Uncharted 3 shoulder holster

Its going on so slowly!

Very little update with the uncharted 3 holster. The numerous metal parts hold up everything! The molds have to rest at least 7 days before casting is possible. It is a special silicon taking 500°C, necessary for casting with zamak alloy.
At least the magazin pouch is ready to go (see picture). It will be detachable via press bottons so that the holster can be upgraded to other weapon types easily - as with my uncharted 1 holster. Without the final buckles I can not adjust the shoulder straps to ensure proper fit. At least the anatomical shape of the straps and the positioning of the future metal applications I could prepare so that it will have a comfortable fit (see picture).
This weekend I will try some first metal castings and hope that I get something usable...

Not really pertinent to this thread subject but I started playing 3 yesterday and noticed that the bag Drake has as a kid looks like a scaled down MkVII, the same bag used by Indy.:lol

So... it starts getting fun...

The first metal parts are ready and processed. And the prominent back plate of Nathans holster is ready.

In the picture you see the raw castings to the right. The attached parts were grinded, polished and a brass layer was applied electrochemically. With some other chemical treatment the brass was aged to mimic the "used and old" in-game look. At some positions the brass was grinded so that the silver shines through - as seen in several screen shots...

I now have to wait for new silicon material (1 kg=50 euro:cry) for the molds of the buckles etc....

Leatherworker...

Is there anyway you can post the leather pattern for the UC1 holster and mag pouch? That way I could just download them and print them out. I'm thinking about making my own shoulder rig.....Of course the holster pattern would have to fit a Beretta 92Fs.

The UC1 holster I produced so far only for Makarov PMs.

1) The pistol carrier have to be upscaled and reshaped according to the gun profile - here it is important to know wether you want to wet mold (this has to be considered in the shape as well). Without the wet mold step a secure fit is not obtainable. If you want a "real deal" usable version, I would strongly suggest to wet mold. Since the balancing point of the beretta is completely different the attachment points to the straps have to be repositioned a bit.

2) The magazin pouches have to be upscaled (particularly the length) a lot for the beretta magazines. In order not to loose the in-game look you have to upscale the magazine holder plate as well.

The rest should be more or less 1:1 with the Makarow version. Not to forget that the straps have to be slightly shorten to compensate the bigger parts - but the straps you have to adjust to your body anyway.

I will see what I can do to provide some accordant patterns - at the moment I am heavily absorbed by the UC3 bandolier, holster, watch ...

I had a go at Drake's hip pouch in 1:6th scale last night.
This one..
Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

I'd say I blew the size.. I was going for one that would hold the UC3 journal but at that size, it ends up being TOO large. At least in 1:6th. I may try a quick mock-up in 1:1 to confirm but I'm getting closer to nailing a pattern for it.
P1120798.jpg

P1120799.jpg

So... it starts getting fun...

The first metal parts are ready and processed. And the prominent back plate of Nathans holster is ready.

In the picture you see the raw castings to the right. The attached parts were grinded, polished and a brass layer was applied electrochemically. With some other chemical treatment the brass was aged to mimic the "used and old" in-game look. At some positions the brass was grinded so that the silver shines through - as seen in several screen shots...

I now have to wait for new silicon material (1 kg=50 euro:cry) for the molds of the buckles etc....

View attachment 76966
You're welcome :)

Hi there!

Is this what I think it is? Did you had access to the original game design or are the details your interpretation of a frame I missed? Would be great if you could post the source!!!!!

In case your reference is better - looks like-, it seems I have to start again with sculpturing:cry

But if this makes the holster more screen accurate it is the only way to go:rolleyes...

Thanx!!!

Hi there!

Is this what I think it is? Did you had access to the original game design or are the details your interpretation of a frame I missed? Would be great if you could post the source!!!!!

In case your reference is better - looks like-, it seems I have to start again with sculpturing:cry

But if this makes the holster more screen accurate it is the only way to go:rolleyes...

Thanx!!!

As far as I can tell this is as accurate as it gets.... Here is my source it's at the bottom but there is some cool stuff in here
Area :: Behind the Screenz

As far as I can tell this is as accurate as it gets.... Here is my source it's at the bottom but there is some cool stuff in here
Area :: Behind the Screenz

WOW! Thanks a lot for this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup

I have to change several points of my design. Also the shape of the back plate and in particular the metal parts.

A lot of work and money to the bin - so what - the only thing that matters is the result!

Again thanks a lot!!! That will help significantly to improve screen accuracy!!

Best

Evolution....

its a while since I overhasty claimed that the backplate of my uncharted 3 holster is more or less ready. When you have followed the thread you will have seen the new high resolution screenshot showing most of the details of the metal work - many thanks again to ejh343 here in the forum!!!!

So I had to trash a lot of work and start again with sculpturing. In the picture (to the right) you see the new leather back plate with modified shape and the first raw model of the central metal plate - no comparison to the version I designed from in-game screenshots (left). Good reference material is irreplaceable!!!

It is in my eyes absolutely incredible how much details the character designers put in such a little and seemingly marginal piece.

Hope that it is possible to get all the details after metal casting (my equipment does not allow using higher melt pressure).

Unfortunately I can not proceed, because I wait for new silicon...

Hahah you're welcome! Now if only I could get you to make me one hahahahaha!!! Good work it looks amazing I can't wait to see it finished....

Amazing!! Looks fantastic - spot on! Maybe you could earn some bucks on the side if you offered these in the JU as a kit?

Now is save here my posts and I missing the bag hip link address in since wrong rpf disspeared...

tell me again, where can I buy from Nate Drake's bag hip?
It is called who "belafast" or any picture here?

Hi folks,

its a while, since I updated the formation process of the uncharted 3 holster. Its not that I would have been lazy but this project is tougher that initially thought. The leather part is no problem. But all these metal details...

Making replicas from computer virtual reality is - in many cases - much more difficult than with "real" cinema and movie equipment. The character designers had obviously a lot of fun inventing this rig. The attachments for the magazine pouch are different than the ones for the pistol carrier, the backplate applications different from the strap ones etc. No one would use such a pattern for a holster - the concept with the buckles and straps is unusual. But it looks great!!!!

So I hope, I will post the final version soon...

Best

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back