Rapunzel (and Flynn)...the everlasting WIP. ( re-making bodice! )

Re: Rapunzel ( and Flynn ) WIP! :: PG 4 Flynn doublet near completion!

You can do it!
*Cheers from the sideline and plays Eye of the Tiger on a little stereo*

Re: Rapunzel ( and Flynn ) WIP! :: Half done bodice!

You've done an amazing job on both costumes! Can't wait to see how it all turns out. :/ I should really probably get started on my Flynn costume for halloween.

Thanks!! *_*

I'm pretty proud of them so far! The inner lining of my bodice is bothering me 'cause I didn't pay attention and got it puckered. But.... If I take the WHOLE THING apart, I'll NEVER be done on time. @_@

And yes, you should totally get started! And share your progress here! Or in another thread.. :) I'll follow it either way. Flynn's doublet is so snazzy, I love seeing people make it!

I've pretty much came to the conclusion that I wont get it done in time for Halloween, i've got around 45 hours a week at work and the local Hobby Lobby and Hancock Fabrics are out of the material for the pants/lining, the local Tandy Leather Factory is in an ordering freeze so i couldnt dye the boot toppers to cover the square-toed western boots, and my Rapunzle crapped out on me. So i'm going with a Harry Potter group of friends over to Rhodes College in Memphis TN for a photoshoot. But since i can take my time i'm going to start on the patterns and stuff and get it as accurate as possible, though my vinyl for the vest is more along the lines of a blue-grey instead of a bright blue.

Aw! Too bad!! Oh well, more time to work on it with no deadline! :D

Random updates ( seriously, I'm such a bad procrastinator...I take pictures at EVERY step along the way...you's [ for anyone reading ] are lucky I didn't take photos after each eyelet was punched on...HAHA )

CONTACTS ARE IN!

They are bright and big and cartoony and blend great with my eyes and I LOVE them. Plus, they came with this strange velcro square thing that I think is meant to hold hair back while you put them in...at least, that's what I got from the photos of the girl with it stuck in her hair...I'm not sure...the whole package was in Japanese. HAHA

I have no makeup on but falling-off fake lashes that I didn't feel like gluing on so please excuse the plain-ness and lack of decent photo.

contacts.jpg

And the bodice has FULL EYELETS! *yay*

bodicelace.jpg

Need to find some less shiny lacing...

Off to embroider around each and every one of the eyelets now...@_@

This is looking great! Thumbs up on your fabric work.

Do you plan on making a small Pascal to put on your shoulder?

NO to the barefoot part! I usually go to a bar or club or hall or something where there are beer bottles served... I was looking at lilac flats but I think I'm through with trying to match purples now! So most likely just a nude leather flat. :)

Jedichase - I'm really bad at sculpting. I was going to try but I don't really have the time between finishing this and Flynn AND another set of costumes before the 22nd. :( Might make a trip to the Disney store to pick one up for now.

Thanks everyone! I'm REALLY happy with how the colours all look together! I'm more excited to wear it just to have someone else take pictures at a normal distance to capture the colours a bit more accurately. They're so perfect irl! *o*

*goes back to working on that bodice*

that work on your rapunzel dress is impeccable!
the flynn.. i'm not sure i like the choice of material, but holycrap your rapunzel is looking perfect.
and it totally helps you look like a disney character anyway (intended as a compliment)

that work on your rapunzel dress is impeccable!
the flynn.. i'm not sure i like the choice of material, but holycrap your rapunzel is looking perfect.
and it totally helps you look like a disney character anyway (intended as a compliment)

Thank you so much!!! Rapunzel is eating most of my time/budget this year so I passed on the genuine leather for Flynn for cost and mainly time reasons as it takes a million years to get the things I need most shipped to Canada from the States. =\

The vinyl is a bit stiff, especially around the collar, but it fits him nice and snug and actually looks great on, so the outcome was worth saving some money and sanity with whether I'd have the supplies or not. AND THE COLOUR. I just love it. :D Hopefully it looks a bit less stiff, and a bit more natural after I take it outside and beat it ( literally... I think it's the only way to weather that stuff. Haha! )

Added the sleeves and reshaped and added the bottom piping to the bodice today.

Then I did this comparison.

changeup.png

So now I'm cutting out new sleeves and using the slightly darker ribbon.

This is what happens when you can't make decisions.

Between all of the second option fabric I've bought and excess of supplies that were 'just in case', I have enough stuff to make an entire second bodice. :| I wonder if I could sell that as a kit or something...haha

It's great to see your enthusiasm throughout this undertaking! You are doing such a great job and I can't wait to see the finished result ! Good Luck !

My opinion is that you should use a pale peach ribbon instead of pink. The pink ribbon is a bit too 'aggressive' against the rest of the fabic.

Thanks for the input!

Unfortunately, making a spring coloured costume in fall is more challenging than I'd've thought. I considered more of a peachy tone, but the darker 'pink' is the closest colour I could find. In most on screen shots it looks pretty close to the darker one. The other reason I'll be sticking with it though, as opposed to an actual peachier coloured one is that her overall palette is more purple+pink, and with the lacing and piping that I have, I'd prefer to stick with something the same colour as opposed to throwing another in there. I like uniformity and flow with colours and designs...maybe it's the art student in me. haha If everything else was pink and purple and then the sleeves were peach, I feel like I'd stare at it all the time as if one of these things just didn't belong. @_@

This was one of the pics that really swayed my decision in favour of the 'darker' pink:

angry.jpg

Wow that looks really amazing! Can't wait till you're done!

I can imagine choosing the colours is difficult. Every picture and every screen gives you other tones in the same colour I'd say...

Good luck on your decisions

Wow!
Amazing job with the wig and tiara!
You could work for disney lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back