Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire

Yes, good point, you will have it worse than me in the cold. Sorry. But Risu is right about treating the leather, that said, I still feel the same as you. It's that leather paranoia that goes with owning a nice jacket. I have a Sam Tyler Jacket from Life on Mars and I love the things to death but do watch for the rain. Just because of what it cost me and the fact that i want it to last me years and years.

Good news for me, my leather elbow patches came in the mail so the costume designer at my job should have ample time to get them sewn on my tweed.
Good thing too - I would hate to geek it out with you folks wearing an 11th coat without elbow patches.

Good news for me, my leather elbow patches came in the mail so the costume designer at my job should have ample time to get them sewn on my tweed.
Good thing too - I would hate to geek it out with you folks wearing an 11th coat without elbow patches.

Where'd you end up getting the patches from? I've got two jackets that need 'em and haven't seen any in stores that I've been happy with.

There's nothing wrong with wearing leather in the rain, so long as you've applied the right stuff to it.

however i have not because I am so paranoid about that jacket. I think it's the only Amy costume piece I don't typically wear in real life, though that's probably because it doesn't really match my clothes typically. I'll watch the weather and then decide. I'm between that and Night Terrors which is going to be a lot colder but it does have a scarf.

Actually, I'd be much, MUCH more worried about wearing my tweed in the rain than any leather jacket. I've worn my Indy jacket through rain storms and even thrown it in the dryer and it still looks way newer than it should.

Frosty, if you showed up with no elbow patches I don't think I would have even spoke to you ;)

Moon I'm with you, although I do wear my leather jacket in real life, just pretty paranoid about the weather conditions. Although did have one for years that went through rain, snow and ice storms and that thing never looked bad.

Risu I had wondered about the tweed and rain, is that the sort of thing that will shrink?

And Punchbuggyblues, I still say you need to ditch your plans and join us ;) (Kidding, I know you can't but we'll have to try another meet up for sure). Risu you're welcome to come to, California is just a 45 minute drive to Mannheim PA right? ;)

Still trying to figure out if I'm going on Saturday. My husband is now being sent on a work trip so I'm sorting out if I'm carpooling with Moonfall's group or just driving on my own.

I don't have a Doctor Who costume. Sorry!

Where'd you end up getting the patches from? I've got two jackets that need 'em and haven't seen any in stores that I've been happy with.

I had to order mine online, which I hate to do not just because of the wait but also because I can't see and feel the product in my hand before I purchase.
They look pretty good to me so I'm happy.

And Punchbuggyblues, I still say you need to ditch your plans and join us ;) (Kidding, I know you can't but we'll have to try another meet up for sure).

Next time. I'm already flaking out on going to the Baltimore Zoo's Halloween festivities on Sunday so I think our weekend plans are pretty mch set at this point.

And there is one Eleventh Doctor costume that doesn't require elbow patches:

View attachment 72170

Still trying to figure out if I'm going on Saturday. My husband is now being sent on a work trip so I'm sorting out if I'm carpooling with Moonfall's group or just driving on my own.

I don't have a Doctor Who costume. Sorry!

That's ok, we'll just make you pay the "No Costume Tax" and you'll be fine ;) Seriously I'll just be glad to meet more people from the boards, so don't worry we won't be counting costumes :)

That's ok, we'll just make you pay the "No Costume Tax" and you'll be fine ;) Seriously I'll just be glad to meet more people from the boards, so don't worry we won't be counting costumes :)

We need a Rory. Just get Nurse scrubs or something. You might be able to get a Centurian costume at a costume store - that would be cool too.

Well I do have a costume but its an Elizabethan dress...you know, something that actually fits in at the faire. Unlike you guys. :lol

I went with the Cosplaysky one in wool. It's not 100% accurate, but I've got no complaints.

No complaints is all that matters really. So long as it looks the part and makes you happy then you're good to go. My one complaint on my suit for saturday is tat I dry cleaned it and had it pressed. Oops, wrong look. Still it's proper suit fabric so I wear it as a real suit. When my new ones come in they'll be in the more exacting to the show fabric and get more casual wear I am sure.

Well I do have a costume but its an Elizabethan dress...you know, something that actually fits in at the faire. Unlike you guys. :lol

Well that's perfect then, there's nothing wrong with that... wait, what do you mean we won't fit in at the Faire? We fit in anywhere, or not, but we go anywhere, I mean we have a big blue box for that!

If it were in Lancaster, CA I'd totally be there. I could even visit my parents while I'm at it.

Yea, tweed would (I'm pretty sure) get really coarse and shrink a bit if it got wet.

Frosty, if you showed up with no elbow patches I don't think I would have even spoke to you ;)

Moon I'm with you, although I do wear my leather jacket in real life, just pretty paranoid about the weather conditions. Although did have one for years that went through rain, snow and ice storms and that thing never looked bad.

Risu I had wondered about the tweed and rain, is that the sort of thing that will shrink?

And Punchbuggyblues, I still say you need to ditch your plans and join us ;) (Kidding, I know you can't but we'll have to try another meet up for sure). Risu you're welcome to come to, California is just a 45 minute drive to Mannheim PA right? ;)

@Risu - can I be amused that you're from Long Beach? I was born in the Beach Cities, so not too far away. Lived in Redondo Beach. Don't usually run across people from that area often.

I had an ex that lived in Redondo Beach. Classier place than here.

Btw, we briefly met at Gally last year, you got some pictures of me in my Tennant costume. I think I tried to contact you about getting copies, but can't remember if I got hold of you. Any chance you've still got them?

Moonfall and I are going to carpool since we live closer to each other. We'll skip the breakfast and go straight to the Faire since the turnpike is a lot easier for us than driving on Rt 30.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back