Good refs on blue ray

Thanks for bringing me up to speed. Now I know what all the fuss is about.

Wow, that sounds great!

It must look really nice in Blu Ray. I'm guessing the turnarounds are High Definition and shot fairly close?

It's the go mo julien and the at at turnaround is the crashed 4 ft . However ther is a little 4 min doco after each turnaround which shows stills and BTS footage of the models in action so with the at at you get to see both models. If that makes sense?

Thanks for the info S ! Too bad it's not the stopmo AT-AT, but that's good that's the gomo AT-ST !

I'll post some pix of all the models tonight. ... If you don't hear from me after that.... Call the president. Tell the navy seals to look on level 25 beneath the skywalker ranch. I'll be in cell block 1138 with the guys that leaked the deleted scenes.

If I find them I'll smugle them out up my arse. Then I'll release them to everyone. But please dont blame me for the s#@t quality he he heee..

. . . There are some much clearer pix of the x and y's laid out on the table. And the BTS Y pyro shots being filmed are good to see in a decent quality for once.
Now that is something that I'd like to see . . .

And the mystery of the possible existence of a Red 5 pyro continues . . .

(Perhaps it was made for the scene where Luke gets hit, and they originally tried a miniature explosion but it didn't look good, like many of the other shots which were discarded.)

You mentioned a few shots of Blue Leader - that sounds interesting as well.

Do they show any pictures or footage of X-Wings not previously seen in "A New Hope"? Or with markings that are not common or familiar?

The extras of the turnarounds, concept models and interviews with the model makers are really making this great to me. I just got mine today and see some detail shots and others of the models that I've never seen (or maybe never noticed) before. Too bad there aren't complete detail views. The bottom of the rebel transport even gets a close up pan in the video portion. I either missed the slave or it isn't in there...bummer.

Overall I'm loving that there's a lot of extras that make this hopefully the last time I'd ever buy the same-ish Star Wars movies.

The OT stuff is pretty good--but I'm really disappointed by the PT stuff. Most of it is concept models, which of course are useless. And it's kind of weird which things they chose. They should have done a lot more turnarounds.

Ok so just rewatched it with the play all feature and there is a walk through of the archives with great pix of all the models costumes on the shelves etc. Great pic of slave one , ROTJ deathstar , r2 , masks, helmets , models, SD, at at , pretty much everything and you can pause this perfectly. For this alone the box set is totally worth it.

Ok o. The shelves in the archives there are a bunch of Mpc x wings and an MpC falcon. Also a shot of Red 5 hero on a bench at the time of ROTJ..... Interesting.

Ahh no, this is bluray, not DVD. But no amount of copy protection and screen capture disablement can stop you following Simon's method. :thumbsup

(Simon, I know of a workable screencap process if you have a BR player for your PC. I don't, so I can't make use of it myself. It is horrifyingly laborious. Not worth it IMO; for the tabletop pics your method will deliver results that beat the old low-res tiny images by a long way. Can't wait.)

Again, no, there's some serious copy protection on this set.

I have friends who have been tackling it since Day 1 and it involves a lot of work.

Disclaimer: I don't know from first hand experience. That's just what they're telling me.

Hello Friends!
I leave here some screenshots of blu ray. the quality is very good.
if someone needs to capture some particular model send me a PM.

have a good day! :lol

Captura.jpg

032.jpg

031.jpg

030.jpg

029.jpg

028.jpg

027.jpg

026.jpg

025.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

018.jpg

017.jpg

015.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg

Again, no, there's some serious copy protection on this set.

I have friends who have been tackling it since Day 1 and it involves a lot of work.

Disclaimer: I don't know from first hand experience. That's just what they're telling me.

really isnt that hard just use what i mentioned an capture screen. Even with the all the protection on stuff you usually can get around it.

That's a crazy looking sharp nose on the X. Never seen that before. Or is the nose not on correctly?

I'm going nuts over those in-progress X-Wing pics!!!! Hmmm....I might need to take up machining....

Joe

Last edited:
I took a heap more of the x stuff last night. There's some interesting stuff in there. There's a shot of Lucas looking at a bunch of models at ILM from Jedi. I count 4 Ss x's and 4 mpc ones. Also a good shot or two of red 6 pyro being loaded up for it's big moment. Great shots of the Tl too. I'll see if I can load them up today.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back