Rubies Supreme Edition Superman costume?

TRIP3

I've been looking at buying one of these but wanted to see what the opion was on them. I know it's not the best thing out there and I'm sure other RPF members have a lot better but I'm kind of a big guy (6' 4" 275 lbs)and wouldn't look too good in all spandex ;) I'm just loooking for somthing fun.

[image]http://images.rubiesworldwide.com/images/xl/909865xl.jpg[/image]

I did a search for it on the RPF and came up with nothing, sorry if this has already been talked about.

Thanks for the input.....

-Trey

<div class='quotetop'>(Andy @ Sep 9 2006, 06:42 AM) [snapback]1316340[/snapback]</div>
It looks like some horrible giant action figure come to life. :lol
[/b]

Yea...but that's the look I wanted :D

I would love to be able to do a more true version but I'm just not built for it.

Well the classic version is always the way to go but as for the type issue goes Trip lemme tell ya if you feel comfortable in the suit it's irregardless whether or not you're the right build, it all about how you feel in the costume bro and no one else, that's the only thing that counts. :)

Plus there's all sort of ways to cheat the look or get away with it appearance wise like with a sublimation print muscle suit in lycra and maybe incorporating a more realistic non kryptonian muscle type under suit to cover only certain sections like the abdomen, chest, etc. to help balance you're frame.

There are all sorts of nifty ways to go about it.

Thanks Andy I appreciate all the ideas. I guess what I'm looking for is that over the top fantasized action hero look. At my size I need all the tricks in the book to pull this off. Don't get me wrong I'm not completely out of shape, just a bit of a belly and I thought this would be a way to kind of hid it. More so than just spandex.

Thanks again,
Trey :D

I AM STEROIDMAN..
909865xl.jpg

THAT IS RIDICULOUS.. :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly didn't think they could ever produce something more crap that the chewie or Vader, but this is room of doom :lol :lol :lol

Y'know what though... this costume would look really cool if you also gave yourself some huge super-straight super white chicklet teeth anf a huge prosthetic chin with a cleft. Maybe some super-blue contact lenses and alot of pancake makeup or something like that.
Y'know...really make it like a cartoon come to life...continue the super over-the-topness of this costume.

-Rabittooth

They made a batman version that probably used the same molds as well. I saw someone on ebay trying to sell it awhile back using pictures he had taken himself and it was horrible.

You'd never guess that the suit in person was the same suit as the studio pic.

To me it looks rediculous. But if that's the look you're going for and that's the money you're willing to spend, go ahead. Just remember it's gonna get hot.

That thing looks incredibly hot (and not in a Paris Hilton* sort of way).

*(I don't find her particularly "hot" -- I was referring to her use of the word.)

I have seen this in poerson at Halloween Haven in PA....UNLESS you are playing it for laughs stay away. It is expensive yet horribly made....and yes, people will unintentionally break out in laughter,,,,even the laymen.

Have you thought about getting a vintage three piece grey pinstripe suit off of ebay, buying a GOOD Supes t shirt and go as the running/changing Superman?

<div class='quotetop'>(propsculptor @ Sep 9 2006, 05:30 AM) [snapback]1316415[/snapback]</div>
I AM STEROIDMAN..
909865xl.jpg

THAT IS RIDICULOUS.. :lol
[/b]

Dang. There goes my funny sports/steroids related comment :( .

It really does look bad, but it is your money and you should spend it the way you choose to.

Seth

Last edited by a moderator:
Off topic, I just noticed that thing in your signature... I don't whether to laugh or feel real bad for that woman... :angry :angel ...assuming that she wasn't seriously injured.

just so that i'm still replying to the topic at hand:

:eek:

If you get that costume just tell people you are not Super-Man but a Super-Man action figure. I sure that will garner a great response.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back