Good refs on blue ray

Don't worry, Simon, I think Roback'll hook us up. Just let me know about palm trees, instead.

:p :p :p :p :p hehe

Aurora, that's interesting. I have videophile friends who had to put in a fair bit of work to get screencaps. I wonder why they found it so difficult!

Have you tried it with this actual disc? Can you verify it isn't difficult?

PS Red 6 shots NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!

Please. :)

Joe, the X-wing nose is an early one which matches some of the concept art. In the end they obviously felt the same way as you about it. :D

Yes, thank you very, very much for those pictures JediMaster - you rock dude! :thumbsup

And I second Nwerke's request for more X-Wing pictures, especially Red 6 or whatever is available - - please.

That shot of the unfinished armature (number -007) is very interesting, as is the early nose, which makes the ship look more like a Buck Rogers concept.

Thanks again . . . :lol

Last edited:
really isnt that hard just use what i mentioned an capture screen. Even with the all the protection on stuff you usually can get around it.

Aurora, I have had advice that this definitely will not work and you actually need to do things that I had probably better not talk about here, since Hollywood is vigilant.

Vince!! Hallo! Where ya been?!

Huh? Simon has only posted pictures of words. ;p (Yes yes I know, Simon, Dalek slats, yadda yadda..soon! soon!!)

Roback posted the pics. (Thanks Roback, awesome.) Go check out his amazing X-wing kit if you haven't already done so.

The Falcon nose mount is amazing! I wonder what the thinking was there...they *could* have fitted a conventional one in between the jaws, I reckon. Was there ever an intent to build a cargo barge for the Falcon? If so, those mandible mounting points would let you fit it up to the model physically. Just thinking out loud here.

Vince!! Hallo! Where ya been?!

Huh? Simon has only posted pictures of words. ;p (Yes yes I know, Simon, Dalek slats, yadda yadda..soon! soon!!)

Roback posted the pics. (Thanks Roback, awesome.) Go check out his amazing X-wing kit if you haven't already done so.

The Falcon nose mount is amazing! I wonder what the thinking was there...they *could* have fitted a conventional one in between the jaws, I reckon. Was there ever an intent to build a cargo barge for the Falcon? If so, those mandible mounting points would let you fit it up to the model physically. Just thinking out loud here.

Id say the easy explanation for the nose mount is, you can rotate/roll the model on its rig, rather than inside the model is all. Maybe the rig spins on bearings to take the load and have a smooth safe action?

lee

lee

Good to be back Nwerke, thank you!

The shot of Blue Leader/Red 2's butt plate appeared in Lorne Peterson's book, it was a large print, but it was severely cropped. Now we get to see more, and a new top view!

I guess I will be buying this BluRay set after all . . . .

Thanks again for the pictures and can't wait to see more. "We are not worthy" (or are we)?

Don't worry, Simon, I think Roback'll hook us up. Just let me know about palm trees, instead.

:p :p :p :p :p hehe

Aurora, that's interesting. I have videophile friends who had to put in a fair bit of work to get screencaps. I wonder why they found it so difficult!

Have you tried it with this actual disc? Can you verify it isn't difficult?

One way of taking screenshots involves basically extracting the whole video to frames and then choosing shots from that, it's kind of complicated and takes a while (especially if you're doing a whole movie).

But you can also take screenshots by installing the latest version of AnyDVD HD, then open the actual video file off the disc in PowerDVD and you should be able to play it and take screenshots. It depends on how updated PowerDVD is though for the copy protection.

That's the problem area, DV107. This set has the latest and greatest, apparently.

Simon!! Where are you? Stop teasing us! :p :p

Nice screencaps Roback! :thumbsup

Sadly I can confirm that it is NOT as easy as playing the desired BD on your computer, and pressing 'Print Screen' at the desired moment :(
Try it, it simply doesn't work...:unsure

I have, however, searched 'Blu Ray screencap' on Google, and after a long-weekend spent reading online tutorials, and downloading software (mostly free or trial versions :p)... I have managed to capture full 1080p screencaps from the Star Wars blu rays! :thumbsup
Granted, I had several migraines along the way... have invented a few new swear words in the process, and my eyeballs are on the verge of bleeding, but.... perservation is the key to success!

