Haunted Mansion Stretching Portrait Replication *Update 9/16

AJLoCascio

Sr Member
There is another thread dedicated to my room being turned into a Haunted Mansion Inspired setting, but in pursuit of my favorite of the stretching Portrait - I decided to say "F it !" and just replicate it.

So here is what I started with - and here is where I'm taking it.

When it's finished I will print the sucker to canvas and at the 800dpi it should scale to any sufficient size.

Here is a small rough teaser :

Screenshot2011-09-12at42732PM.png

Moony

Last edited:
Re: Haunted Mansion Stretching Portrait Replicatio

wow looks pretty good, i have a few HM things I did, ill dig them out and send them to you.

Thanks Rob !

The process of painting this is VERY slow going - I have a picture of the Portrait and blew it up like a billion times larger which ultimately makes the image look like crap. So I'm using the same color palette and proportions of the "original" and giving it a high res fresh coat of "paint."

in the end this baby should look like it was hand painted ! I really need a freaking wacom tablet so I don't have to keep drawing this stuff with a mouse.

Moony

Welcome... just to give you a taste... i have something called the Ghost Gallery which is the story of all the ghosts in the mansion, I have a Madam Leota Screensaver i made, quite a few old photos, a couple of patents for the leota effect, and the omni mover, some audio files... a lot of stuff.... I also made a DVD of the Master Gracey effect from WDW including audio, but i will not be at my place for a few days so that will have to wait.... Ill send you a PVT msg with the download details

Rob

This is beautiful!

PLEASE do a run of these!

I may do this just to offer you guys something better than those gorram Disney Print on demand ones. I got a ways to go before it's finished - but I really want to do something with super crisp detail - that is as accurate to the process they currently use to restore these painting as I can manage digitally. Even the close up you see is not as detailed as I'd like it to be. I still want to refine it.

keep an eye on the thread !

-Moony

This is quite an impressive task, sir. Cannot wait to see the progress. As a Disney freak and more so a Haunted Mansion obsessed nut I salute you. I even have the wallpaper design tattooed on my left hand. :)

Ooh. Very nice; I daresay the only thing better would be to project it upon canvas and paint with actual oils. :)

Ooh. Very nice; I daresay the only thing better would be to project it upon canvas and paint with actual oils. :)

Yeah - i was thinking if I do do a run to not only print them on canvas - but paint select areas to give it some texture... Also might replicate the Stretching Room Frame.

Re: Haunted Mansion Stretching Portrait Replication

Small update - just finished this bit last night - you can see the crappy pixilated picture behind the one I'm painting.

(The hair and slightly crooked eye are not refined)

Screenshot2011-09-13at62810PM.png

she's looking pretty Foxy... My Favorite image is of the lady sitting on the tombstone, She's a Babe :)

Last edited:

What program are you using for this? It's something I've wanted to try for a while.

I just found I'm alloted a tablet at work - so I'm using that between editing projects to get her in ship shape - I'm VERY meticulously going over this sucker ! I'm open to opinions of anything that looks off once I start getting more to show you guys.

I'm simply using photoshop btw - they have such a better system and more intuitive interface than illustrator or any other product I've worked with.

-AJ

I've never even been to the Haunted Mansion and I'm interested in this! :thumbsup

Looking good so far. :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back