Uncharted 3 shoulder holster

Yeah, I kinda figured these weren't easy to make and that you had to have put a bit of time and money into creating each of them. I know from my experience with the Indiana Jones gear vendors that leather costs and working with it can be both expensive and time consuming.

I've been searching the net since I played the first game for Drake's holster. I of course ended up settling for "close enough" ones. Then the second game hit and that one was even tougher to match to the "real life" ones I was looking at. Again, settled for something "close enough". :( I was hoping that some of the Indy Gear vendors might pick up making Drake's gear, like the holsters but that as of yet has not happened. :(

Unfortunately I don't have the experience or the proper tools to put these together myself. We do have a leather store here in town where I think I could purchase the leather you used here, not exactly sure though.

Did you buy the buckles and "D" rings for the holsters online or did you make them from scratch?

Yeah, any info you could post on how these were put together would be nice, like the measurements or template for the design of the holsters.

These are definitely the best replicas I've seen so far. I couldn't afford to buy each one but I could maybe get away with buying one IF you were selling these. I wish to God Naughty Dog would commission someone here in the US to produce a line of Nate's holsters. I know a lot of the fans would be interested in owning them. :)

Hi!

Completely agree. I only hope that if they commission someone, that they do not produce crap. If you take e.g. the Rambo knife sheaths you know what I mean...

Concerning the metal parts. I lost a lot of time searching every shop on the internet for fitting parts. You will always find something close, but never 100%. Mostly nickel plated iron - will rust sometime. So I decided to build everything from scratch - closer to the original and rustproof. However: A lot of work!

Following the rules of this forum - as a new member - I can not sell or offer something until the 45 day delay is over. Since I got several positive comments - really unexpectedly - I will potentially think about selling one when this time is over....

Best

Yeah, I totally understand. :) It'd be nice to be able to get one of these holsters. I can only *HOPE* with the release of the third game and the movie coming sometime in the near future that we see a lot more Uncharted merchandise popping up.

Oh, and keep in mind that Nate has two different holsters in Uncharted 3 plus it looks as if he has a slightly different one in the Uncharted : Golden Abyss game. :)

my 2 cents... I'd be fine with the diamond shaped snaps being replaced by round ones. :angel
It would make the thing easier to produce I'd think.

for me, please! I cought to look at eBay, that are silimar or different not match, of course I know, what looking I for?

this cost over $$$ , why did I not accpet? sometimes can't ship to Europe... that's problems with custom duty.

hand crafted for leather? I didn't clue, who did I that do?

leatherworker: Turkish Bandolier , is your small but little bit bigger and like it that real life. ^^
I can to buy , if I want it. are you from Germany?? Cool, I live in Luxembourg.

please, please I want this. :(

for me, please! I cought to look at eBay, that are silimar or different not match, of course I know, what looking I for?

this cost over $$$ , why did I not accpet? sometimes can't ship to Europe... that's problems with custom duty.

hand crafted for leather? I didn't clue, who did I that do?

leatherworker: Turkish Bandolier , is your small but little bit bigger and like it that real life. ^^
I can to buy , if I want it. are you from Germany?? Cool, I live in Luxembourg.

please, please I want this. :(

Hi there!

Yes, I am from germany. I also experienced the problem with ebay that shipping to europe sometimes is not an option - unfortunately.

Not sure wether I got you right concerning the size of the bandolier. I measure 1,80 m and it fits perfect. It holds 60x AK 47 M43 (7,62 × 39 mm) cartridges - in the game its more likely AK74 5,45 x 39 mm (difficult to find original deactivated decoration munition).

The bandolier is not completely finished yet - as you see, the buttons are not as in the game (round vs. diamond) - the rest is pretty close.

If it is finished, I may potentially consider selling it in the junkjard. But I think with all the work going to it, the price would be hard to take - even for passionate Nathan Drake fans....

Greetings to Luxembourg!

leatherworker: cool, I have to wish the payment from bank transfer, if you want selling there. Oh yes, I am bigger fan of videogame in since the first game "Drake's Fortune"

Maybe shall we come to private message...

I hope, you can to all give here. ;)

Can't wait for order...

