

Makes sense though doesn't it?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back