Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire

I used to occasionally attend the Ren Faire that was held each year back in the day in the San Francisco Bay Area. This was when I was in high school...um, (mumbles a number under his breath) years ago. I wish I had thought of going as The Doctor (would have been the 4th Doctor in those days). What a brilliant idea!

And I love the suggestion made in this thread of having a time travelers faire. That could be quite interesting.

@ Crossfield, did you mean me?

@ CAndrewNelson, it is a fun idea isn't it? It's really fun to see what a bunch of fans can come up with when chatting. The good news is if we wait till the months suggested there is plenty of time of fans like yourself to plan a trip to the east coast!

@Terrasolo...another option could be Washington DC. Might capture some from VA and more from MD than G'Burg. Just a random thought.

We should try to meet-up at Wizard World in Philly in June as well.

I'm up for any good ideas for locations to be honest. So whatever the most people agree on works for me.

I did go to Wizard World this year, as Punchbuggyblues pointed out, and had a great time however I didn't go in my gear (mainly because I went with my friend, who went to the Ren Faire as Rose, and she went as a Fem 10) But I would go back next year for sure, so I'd be up for a meet-up for sure.

I am thinking about the New York Comic Con next month as well.

Anywhere historical would be good - DC sounds great. So does Philadelphia. There's also Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond, VA - there are Weeping Angels there for the Doctor Who contingent.

I'd also vote for one of the cooler months.

This is the first year in a while that I'm not going to be able to make the New York Comic Con. Only spotted a few Doctors and Amy/Roses last year, but based on Wizard World Philly and the Baltimore Comic Cons this year that number will have increased exponentially.

My friend won't be able to join me to NY so I'd be going alone as it is, not sure about making the trip alone, but it's still on the cards. Is anyone here going?

I wouldn't mind seeing those Weeping Angels. I love that all this Who world seems like it easier to find like minded people now.

(Oh, totally unrelated, I've been a member here since 2007 and NOW after all this time, my post count is finally updating with my posts. I was on 35 posts for at least two years.)

I saw you guys at the faire and I even saw you guys in the parade!! I was going to say something but it looked like you had enough attention. Had I know you were on RPF I definitely would have said something. I was wearing a BTTF delorean shirt. I have a doc brown costume for the time traveler convention. lol

Anywhere historical would be good - DC sounds great. So does Philadelphia. There's also Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond, VA - there are Weeping Angels there for the Doctor Who contingent.

I'd also vote for one of the cooler months.

This is the first year in a while that I'm not going to be able to make the New York Comic Con. Only spotted a few Doctors and Amy/Roses last year, but based on Wizard World Philly and the Baltimore Comic Cons this year that number will have increased exponentially.

IMO, Richmond is too far to make a day of it. That might be worth an overnight trip down the road for a meet-up, but not the first time out of the gate. It's a good 5 or so hours at least from the Philly area not counting the traffic through DC (The Highway of Perpetual Construction :rolleyes ).

Philly? Eh...live just outside of it, and currently work there. I'm not saying no, but I wouldn't mind going somewhere I'm not so familiar with to do some exploring. Plus, if we meet up for Wizard World, we can do something in the city then?

As for NYCC...I might consider going out of costume to check it out either Saturday or Sunday, but I'm not entirely sure yet. It'll probably be a last minute decision based on babysitter arrangements, etc.

Terrasolo, is your overcoat a magnoli? Abbyshot? Custom?

It's a Magnoli, actually the third I had made for various reasons. Got this one 2009 I believe or early 2010. It's in his faux suede material. I love the thing. Never fails to get a compliment. The lining is the wrong color, it should be the navy blue, but I asked for black as i liked it better. It looks close enough for me to use as part of the costume that way, but I wanted this as an everyday coat as well.

@Bootlegger137 I'm feeling the same about NYCC right now. May be last minute for me too.

I saw you guys at the faire and I even saw you guys in the parade!! I was going to say something but it looked like you had enough attention. Had I know you were on RPF I definitely would have said something. I was wearing a BTTF delorean shirt. I have a doc brown costume for the time traveler convention. lol

How did I miss this post?! Sorry about that. That's awesome I'm glad to here you were there! You didn't get a pic of us in the Parade did you?

You totally have to rock the Doc Brown at the Time Traveler's Convention for sure! Well, more like a Time Traveler's Hang out. This is really such a cool idea, I'm looking forward to it.

From now on, always say hi, lesson learned ;)

It's odd because I was never really that into the Ren Faire. If someone said let's go I would say ok, but never really had a keen interest in it and more often than not we wouldn't go for one reason or another. But since this experience all i want to do is go back in costume again. Not just because of the recognition, which is always cool, but it was fun to play the Doctor for a day and the Ren Faire has some fun stuff to do. My favorite was smashing bottles and other trinkets.

I've been twice so far to the PA rennfaire as Amy Pond! Once Opening weekend and then on the Oct 2nd. It is so much fun, and since I went opening weekend they all know who I am (they've been finding me on facebook XD) so it was awesome! (Also, to the OP, they told me all about you and getting in with the physic paper. it was hilarious)

251565_10150344177915715_731470714_10126793_5231956_n.jpg

313865_10150401248735715_731470714_10562499_1396717632_n.jpg

Also, the queen and half the court are Whovians. They all started calling me "Mistress Pond" without me saying anything. And apparently two weeks ago, in one of the shows it was a cast members last day and he was trying to stick as many nerdy references as possible into his show, and he started talking about this one time when a man in a big blue box came and saved the kingdom and someone else in the cast was like "NO NO NO that never happened!!" and the queen stopped him and said "actually, that did happen" XD

This is the Ren Faire near me, and I was supposed to go that weekend, only I had to work:( I've always gotten annoyed with seeing certain costumes at the Faire(ie, Matrix), but Dr Who is a stroke of brilliance. Hope to see you there sometime.

Moonfall I saw the first pic of you online when looking up Doctor Who at the Ren Faire! It's nice to virtually meet you! I'd actually like to get back again as Tennant and if you are going again it would be nice to meet up with you :) You make a fantastic Amy.

I think that's brilliant that they told you about my psychic paper!

Moonfall I saw the first pic of you online when looking up Doctor Who at the Ren Faire! It's nice to virtually meet you! I'd actually like to get back again as Tennant and if you are going again it would be nice to meet up with you :) You make a fantastic Amy.

If I can get everything together and get the coat ordered this week, I might be able to swing a trip out the last weekend. Would be cool if we could all meet up.

If I can get everything together and get the coat ordered this week, I might be able to swing a trip out the last weekend. Would be cool if we could all meet up.

The weekend on the 29th I should be there actually! A group of my friends are planning on going so i think i'm going to go with. That would be a lot of excellent!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back