Point Break (Post-release)

Re: Point Break remake is confirmed

This woud've been better if they used a pic of that guy's head blowing up in Scanners.

Spoilered, since it is rather messy:
Exploding-head.gif

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. I can't say any more than "no."

Man - I love Point Break. For what it is, it's cinematic excellence not to be messed with. What a stupid idea!

I love Point Break too. One of my favorite movies.

I am postivie I'll go see this remake. If its good, then thats great, if it is not, I will just ignore it. Wont affect the original at all. Just like Caddyshack 2.

I will probably watch it as if it was a Saturday Night Live parody of the original movie. Might help me like it more.

Now ive heard everything. A remake?

Im guessing it will star all the people from twilight and harry potter, be released in 3d and somehow be made into a trilogy.

The only way id watch this is if they wrote a sequel in which 'Roach' (Nixon) somehow survived the last skydive fall and wakes up runs off and leads a new robbing/surfing gang 20 years later. Throw in some cameo's from petty and reeves and good old harp is still running the fbi with papas's grandson chasing the mothers down!

Point break is a classi genre movie that should never be touch, its a cult classic and still holds up 20 years later.

throw money at bill and ted 3 before you throw money at a project that will go straight to dvd.

I wouldn't exactly say that Point Break is a 'classic' but I certainly see ZERO reason to remake this movie. Hearing of the Robocop remake was tough enough to hear, but this?
This only proves that Hollywood simply won't finance anything it can't understand. So, we see remakes of relatively recent movies and 're-imagining' films that are just a few years old.
The only way id watch this is if they wrote a sequel in which 'Roach' (Nixon) somehow survived the last skydive fall and wakes up runs off and leads a new robbing/surfing gang 20 years later. Throw in some cameo's from petty and reeves and good old harp is still running the fbi with papas's grandson chasing the mothers down!
Amen.

I wonder if the artist was making a joke with how they are chasing money.

uuummmmm yeah, is there ANY part of that trailer that is original??? :sick OMG "Utah!!............get me 2" long live the original........

Ha! Spotted James leGros in there who played Roach in the original. I have no interest in this other than any other cameos that it may contain.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back