ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, that right leg looks amazing! This is my favorite pic so far. All the detail on the leg and torso pop out and look extra crisp.

Joe

Cheers Joe, from the Flak part onwards its very cobbled together, I cant see any other way of doing it without better ref. I wouldn't recommend anyone using my pics for placement of parts as its all a guess really. I used a ton of maths on the A-Wing but this is all be eye, luck and guess work.

I am very glad I got the bug on this prop though, I never really cared for it that much in the past but now I love it.

Love it Guy, youv'e done an amazing job mate, fairly quickly too, which is not an easy thing to do. Pics are top notch too.
Really looking forward to you painting her, which I suspect is your favorite part of the build?.:)

Oh, package in the mail for you Monday mate, thousand apologies from me for not getting it off sooner Guy :facepalm.
Stu

Ace, new silicone tubing arrived today. Its a lot more in keeping with the prop than the F1 stock stuff I have. If anyone is interested I had to buy 5 meters of it as a min order so have plenty left. Its the semi clear tubing not the black.

its 2.1mm diameter with a central open core of 0.5mm

IMG_0212-1.jpg

Hose does look better mate, i always matched it to the diameter of that of a Bic insert, but never did chase it up, looks nice.

lee

Looking good! That spindle part definitely looks to be the right part. I've never been sure about what the part stuck on the left is - it's always in shadow.

Nice, Guy it looks the deal, ive had that 88mm cylinder tagged for an age, seeing it in your pic concretes it for me, along with the front part, it all works.
Just cant find that damn plate, holding out for it lol.

Lee

:facepalm

I kept looking at parts for that cylinder that were mounting points for tank wheels. Of course it comes from a kit we already know...it really pays to look back through those kits for unknown parts doesn't it?!

PS - I should probably put the head slapping "doh" icon in every post...

Somebody tried to mug me last night with a carving knife, no joke!

He made a big mistake I can tell you, all I got was a cut finger from pulling the knife out of the ground.

I felt really sorry for him, he was a young lad and only wanted to get money for the tram home but sadly he picked on the wrong Guy. its amazing what you can convince someone when you need to.

Lets say it ended with him running for his life and a trip back to the canal to get the knife back with the police. I think he got off lightly with a sever case of panic when I ended up with the knife. It was my first mugging and I have to say it was rather interesting to say the least.

He jumped out on me whilst I was going through an anti bike gate on a bridge going over the canal near by my home, my first troll attack :behave

Ha! Good story. Happy ending there too. I've never been mugged in NYC so far...fingers crossed.

Just wanted to add that that plate piece has a bezel like area in that large hole. Like some other piece is meant to be seated in there. If scratched, the best look would be two holes of slightly different sizes in the same plate pattern piece. Then below it is a tiny hole. Just describing it to see if it helps.

I get the feeling it's part of an interior car wall, a hull/battery divider, or the sidewall of tank maybe. But it has no other details, so probably isn't from a tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back