Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire

Just came across this pic...and it seems somehow appropriate... :lol

demotivational-posters-untitled.jpg

Oh this is killer, I have to be somewhere at 8pm on the 29th dressed as the Doctor, so everyone is planning morning/afternoon then maybe I can cut out by 6:30pm to get where i need to be. In which case I am in!

So what time is everyone thinking? Love this idea.

I will be there most of the day with a bunch of people in Merlin costumes (and people in others too.. but lots of Merlin stuff), and most of the villagers/cast know me by this point (Like i said, they found me on FB), so just ask for Amy Pond and they will probably help you find me XD

I figured some of then had to have, they ALL know who we were! Which was just cool in itself. Some people thinking Doctor Who is little known here but it's really not. You just need to know where to look or have it find you when least expected.

I just got a heads up on this little Doctor Who meet-up at the faire on the 29th.
I am down to join in wearing my 11th costume. I'm told Moonfall needs an 11th to tag along with.
I can make it BUT I have to be at work by 4pm up in Paradise, Lancaster County - so I would need to split by 3, so I'd like to meet up early, possibly close to opening.
As a backup plan I do know that there will be an "Annual Jedi Invasion" on the 30th, so a bunch of fanboys and fangirls are going to be showing up in their Star Wars costumes. That would be a fun day to go as well.
Moonfall, hit me up and let me know for sure you are going. I am DYING to get pics taken of me with an Amy cosplayer.
11thDoctor.jpg

This is turing out brilliantly! Nice to have you on board Frosty. I have to split early too, though maybe later than you, so no worries. Bootlegger137 and I were planing on opening time as well.

This is turing out brilliantly! Nice to have you on board Frosty. I have to split early too, though maybe later than you, so no worries. Bootlegger137 and I were planing on opening time as well.

I just sent Bootlegger a message about this. I usually have to wait tables before I go up on stage and act in the show, so I am hoping to ask my manager if I can skip out on my wait staff duties so I can stay at the Faire a little longer - 6pm at most.
Even if I can't, still count me in. I've been dying to debut this costume out in public and can think of no better place to start than the Ren Faire.

I just sent Bootlegger a message about this. I usually have to wait tables before I go up on stage and act in the show, so I am hoping to ask my manager if I can skip out on my wait staff duties so I can stay at the Faire a little longer - 6pm at most.
Even if I can't, still count me in. I've been dying to debut this costume out in public and can think of no better place to start than the Ren Faire.

I think the question on everyone's mind will be...

Will he wear a fez or a Stetson? :lol

Damn. I was just up near the Faire last weekend, but we were in Hershey for the half marathon so i ended up taking the kids around Hershey Park dressed as Eleven.

On the 29th we'll be down at the Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy Center for Air & Scare. Almost done with the costume. Have the Stetson. Have a mock-up of "Knitting for Girls." Green coat is somewhere in Kentucky...

Stetson, fez, stetson, fez.... tough call. Frosty what ever time you can spend would be fun I'm sure.

Punchbuggyblues, you realize you have to change your plans now don't you ;)

My plans are now up in the air because I just got a new job, but since it starts this week maybe i can avoid saturday. I hope. And my friends will be in costume too, though they will most likely be in merlin characters, though I MAY have a River Song as well. Not sure. trying to convince her to do River instead of a Merlin cosplay.

My plans are now up in the air because I just got a new job, but since it starts this week maybe i can avoid saturday. I hope. And my friends will be in costume too, though they will most likely be in merlin characters, though I MAY have a River Song as well. Not sure. trying to convince her to do River instead of a Merlin cosplay.

Moonfall...jobs/family always come first. If you cannot make it, it's not like it'll be the last time ever (well...the world is supposed to end today, so maybe none of us will make it :rolleyes). Terra and I have been putting a list together of possible things we can do as a "Time Travelers Group" including Cons, Faires, etc.

Right now I'm sweating the arrival of my coat. It's due Wednesday the 26th according to UPS, but still has to go through customs. And, I still need to swap the buttons/braid before Saturday...and praying the sizing is correct. :wacko

Tell your friend that River > Merlin every day of the week, and twice on Saturdays (since we're meeting up on a Saturday). :)

I know Lancaster pretty well, so I would think something on 30 near the outlets would be best, but I would suggest an early meet-up.
There is a Waffel House and a Bob Evans for diners, and a Cracker Barrel.

I know Lancaster pretty well, so I would think something on 30 near the outlets would be best, but I would suggest an early meet-up.
There is a Waffel House and a Bob Evans for diners, and a Cracker Barrel.

I'm not opposed to moving the time closer to 9:30ish. Considering that it looks like Lancaster is 30 minutes or so from the Faire, it might not be a bad idea.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back