Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire

I'm not opposed to moving the time closer to 9:30ish. Considering that it looks like Lancaster is 30 minutes or so from the Faire, it might not be a bad idea.

I had a thought today:
It might work against us to meet up for breakfast before the Faire.
The reason being is time.
I would venture to guess that we would kill a lot of precious time wherever we meet up. Let's face it, we are going to have a LOT to talk about and share with one another.
We may not make it out of the restaraunt until 10:30 or even 11:00 which means we won't be at the Faire until, worst case, 11:45 or noon.
That now gives us a shorter amount of time to spend together.
My suggestion would be to just meet up at the Fair at opening and enjoy a hearty lunch together there.
This would also rid us of the hassle of meeting up beforehand - which Murphy's Law would have some people being late, or not finding the spot and/or us not getting on the road until late.
Id like to maximize our time at the Faire especially since I haven't gotten any official word yet from work if I can skip out on dinner service.

I had a thought today:
It might work against us to meet up for breakfast before the Faire.
The reason being is time.
I would venture to guess that we would kill a lot of precious time wherever we meet up. Let's face it, we are going to have a LOT to talk about and share with one another.
We may not make it out of the restaraunt until 10:30 or even 11:00 which means we won't be at the Faire until, worst case, 11:45 or noon.
That now gives us a shorter amount of time to spend together.
My suggestion would be to just meet up at the Fair at opening and enjoy a hearty lunch together there.
This would also rid us of the hassle of meeting up beforehand - which Murphy's Law would have some people being late, or not finding the spot and/or us not getting on the road until late.
Id like to maximize our time at the Faire especially since I haven't gotten any official word yet from work if I can skip out on dinner service.

I'm ok with this idea too. Like Jack, I can go either way (on this topic, anyway :lol). And yes...I AM the captain of the innuendo squad. :)

However, the reason I suggested meeting early over breakfast was simply the fact that the Faire doesn't open until 11. So if we take away the 9:30/10:00 meet, we lose 1 to 1.5 hours of time to talk and get acquainted...out of "character." Know what I mean?

Plus, as you mentioned, if we plan to meet at opening, Murphy's Law would still dictate that someone will be late wouldn't it? :rolleyes

Well, we still have a little time to decide what is best for everyone. I could swing either way (with the meetup I mean....) but I am most concerned with preserving time.

That was completely unintentional haha.
Look, either way I plan on geeking out with you guys. I really don't know many people to go cosplaying with so it's going to be a good experience for me.
If it pans out well, I could see us forming a fun troupe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will totally be there preserving time! It's my job and when I say 'my' I mean me and Frosty ;) but I/we usually have a friend with us when we save the day and who better than Jack and Amy (no pressure Moon!).

Thing is guys I too could go with either plan, in fact I already did when I looked like me, but I saw my future and I know I changed. I now look like Frosty, so as i said fact is he, or me, has already lived this day. Maybe I, or I as him, should tell us what option we chose ;)

I will totally be there preserving time! It's my job and when I say 'my' I mean me and Frosty ;) but I/we usually have a friend with us when we save the day and who better than Jack and Amy (no pressure Moon!).

Thing is guys I too could go with either plan, in fact I already did when I looked like me, but I saw my future and I know I changed. I now look like Frosty, so as i said fact is he, or me, has already lived this day. Maybe I, or I as him, should tell us what option we chose ;)

Spoilers!
If the faire does not open until 11, we could meet on 30 @ Bob Evans or Waffle House - and HOPE everyone can be on TIME. Id like to make it out of there by 10:30.
Lets just make that the plan, or everyone is going to be replying "Im down with anything, it works for me" so I think we need someone to say "THIS is what is going down"

Spoilers!
If the faire does not open until 11, we could meet on 30 @ Bob Evans or Waffle House - and HOPE everyone can be on TIME. Id like to make it out of there by 10:30.
Lets just make that the plan, or everyone is going to be replying "Im down with anything, it works for me" so I think we need someone to say "THIS is what is going down"

I'm down with anything, it works for me. :lol

Bob Evans on 30 in Lancaster it is! Figure meet at 9:30? Gives us an hour to eat...which should be more than enough time, right?

Now, I hate to bring everyone down, but as of now, one long range weather forecast says a 60% chance of showers next Saturday. I hope that will change for the better, but we'll have to keep an eye on it.

Im showing up early to get us our table so we won't have to wait just in case it is busy.
I need to know how many of us are meeting.
Rain would really suck so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Im showing up early to get us our table so we won't have to wait just in case it is busy.
I need to know how many of us are meeting.
Rain would really suck so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

At least 3 of us (you, me and Terra). I'll be there probably before 9:30. I'm usually early for everything because I hate being late...especially for things I'm looking forward to.

I'm going to assume Moonfall will not be joining us simply based on the fact that she's riding with others. I hope I'm wrong on that, though. It would be great if they all joined us.

"Ahem...table for 20. Oh...and separate checks, please." :lol

I group breakfast would be cool but the three of us should have plenty to say on our own as well I'm sure. If Moon and Co can make, all the better.

I'll more than likely be early as well, I generally am myself. May have a few factors proving me wrong this time but we'll see.

At least you guys are going to show up wearing clothing that won't attract too much attention. As soon as I walk into the restaraunt, I'm sure people will be thinking "Look at this clown wearing a bow tie" - to which my reply would be "bow ties are cool"

You know I hadn't thought of that, it seemed to me that all the new Doctors just had clothes that could work in the real world but yeah now ties still get looks on younger guys. However unless the know Who they will just think you have a 'look' that you like.

I doubt a bow tie will draw serious attention. A fez...now THAT will draw attention! :)

Updated forecast...high of 54, and partly cloudy! Only a 20% chance of rain. :cheers

As a backup plan I do know that there will be an "Annual Jedi Invasion" on the 30th, so a bunch of fanboys and fangirls are going to be showing up in their Star Wars costumes. That would be a fun day to go as well.

Starting to wonder about the rain Saturday and decided I should check and see who is up for this idea as a rain date, crashing as Who characters I assume.

Starting to wonder about the rain Saturday and decided I should check and see who is up for this idea as a rain date, crashing as Who characters I assume.

Not sure that I'm able to go on Sunday...depends on the wife's work schedule.

However, I don't think it will be necessary.

Just checked another 2 weather sites...all saying the same thing, upper 40s to low 50s for highs, and 20% or less chance of rain. Of course, that can change...but I think we'll be fine.

Uhh you're not the one in the miniskirt! o_O I might have to go with Pandorica Opens just because it's warm (woo pants scarf and gloves!), though if it rains I can't wear that one because it's leather. ugh. AMY WHY YOU DRESS FOR RIO

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back