Please don't bombard me with PMs or emails asking 'how to' without trying it first yourself please? If you are genuinely stuck after a day or two, then by all means post a message requesting help, and hopefully myself or someone else with eye-bags fit for a round-the-world luggage allowance!

I have to agree, that the extras on this SW box set contains some absolutely astounding reference-quality pics. And I'm not that easily-impressed having a full bookshelf groaning under the weight of all the Star Wars reference titles such as SW Chronicles, The Lucasfilm Archives, Visual Dictionary etc. etc.
Allow me to post one of my favourites (so far!) :)

Star_Destroyer_ESB_Bridge.jpg

Soz for the massive images, but I s'pose that's the whole point of High Definition imagery... you just don't get the same amount of detail on a postage stamp-sized image! :lol

Here are a few more screencaps featuring the beautiful 8-foot Studio Scale Imperial Star Destroyer model from TESB:
Full Size 1080p Screencaps (Ranging from 247KB to 388KB)

http://www.manicminer.plus.com/Star_Destroyer_ESB_Engines.jpg
http://www.manicminer.plus.com/Star_Destroyer_ESB.jpg
http://www.manicminer.plus.com/Star_Destroyer_ESB_B.jpg
http://www.manicminer.plus.com/Star_Destroyer_ESB_C.jpg
http://www.manicminer.plus.com/Star_Destroyer_ESB_Bluescreen_Filming.jpg
http://www.manicminer.plus.com/Star_Destroyer_ESB_Bridge.jpg
http://www.manicminer.plus.com/Star_Destroyer_ESB_Bridge_Shield_Generators.jpg
http://www.manicminer.plus.com/Star_Destroyer_ESB_internal_braces.jpg

Gotta love High Definition, eh?! :love

Cheers,
John
john@manicminer.plus.com

That's the problem area, DV107. This set has the latest and greatest, apparently.

Simon!! Where are you? Stop teasing us! :p :p

I tested it already--there was an update for AnyDVD HD sometime this month, otherwise PowerDVD isn't able to play the video files directly. I was easily able to take screenshots with it. And I would imagine that as long as I don't update PowerDVD then it should work fine until I get a Blu-Ray that needs an update.

Also as a hint--I had to install AnyDVD HD anyways to be able to play 3D Blu-Rays correctly on the PC, otherwise it wouldn't play in 3D.

Yes, thanks to everyone posting these pics. They're great!

Do me a big favor though and please do not post pics of the craptacular background AMT X-Wing that they used for the turnaround/closeups. I bought this set hoping for some decent new X-Wing reference, and while there are a couple new construction shots that are really cool, that AMT model is complete dogsh!t! My ten year-old next-door neighbor did a way nicer build up of that model in 1978, and he had an extra chromosome.

So, why did they choose such a sh!tty model to represent such an iconic part of the Star Wars universe? So disappointed...

Thanks for the heads up Beaz. As a long-time authority on the SS X-Wings (I admire your work), and BlueRay owner, can you tell me if there are any new pictures that we haven't seen before of the T-65's, particularly the rarely photographed ones, such as Red 4, 6, 12, etc? I have a Salzo V3.1 that I'd like to build as something way different, but as you know, research materials on those are very scarce. Monsieur Tox built a very nice Red 4, and I'd like to try something different as well, for variety's sake, so I'm always searching for new references . . .

Also, any new Y-Wing pictures?

P.S. - I share your pain regarding the MPC turnaround - it's practically insulting.

Last edited:
So guys, i have to ask, is there NOTHING new in regards to TESB? No Probe droid once more, Ion cannon etc etc?
Seems the Probe gets passed over on every publication or release since Chronicles :thumbsdown.

Here you on the X wing though Kevin, though ive not seen the BR pics, you have to think, why bother.......oh well, maybe on the next edition box set that WILL follow in about 5 or 6 years :lol.

lee

Thanks guys.

So far I've only had the time to go through some of the ANH collection stuff and one pass through the Archives. Might have some time this weekend to go through all the bonus discs end to end, trolling for more X-Wing goodies, even if it means holding my nose and going through that crappy MPC X-Wing turnaround one more time.

So sad... :(

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back