Trying To Identify A Tusken Bandolier/Ammo Pouch...

chewbaccadoll

Sr Member
Please don't bite my head off if this has been discussed, I did do some research, but couldn't find a definitive answer.

I'm trying to find out what bandolier/ammo pouch is being worn in this press shot (circled in white) of Tusky:

Tuskenwaist_bando.jpg

I know all about the Enfield and Swedish Mauser and one British Martini-Henry... just never heard this one discussed.

I found some Chinese Tokarev pistol ammo pouches that I though (for my purposes) sort of close and interesting:

Screenshot2011-09-22at101425AM.jpg

But they're not exact of course.

Did anyone already identify this/these?

Trying to get my costume finished for Halloween!!!

Thanks all,

-Kurt

I'd discount any of those you showed below the screencap, but for a close enough they'd work...

If you look at the press shot, the flap retainer button is roughly 2/3 below the overall length of the case (top to bottom), the Tokarev pouch buttons don't extend down nearly that far...

Last edited:
I'd discount any of those you showed below the screencap, IMO...

If you look at the press shot, the flap retainer button is roughly 2/3 below the overall length of the case (top to bottom), the Tokarev pouch buttons don't extend down nearly that far...

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed, but they were narrow (actually one pouch is two together) and they had the angled cuts on the snap flap.

Just looked like it would feel right as far as using for my costume since I couldn't find anything else that looked even close.

Filp through ebay too. I have been looking there for the other types you talked about. Just search "Leather Ammo", "Ammo Belt", or "Ammo Pouch" They look like some I have seen before, maybe a while back though. Good luck.

At second look. It might be a hand gun holster. Seems to have the shape of it anyway. If you took a left hip and a right hip holster for the same gun and put them next to each other it wold look like that.

At second look. It might be a hand gun holster. Seems to have the shape of it anyway. If you took a left hip and a right hip holster for the same gun and put them next to each other it wold look like that.

I don't think so. I've seen other shots of this particular shot where the robe is more open and they are small rectangular pouches... If I remember, it looked like 6 all together.

Thanks for the input! And I have SCOURED ebay with all of those key search words... nothing yet.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back