Uncharted 3 shoulder holster

I'm finding that the Uncharted holsters aren't very practical for "real world" gun carrying. If you're looking to just use these for cosplay purposes then fine, other then that you're asking for trouble.

If however you carry a real gun and like Drake's look and you don't care about being "screen accurate" then find yourself a real "close enough" shoulder holster.

Oh, and about Drake's "hip pouch" he wears in Uncharted 3. I bought this on eBay a while back. It's not totally SA but it's close enough and the right size. It's also a really well made item and very handy.....Here's the link to it. The one I bought is No. O1

★New Small CrossBag Messenger Shoulder Bag Waist Packs | eBay

I'm finding that the Uncharted holsters aren't very practical for "real world" gun carrying. If you're looking to just use these for cosplay purposes then fine, other then that you're asking for trouble.

If however you carry a real gun and like Drake's look and you don't care about being "screen accurate" then find yourself a real "close enough" shoulder holster.

Oh, and about Drake's "hip pouch" he wears in Uncharted 3. I bought this on eBay a while back. It's not totally SA but it's close enough and the right size. It's also a really well made item and very handy.....Here's the link to it. The one I bought is No. O1

*New Small CrossBag Messenger Shoulder Bag Waist Packs | eBay

Hmmm... thought this is a forum for replicas and costumes, not for tactical special OPS :lol

Appart from that, I would completely agree. As mentioned above, no one would use such a pattern for a "real life" holster. You would be shot ten times untill you get a reserve magazine out of a pouch which is closed with a strap and buckle etc. etc.

I am collecting movie and game replicas which are as close and as functional as possible to the original. So for me the way is "screen accurate" - but this is for sure a matter of personal philosophy...

For costuming, I agree. Screen accuracy, where possible.
I agree with Pitfall though in that the UC2 and 3 holsters aren't very practical in the real world (though they do look cool).
As for special ops.. :lol I've been falsely accused of that in the past. (Long story, shady cousin, long night at a bar, and an adventure after we left O_O)

why are my waste for the "real world" with costume? Because I want that who look the perfect. *grinned*

hip bag is really good idea...

now I have got the softair Ak47 S , this is huge weight of carring... *shy*

For costuming, I agree. Screen accuracy, where possible.
I agree with Pitfall though in that the UC2 and 3 holsters aren't very practical in the real world (though they do look cool).
As for special ops.. :lol I've been falsely accused of that in the past. (Long story, shady cousin, long night at a bar, and an adventure after we left O_O)

The special ops story sounds interesting:$.

The only uncharted holster I would recommend for real use would be the one used in the first part of UC3 - the one with the horizontal magazine pouches.

If it would be legal in germany to jump around with real guns as an average citizen, I would definitely go with some movie versions. Here's one I build after "the mummy returns" (stainless steel spring construction, tight body fit etc. etc.). But that is another thread....

10957-double-1911-leather-holster-rick-oconnell-worn-mummy-returns.jpg

Sad update with the uncharted 3 holster (all other work as well!)...

everything is prepared (leather, molds etc. etc.) and I can't do anything!

My melting pot is broken and not anymore available in germany (product recall!). Tried everything but using Zamak is a problem for finding a suited furnace. There is only 1 option for 1035 Euro and I have no confirmation yet that it will work/survive with zinc alloys. But I would be crazy enough to pay. Anyone with an idea or proposal?

Switching to tin or related metals is no option - to soft for the buckles etc. Using resin is no option for me.

There are no "close enough" parts available that will give the in-game look - the complex decorated attachments for e.g. the pistol carrier are simply to remarkable.

So I am completely on hold until I find a way to get the metal to the exact temperature...

Leatherworker is back in buissiness! My new melting pot arrived and I could finally complete the uncharted 3 holster...

