Studio Scale AT-ST under construction!

Way to go Steve :D

That's the best looking chicken leg I've seen since I had a roast dinner at my mom's last month.. Quite a tricksy model to tackle. Very cool....

Good luck with it.

N

Awesome work there Steve. Talk about a cool SS project.
A question though, you said most of the pics out there were of the ESB version.? I thought most of them was ROTJ walkers? I would love to see a pic of the ESB one. Do they differ much from each other?

Cheers,

Steve.

ESB walkers were taller and more skinny appearing from what ive seen, longer legs for sure, like Rosanne Bar to Naomi Cambell lol.

The ESB one :
atst.jpg

Take a look at this blueprints : http://upx.primenova.com/2/sws/schem-atst.jpg
It seems to have the head of the ROTJ AT ST and the legs of the TESB one .

I agree with STEVE THE SWEDE. I think too most of the pics are ROTJ version.

Anyway great work I cant wait to see more pics .
And if it's possible, it would be fine if you can help to get some measurements of the real prop :D
Thanks .

Is the ESB prop one that just got forgotten? Its one you just dont seem to see much, like the imperial probe droid pod, never seen one, or am i just not living life to the full? Thsi does seem exciting though, tapping out holes for set screws to provide stop motion movement intrigues me.

<div class='quotetop'>(ralphee @ Sep 11 2006, 03:21 PM) [snapback]1317727[/snapback]</div>
Thsi does seem exciting though, tapping out holes for set screws to provide stop motion movement intrigues me!
[/b]

I tried it, it works well !
The thing intriguing me is the kind of stand... We can see it on the pics with Tipett, I have an other pics of it, I would like to know how it works, sorry I don't want to hijack the post lol

Last edited:
<div class='quotetop'>(STEVE THE SWEDE @ Sep 11 2006, 02:53 PM) [snapback]1317714[/snapback]</div>
Awesome work there Steve. Talk about a cool SS project.
A question though, you said most of the pics out there were of the ESB version.? I thought most of them was ROTJ walkers? I would love to see a pic of the ESB one. Do they differ much from each other?

Cheers,

Steve.
[/b]

There is a good front and side view of the empire AT-ST in the Star Wars Technical Journal that got put ou awhile ago. If someone wants a scan let me know and I'll forward.
Isel

<div class='quotetop'>(cobywan @ Sep 12 2006, 11:15 AM) [snapback]1318562[/snapback]</div>
Pattern-making is your true strength.
[/b]

Cant take full credit on this one.. will announce more later once my prop Elf finishes the AT-ST body.

As far as true strength there are a lot of folks out there with TIEs, Probes and various other kits the we have done and are currenlty doing. Ryan and myself are trying to make that a strength too.

Coby your posts always seem to motivate. Thanks bro.

Steve

You have a prop elf, can you cast him and ship? :p Seriously, the work is great and in the case of the ATST, very ambitious indeed, takes some guts to take on that kind of build in studio scale IMO. Maybe in time we can get a schedule on due stuff or planned, maybe a mailing list? I know of a few kits planned, but what other projects keeps MR Neisen awake at night lol

lee

I have recieved the Upper and Lower Legs, Left and Right thighs (sounds like I went to KFC) well it is a chicken walker. I also have the feet. I will post pics tonight of all the parts. It is made so you can articualte each part if you like. Very well done. Word has it it will trip and fall into RTV real soon.

The pattern maker is finishing up the body and will try to have the head knocked out soon after. Some of you have emailled wanting to know if Tox is the pattern maker and I have to say he is not. This is a seperate AT-ST kit project.

Thanks for looking.
Steve

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back