I am going to make a hybrid of 2 M7 military holsters. Will post a pic when its done. but here is what an M7 looks like unmodified.
LEG-195.jpg

I want one of these SOOOOOO bad!!!!! Let me know if you decide to make more I'm planning on going to SDCC next year and this would be the perfect thing for me to wear.....

What a wonderfull game! Have played Uncharted 3 and am overwhelmed - although part 2 was somehow more exciting.

Anyway, I have now a lot of information which was missing to build the Uncharted Holster (Syria Part).

I was encouraged to show some pictures of the formation process. Since time is pretty limited, I decide to show a picture from time to time to show the progress.

If someone has any comments, ideas, improvements or better reference material, please let me know.

At the moment most time is consumed by sculpturing the future metal parts like buckles, plates etc. and setting up the right dimensions and appearance. Some of the leather parts are pre-cut and prepared for further processing. The x-shaped backpart has already its final color and antique finish...

leatherworker: excatly is match to the button who like star or flower, can't wait your finished work. thumb uppppp
did you really the game yet? How find you think about the game?

CommanderNiyic: like too at eBay ;) I have bought them.

RESEVRE ME, leatherworker has the briliant work by handmade holster. I want help you, if is pretty fun with handmade.

Last edited:
A little update to the uncharted 3 holster project:

The pistol carrier is nearly finished (see attached picture). Antik brown finish. I decided to slightly adopt the dimensions to fit a beretta. A P99 is to small and would require to down scale everything so that the in-game appearance would be lost.

A first version of the magazin pouch is set together (see picture). This piece takes a lot of time and material in order to come close to the original. Does anyone have info wether this pouch is really intended to hold magazines? The dimensions and conception seems unsuited for that purpose. Maybe it was intended to hold Nathan's journal?

At the moment I set the dimensions to fit 3 beretta magazines.

Updates will follow...

Nice job on the shoulder rig, Leatherworker! I've also been toying with the idea of making my own rigs, but I've got too many projects going. There's only so much time in one day, alas.

You're better off creating the holster like you did to fit the Beretta. In my mind that's the gun Nate should always carry. In fact he's holding one in some of the artwork for the game.

As far as the "pouch" goes on the UC3 desert holster.....I believe it's supposed to be a mag pouch. Nate's always pulling his journal out of his magic back pocket anyway. LOL

yeah, Remember from picture Bandoiler and holster are match from last pic of Leatherworker.

on the belt under the hip, is that the bag? Which is the name? Without the strap on the shoulder, only hips.

Yes, it is Beretta weapons, he wears often.

You're better off creating the holster like you did to fit the Beretta. In my mind that's the gun Nate should always carry. In fact he's holding one in some of the artwork for the game.

As far as the "pouch" goes on the UC3 desert holster.....I believe it's supposed to be a mag pouch. Nate's always pulling his journal out of his magic back pocket anyway. LOL

In UC3, he seems to carry and pull the Journal from that little 3 pocket pouch he carries (One main pocket and two smaller ones on the front) on his hip.

Based on it's apparent size (I don't have any definative details) it has room to fit his and Cutter's journals, a couple of pens/pencils, and whatever he can fit in the two smaller pockets.
I'm going to draw up plans for one soon and see what I can do. I won't do any runs but I will provide info/plans if it works out and looks close enough.

In game shows three different holster, in France Chateu he wears darker brown leather holster with mag two pocket without golden Button and NDI on the back, it likes from Among Thieves model holster.

After Yemen following Nate to Talbot: without holster and later at the ship wreck he wears this holster... funny. Where made user Leatherworker (here) this golden Buttons.

In UC3, he seems to carry and pull the Journal from that little 3 pocket pouch he carries (One main pocket and two smaller ones on the front) on his hip.

Based on it's apparent size (I don't have any definative details) it has room to fit his and Cutter's journals, a couple of pens/pencils, and whatever he can fit in the two smaller pockets.
I'm going to draw up plans for one soon and see what I can do. I won't do any runs but I will provide info/plans if it works out and looks close enough.

That sounds like an interesting project! When I played the game I was immediately reminded of a "belstaff" pouch I bought several years ago. It has basically the same appearance but is a little bit bigger (here a link: http://www.snobtop.com/2009/03/belstaff-tasche/). Maybe it helps to set up the design and conception...

Best

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back