My Ironman MK VI Foam Build update 18/9/2012 First Ever Suit Up and Outing

Demolition

Hi guys started work on my ironman foam build tonight ,Ive made helmets before using pepakura and resin and fibre glass and bondo and it just takes for ever, All that cutting folding and glueing so thought i would have ago at foam, There was some camping mat going for only £1 at work so i grabbed a dozen and got to work.

Just done shoulders and biceps so far do see what you think im happy with them.

(also i have a good tip for foam build if both sides are a mirror image just cut out the pep template for one side and just turn pattern over to get the other save time cutting and paper :D )

IMG_0086.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My Ironman Mark 6 Foam Build

i believe there your patterns thankyou very much made my life a hell of alot easier i got them from the 405th fourm i think

i believe there your patterns thankyou very much made my life a hell of alot easier i got them from the 405th fourm i think

Yes those are mine :D
I love to see people who use them and post the progress on a forum.
If you've got suggestions or question related with the patterns just PM me ;) Or message me in one of my threads.

Good luck.

Yes those are mine :D
I love to see people who use them and post the progress on a forum.
If you've got suggestions or question related with the patterns just PM me ;) Or message me in one of my threads.

Good luck.

cool thanks man i might take you up on that offer as i might have to re size the torso as i have alot more girth to cover lol

i dont supose you have a foam helmet file do you ive made one but still dosent seem as simple as some others ive seen around

cool thanks man i might take you up on that offer as i might have to re size the torso as i have alot more girth to cover lol

i dont supose you have a foam helmet file do you ive made one but still dosent seem as simple as some others ive seen around

I said this before somewhere, I know there's an ideal iron man helmet pep file around. I've downloaded it a few weeks ago but for one strange reason can't I find it (maybe I just clicked open and not save as). But it was a brilliant LD helmet, already formed to use for foam building.
Google it, scan all the forums and if you find it, pm me with the link and I'll put it into my folder ;).
And the helmet in my folder is not made by me ;). I've another 'style' of unfolding ;p.

I said this before somewhere, I know there's an ideal iron man helmet pep file around. I've downloaded it a few weeks ago but for one strange reason can't I find it (maybe I just clicked open and not save as). But it was a brilliant LD helmet, already formed to use for foam building.
Google it, scan all the forums and if you find it, pm me with the link and I'll put it into my folder ;).
And the helmet in my folder is not made by me ;). I've another 'style' of unfolding ;p.

these are the helmet files ive been playing around with see what you think for some reason it wont let me send pm's on here

Foam Helmet files.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

just an update finished a forearm tonight so heres some more pics
smile.png

b49c40a3.jpg

3c72ac31.jpg

cd0cdc7a.jpg

5633c863.jpg

and me wearing helmet hehe
biggrin.png

6cf0155b.jpg

Attached the bicep to the tricep tonight works really well helps it stay together better and easier to wear just need to find a way to keep the shoulder on now heres some pics for update

ac8e2234.jpg

d63c544f.jpg

2fbe28cc.jpg

06a5fc63.jpg

ok another quick update thats both complete arms done and helmet and only used 1 and a half mats so total cost about £1.50 so far lol
so let me know what you think

2e4eb5e9.jpg

A quick question.
Do you've problems with melting foam? When glueing it with a hot glue gun?

a little update got chest piece done today looks good tried to get a pic all together but i really could do with a dummy .
ok let me know what you think

2aea0ca4.jpg

81dbde6f.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back