ESB AT-ST Turkey Walker (Chicken to the talented)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Scott, I'll let you know if one turns up

Cheers Scott, its a fun way of killing time till the armature is ready

Got a bit more done today, I decided to keep the spending down on this as its a fun throw together as opposed to the other head that sits there each day staring at what I'm doing with a weird serious face all the time!!!!

I've added a few details inside the entry point and also had to scratch the 312B part for the Right cheek gun.....I'm not spending if I can help it. I think it turned out OK, I didn't bother with super accurate measurements for the scratch just sort of eyeballed it so it represents as opposed to hours and hours of starting over.

The Chin Gun, Left Cheek Gun and Right side plate will transfer over from head to head, the left side plate will be a battle damaged version.

I'm hoping that an 8RAD will arrive tomorrow as its bugging the hell out of me looking like a Cyclops, they're best left for Jim.

IMG_0169-1.jpg

IMG_0173-1.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

Last edited:
That's one mighty fine battle worn chicken head mate, those rebels sure do have some powerful dremel weaponery on hand:lol.
Stu

Ha, I'm getting the feeling this is kinda going all the way re damage. I had a go at scratching the SU-100 part today, its a little heavier than the original (as in bulk) but kinda looks the part, I left the grill open inside so I can create more damage.....MORE DAMAGE...Mooouh haaahh hahhh!

Thanks for the words guys and I appreciate any comments even if its "WTF are you doing Looser"? The rear will be battered beyond reason including internal substructures that will be visible through the damage. Oh yes, this is Fun Fun Fun.

Dont know about Hot Source Mike but I have taken a flame thrower to it which was pretty hot.

IMG_0180.jpg

Looking good Guy, different ill say! Was thinking the other day how to get a real peppered look to the styrene, as if it were hit with Flak fire or the like, kinda wondered if a chemical such as a cellulose base would work if applied in droplets overnight?

Not sure how it would work, but a thinner styrene could be the way, may drop some spots on a sheet tonite, see how it works, probably wont, but just a thought from an over active mind lol.

Oh, buddy, do me a favor, maybe bend/curl the 8rad visor up with a soldering iron or something, like it blew open, that would kick ass!

lee

ITs already done mate, Ha. That shot was from earlier. I'm on my way out now but will post a pic up tomorrow. I'm trying to hinge it as well but booboo'd and need to rethink it.

Let me know how the chemistry goes, I've not got any but if the results look good, welllllll
why the hell not :)

Last edited:
Come on, the Rebel Alliance....Keep up the good work!

There is still a lot of clean up and engine to add, There is 3 layers of engine, the rear plate an internal wall of parts (mainly 312T) with stuff between to be added. Still very much a WIP

IMG_0195-1.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

Cheers Al, I'm getting the same feeling you get when you take a sledge hammer to a wall :lol

It'll look better when painted thats for sure ! Gulp!

Looking really crappy Guy, which is the idea right? Lol.
Love the back end, bring it along to the UK meet mate?

Lee

I'm gunna try n get it painted an all for the meet if I can mate. I forgot to take a pic of the bent eye at the front will post it up in a min.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back