Good refs on blue ray

There is a good shot of the red 6 Pyro. Interestingly it has a pretty large red triangle on the upper port wing. So as wellmas the canopy and fuse markings we can add the triangle as well.

Kevin watch it from the play all feature. It goes through so much more than just flicking through the collection. You can see some good x stuff outside the x section.

tie001.jpg

Would it have been so hard for them to slide that slipped port wing/strut back into place?

tie001.jpg

Would it have been so hard for them to slide that slipped port wing/strut back into place?
No, I agree. But that error makes this picture valuable because it shows which pieces were attached to the TIE strut and which were attached to the wing, at least on the ESB or ROTJ version which I think this is. Am I correct?

Last edited:
Yes, that TIE is painted in the manner of the ESB/ROTJ models. It also has the extended wing star struts.

Unless I'm mistaken, there are no ANH era standard TIE-Fighters remaining in the Archives. Whatever material was left over from the first film seems to have been refurbished for the last two.

Last edited:
Im loving these pics.I`m really enjoying my set so far.Heaps of cool stuff in there.Can anyone get screen caps of Lukes stormy armor.I would be greatly appreciative.

Ben

There is a good shot of the red 6 Pyro. Interestingly it has a pretty large red triangle on the upper port wing. So as wellmas the canopy and fuse markings we can add the triangle as well.

Simon, you mean the brick panel? You can see it is red in one of the Chronicles shots.

Gotta love how the Archive intro video focuses on a Don Post trooper helmet, and a Pepsi Anakin statue.

Thanks Roback for the pics. That sharp-nosed X is absolutely fascinating. Fills in a step between Johnson's concept art and the final models. The untrimmed Saturn V cans are interesting to see. Looks like the whole thing could be some sort of initial styrene and perspex maquette used to begin trying out how kit parts like the Sat V cans are going to look etc. ( one of the ILM model team's most interesting and not often talked about editorial processes - deciding what should be a kit part, which kit part then to use, and why, and so on...)

Colin Droidmilk;1915397[I said:
]" . . . That sharp-nosed X is absolutely fascinating. Fills in a step between Johnson's concept art and the final models... ")[/I]
Speaking of which (and I hope this is not too far off topic) was there ever a concensus reached regarding the theory that in the end the shape of the nose was based on a Snowmobile? I recall reading about that somewhere here but it did not have its own thread - it was just a sideline . . .

Regarding the AMT X-wing. Any thoughts on if this would be one of the screen used models from ROTJ?
Probably. Apparently they used a lot of MPC X-Wings in ROTJ - many with their wings in the closed position (when the fleet makes the jump to light speed and back).

Yeah look how they ruined a perfectly good ANH model. Sorry but I prefer the original.
Which model were you referring to JediMaster? The MF? Red Five (trashed)? Red Three (broken right upper wing and laser cannons)? -I almost always prefer the originals also, especilly the Falcon.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back