11762-leather-holster-uncharted-3.jpg

Only some specs: Full grain leather moderately aged, rust proof metal hardware (all metal: brass and zamak - no coloring or resin!) chemically aged, heavy duty waxed synthetic threads etc. etc. In contrast to the holsters from part 1 and 2 - both with a "puristic" design - this one was a challange. I decided to make a "universal" pistol carrier holding different guns. A special - better fitting - one for e.g. a short P99 would have changed the look dramatically. Most difficult parts are the magazine pouch and all the metal artwork...

11764-uncharted-3-shoulder-holster-detais.jpg

This thing should be pretty close to the in-game one - with some minor changes that were necessary to make it wearable. However, if anyone has better reference material or ideas to improve things, please let me know!

11763-uncharted-3-holster-backview.jpg

11765-uncharted-3-leather-holster-magazine-pouch.jpg

The bandolier will be ready soon...

This time no update with the holster – I didn’t want to open a new thread…

Here it is – finally - my Uncharted 3 Bandolier - I did for a like-minded Uncharted fan to round off Nathans outfit.

11778-leather-bandolier-unchrted-3.jpg

This was a tough job! I have completely updated my prototype design with missing details and improvements (in particular more accurate buckles, buttons, pouches etc.). However, if someone has high-res images or reference material showing details better or revealing flaws in the concept, please let us know to further improve the design – the buttons are in my eyes the most critical part…

11776-leather-bandolier-uncharted-3-details.jpg

In the shown configuration it securely holds 60 rounds of 7,62 × 39 mm cartridges (in-game I guess its 5,45 × 39 mm) and the 4,5 mm full grain leather allows to pull a “truck” out of quicksand – I’m just kidding. Fully armed this thing weighs nearly 4 kg. I decided to put a NDI label inside…

11777-uncharted-3-bandolier-pouch.jpg

If you prefer to make one on your own: With intermediate leather skills it should not be an unsolvable task but be prepared for A LOT of work!! These are 40 single leather parts (each cut, bevelled, embossed, stained (3x front, 1x back), edge sealing, antique finishing, polished, 2x sealed and polished), handmade zamak buckles and buttons, all with chemical aging. Everything is then sewed together with 112 single seams using high quality waxed polyester thread (doubled to provide durability!) – in particular the feature that every cartridge has its own fitting requires excessive stitching…

Very nice.

The only critiques I have are,
1. There should be bullet loops between the "pouches" on the front strap starting on the outside edge (7 total).
2. the snaps on the pouches are filled in flush.

6806647952_8fd0551581_z.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice.

1. There should be bullet loops between the "pouches" on the front strap starting on the outside edge (7 total).

Hi,

do you have a picture of these "bullet loops" in between? I checked many many pictures and am not sure what to look for...

Best

Very nice.

6806647952_8fd0551581_z.jpg

Hmmm...I interpreted that as these "overlaps" I designed. But you are completely right - at least in between - it could also be an additional "flat" loop! What irritates me are the clear borderlines, I would't expect from a continuous strap. That's a really difficult question! Any further views on that point? :confused

I think that there is a shallow deepening in the in-game buttons - not as deep as my version. I spend a lot of work to get something coming close and at the same time being robust for hard usage. The biggest problem is that I can not produce heavy duty press buttons on my own. So I have to modify existing ones without making them to high or fragile. I would be very happy if someone has solved a similar problem and have some advice...

I have been following Leatherworker's progress (great attention to detail) and using much of the forum comments to help shape my own holsters. I owe most of my current success to Etsy, RPF and Leatherworker. (so jealous that you also cast your own metal parts. wanted to do that for a while and can't find the time to get into it. Maybe for the best since there are only so many hours in the day.:unsure)

I am also adding the watch band to my repertoire for a costumer who has bought the U3 holster.

Much more to come in the near future! Glad to be back in the game and so glad I found theRPF.com

Hi Guys ,

Just been reading through this thraed and have to say i love the workmanship on all the holsters and bandoliers . They look amazing !! , Leatherworker i love your attention to detail

Just want to ask one question , is thir anywere i can buy the buckles and conchose for the Uncharted 3 holster as i'm currently working on my own copy and want is as close as possible to the real thing .

Many Thanks

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back