Good refs on blue ray

jedimaster

Sr Member
Just got the blue ray set. I only wanted it fir the deleted scenes and prop/ model refs. The turnarounds are pretty good and I would recommend it just for those. Good refs of the concept models too. It also has close up stills and talks to the model makers themselves about the models.
Some new x- wing shots of blue leader but the turnaround is of an MPC kit which is really disappointing.

Last edited:
Could you tell me if the following are included in the turnarounds?

Escape Pod
At-St
At-At
Snowspeeder
Red 5 X
TIE Bomber
TIE Interceptor
TIE Fighter
Concept Speeder Bike

Joe

Atst- rotj
At-at
Snowspeeder
Tie fighter.

Although you do see more of the other ties as well as the x-1 and concept tie turnaround in the doco that follows. The same with the others. There are some pix of other x's in the doco but for some retarded reason they only have a really badly painted MPC for the x turnaround. After the turnarounds, before the doco they have some great close ups of the models.

I'd be very very interested in a screen cap of the Han on Taun from the SPfX doc

Sorry for the de rail XXX

what the extras are missing is a hole lot of models that they could've filmed. The sweep past of Slave 1 is a wind up at best, there's some great archive footage but its all very quick. Great to see the Rebel Transport but still not quite the detail shots they could've.

Colour chart for the Twin pod is pretty cool as well.

Last edited:
Simon, the reason is probably Red 3's broken wing. Red 2 hasn't been seen in a while, and the 4-footer is too big.

There are some pix of other x's in the doco but for some retarded reason they only have a really badly painted MPC for the x turnaround.

Good info, thanks! Hmmm, I wonder if those MPC X-Wings were actually used in the ROTJ space battle. Still, though, there are better subjects.....regardless of some wear and tear over the years!

I'm still back and forth on whether I should buy it. I don't like the changes to the movies (please I'm not looking to argue :) ) but am thinking about getting them for.the turnarounds.

I'm with Quincy....any good zoom detail?

Joe

No zooms in the turnarounds, but some detail shots. A fair bit for the concept models, X-Wing, Y-Wing and Death Star. Cantwell certainly like pill bottles and silver paint!

The ROTJ AT-ST is there and the crashed/blown-up AT-AT from the Battle of Hoth. The Snowspeeder, Tie fighter and Tie interceptor also have turnarounds. AMT X-wing was a bit weird.

Some good costume shots as well. Check out the detail on the ankle of Boussh's boot! I'd never seen that before (something from dad?? :lol)

I'm happy with mine after watching part of only one of the discs :cool

No unfortunately. A couple of things I will add though. There are some much clearer pix of the x and y's laid out on the table. And the BTS Y pyro shots being filmed are good to see in a decent quality for once.

Last edited:
Yeah - I noticed those copies of the table shots - best res we've ever had for those! Sweet.

If you look at Red 5 wing stripes in that shot they are all over the place. Nearly as bad as the second red 4 pyro with the real crappy paintwork.

No unfortunately. A couple of things I will add though. There are some much clearer pix of the x and y's laid out on the table. And the BTS Y pyro shots being filmed are good to see in a decent quality for once.

Darn! I was really hoping for some clear shots of the bottom of that beast.

Derek

It's the go mo julien and the at at turnaround is the crashed 4 ft . However ther is a little 4 min doco after each turnaround which shows stills and BTS footage of the models in action so with the at at you get to see both models. If that makes sense?

If you look at Red 5 wing stripes in that shot they are all over the place. Nearly as bad as the second red 4 pyro with the real crappy paintwork.

Is it Red 5 pyro, or hero? Red 5 hero wing stripes are pretty good, but there's never been a good shot of the pyro AFAIK, only crummy or low-res ones. (Why in heck WAS there even a Red 5 pyro? Did I dream it?!) :lol

My apologies for being behind the curve on this one, but what exactly is the title of the Blue Ray discs that were released and are being discussed here? Also, regarding the "turnarounds", are those computer generated or scanned from the actual models? Thanks

They are the bonus discs that come with the starvwars complete saga Boxed set. And the turnarounds are of the actual filming model on a turntable not cg.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back