Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire

I don't think this is going to happen anymore. Weather.com says 90% rain/snow mix with a high of only 38F. Next year maybe....

I don't think this is going to happen anymore. Weather.com says 90% rain/snow mix with a high of only 38F. Next year maybe....

5 to 8 inches of snow mentioned! :eek

I've already mentioned to Terra, but I'm good for Sunday if we need/want to change the date.

EDIT:
After checking 3 different weather sites (Weather.com, Wunderground.com, and Accuweather.com), and seeing the forecasts (all including multiple inches of snow)...

I officially make a motion that we postpone until Sunday, where the forecast calls for highs in the mid to upper 40s and sunshine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, you guys have no choice but to postpone the day til Sunday because the Ren Faire just posted on their Facebook page that they are officially closed tomorrow because of the weather.

5 to 8 inches of snow mentioned! :eek

I've already mentioned to Terra, but I'm good for Sunday if we need/want to change the date.

EDIT:
After checking 3 different weather sites (Weather.com, Wunderground.com, and Accuweather.com), and seeing the forecasts (all including multiple inches of snow)...

I officially make a motion that we postpone until Sunday, where the forecast calls for highs in the mid to upper 40s and sunshine.

Moonfall and I have to work on Sunday. But I hope things clear up and you guys have a great time!

Actually, you guys have no choice but to postpone the day til Sunday because the Ren Faire just posted on their Facebook page that they are officially closed tomorrow because of the weather.

That solves that then. :lol

Yeah it seems it does. That’s sad. We lose Heather as well on Sunday I think. I’ll see what I can do about changing my plans on Sunday (nothing major) to make the switch to Ren Faire then.

Yes, and (with the help of a fellow Tennant costumer who hooked me up with a piece of a pair of pants he found) yes.

Very nice, really looking forward to my new suits, hope it’s not a long wait now.

So in light of the Ren Faire closure, does anyone know of any other events or have any ideas to keep this meet up alive? Non outdoor events obviously. I'm happy to try a future date but since we all booked the day tomorrow I figured it couldn't hurt to come up with an alternative plan if possible.

So in light of the Ren Faire closure, does anyone know of any other events or have any ideas to keep this meet up alive? Non outdoor events obviously. I'm happy to try a future date but since we all booked the day tomorrow I figured it couldn't hurt to come up with an alternative plan if possible.

Sunday for sure.
I'm totally down to coordinate with you guys and moon to come up with any other place to geek out in cosplay.
Gettysburgh would be a fun trip, even a day at the Philly art Museum.
I'm down for almost anything.

Well then I say for sure the three of us can make it sunday it seems (Bootlegger, me and you) and then we'll all brainstorm for events that we can try and get the group back together for. Where have all the conventions gone?

I'm good for either day.

Of course, I'd prefer if we could get together Saturday for something because it means moonfall and icyis will be able to join us. We'd just have to find something to do out of the weather. I'm open to suggestions.

Sunday means I can give the whole day over to the Faire - if Saturday swings, I would have to bail early - but I would also like to have moonfall and icyis there.
We will definitely have to arrange for another day where we can ALL meet up.
But as it stands now, Sunday works out good because there are going to be a group of Jedi cosplayers there to keep us company.

I have one fly in the ointment for sunday for me. My work schedule changed Monday which means I switched our podcast recording to sunday and with my friends being in the UK we usually record at 10am which means I wouldn't make the faire till 12 at least.

I'm not able to do anything tomorrow now. We pulled my puppy out of camp tomorrow because of the plans being cancelled for the faire so I'm staying home with her because she can't be alone for more than 5 hours straight and there's no one else that's going to be home tomorrow. So, I'm out. sorry. Have fun though!

Given the weather predictions, I'm really not willing to try to drive in it anyway. But I would happily try to meet up for a different gathering at another time, work schedules permitting.

I'm not able to do anything tomorrow now. We pulled my puppy out of camp tomorrow because of the plans being cancelled for the faire so I'm staying home with her because she can't be alone for more than 5 hours straight and there's no one else that's going to be home tomorrow. So, I'm out. sorry. Have fun though!

Given the weather predictions, I'm really not willing to try to drive in it anyway. But I would happily try to meet up for a different gathering at another time, work schedules permitting.

Very understandable on both counts.

It's a shame the weather is playing havoc with this gathering. I'm gutted, as I was really looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow. :angry

However, it was only the first planned meeting, and it certainly won't be the last. Terra and I have been batting ideas back and forth, and we'll most definitely let everyone know what we have in mind. And of course if anyone has ideas, please feel free to share. :thumbsup

Absolutely, no way are we giving up on getting this group together some day soon. It is pretty unbelievable for this time of year to have a storm like this on a WHO DAY! :(

I went with the Cosplaysky one in wool. It's not 100% accurate, but I've got no complaints.

Hello,

I have been checking out their version of the coat and for the price have been tempted
As I keep telling myself I need a new coat this winter.:rolleyes What is your opinion of it as a regular day to day item of clothing? A review would be great be for I take the plunge and order one. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back