Rapunzel (and Flynn)...the everlasting WIP. ( re-making bodice! )

Re: Rapunzel WIP for Halloween!

Random project of the night: ghetto Flynn satchel!

punztrain.jpg

It kinda looks like a paper bag lunch right now...I was lazy and didn't line it... aaaand I screwed up the seams on the corners...but after the detailing I'm sure it will be a fine stand-in until I get around to making a better one.

Does anyone have tips for softening and/or weathering vinyl? =\ I think I'm going to let it sit outside until Halloween in hopes that it gets uglified by the elements. And to get the stink out. I'm pretty sure I'm VERY high on plastic fumes right now from the vinyl. @_@

PS

Rapunzel's coronation is this Sunday!!! Who's excited!? Anyone? Anyone?

corono.jpg

... I would be if I weren't working so I can't even watch the live stream. :( In my anger, I stabbed my wig head...which really needs to be replaced by a female one... Ahaha...

My little girls keep asking me to check in on this thread to see if there are anymore pics up/ they love it and so do I.

I have yet to see this movie... it's been on my instant que since Netflix added it... but from the pictures I've seen of the character and what you've got so far, this is going to look amazing.

I love this movie...and your costume is wonderful!

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it too! :D And thanks! Even though it's not much of a costume yet... haha!

My little girls keep asking me to check in on this thread to see if there are anymore pics up/ they love it and so do I.

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this! It truly inspires me! One of the reasons I want my Rapunzel to be some of my best work yet is because of the reactions my boyfriend gets as Jack. Won't lie. I'm totally jealous when the kids call him by name and ask for hugs and pictures. It makes me so happy to see how something I helped bring to life make other people smile! :love

DarthGordon, WATCH IT! It's so cute. And beautifully animated!

Re: Rapunzel ( and Flynn ) WIP for Halloween!

Right now it's just a beast(ly pattern cutout)...but give me a few hours and it'll be a beauty!!! *_*

I LOVE this vinyl! The colour is so pretty!

DSC07929.jpg

My mom says it's a good one!! Travis got it for me for Christmas last year along with a LE Tangled tshirt and a Shark steamer! And a hot chocolate frother... and How to Train Your Dragon. :D So it's a special frying pan!

WOO HOO!

Flynn's doublet is coming along nicely! It looks less ripply in person... It didn't quite get the depth I wanted with the paneling with just a layer of felt underneath but I didn't feel like spending more money on batting for it sooo...that's that. I think it looks alright anyways. I think I'm going to brush some darker somethingorother over the panel stitching though so make it stand out a bit more. The thread I got was slightly too light which also doesn't help the depth. Since Travis doesn't have the same intense ( read: obsessive ) love for Tangled ( or Flynn ) that I do, I'm not going to go OCD with the details on poor Eugene, but I am trying to make it look nice and clean and sharp...you know. Enough to compliment my costume. He IS the biggest and most important accessory other than the hair. :lol

flynnvest.jpg

Last edited:

doublet from h-e-doublehockeysticks is coming along moderately well. I was kinda rushing it tonight and I KNOW when I rush things I always go back and redo it anyways but... *sigh* at least I know what I need to fix now. The back totally doesn't fit as well as it should on my Flynn but it also doesn't help that the vinyl is so stiff. =\ I have to chop the collar in half and the sleeve...and reattach it...and then redo some inside seams once he's over here again so I can attempt to tailor it a bit more...and then clean it up, serge the inside and be done with it!...after the detailing.

BLARGH. Oh well. It JUST TURNED OCTOBER and it's nearing completion...that's pretty good for me! :D

doublet.jpg

STILL waiting for my Rapunzel fabric... ugh... @_@... apparently the wait time is typically between 1-2 weeks...it's been two weeks...but taking weekends out, I guess it could be another 4 days still. If I don't have it by the end of this week, I'll do a rush order and just sell the other stuff, I suppose...

Got a couple sets of pink tights for Rapunzels sleeves...which I can't really work on until I make the poufs for the top of the sleeves...which I can't do until my fabric gets in so I can dye it to compliment. Ugh. It's a downward spiral of agonizing waiting. >_< I have to get that skirt done so I can do all of the embroidery on it before Halloween, too! And I can't finish THAT until I have the fabric for the center panel either. I'm at a dead end! D:

Took the sleeves in! Need to figure out something with the back to get it more fitted but I can't do that 'til Travis gets over here again and he's sick right now. :( Time to attach the collar!

And I just realized when my hair is up, you can see all the netting and attached tubes behind my neck. looks like my wigwork days aren't over afterall!! At least that should be a moderately easy fix since I already have a few ideas up my sleeve for that....

And yes. I totally did this. Just cause I'm a geek like that... >_>

yuppp.jpg

I don't have a manly frame to fill it out so it went ripply all over when I bent in it. Frankly, I'm ok with this. Hahah! Though I do need to soften up the vinyl somehow to get the seams to relax since it is quite stiff...hmmmmmmmm

Last edited:

HIP HIP! HOORAY!

The vest fits my bf PERFECTLY. And with shortening the length to how it should be, I think it'll help with the puckering in the back and make that a lot easier to take in. *_*

Also...

IT'S A JOYOUS DAY!!!

MY FABRIC FOR RAPUNZEL FINALLY CAME IN!!!!!

The fabric for the centre skirt panel is a lot lighter on the pattern than I had hoped for but overall is a near perfect match for the rest of my skirt!! *_* And I thought I ordered the sateen, but it feels like they printed it on the silk. MEH. NOT COMPLAINING! It's beautiful!!!

The fabric for the top, on the otherhand, is darker than I had hoped. The pattern is nice and vibrant right down to the lines WITHIN the pattern, but the dark spots are a bit darker than I wanted. But it does photograph very pretty. And tends to change colour from more pink to more purple depending on the lighting. I think I've come to terms with this and even though it's more on the pinky side in person, I'm going to keep it. It looks GREAT with the other fabrics. All of the colours are working together so well!

FINALLY! I can get to work on well...everything!!!

fabric-1.jpg

wow good job, i wish i knew how to work with fabric, keep up the great work can't wait to see it finished, your gonna make a great Rapunzel!

Thank you!

I just illustrate the patterns in photoshop, send the files off to Spoonflower, and they do the rest. Haha!

Flynn vest 85% done! All that's left is the bottom hem ( have to wait for my Flynn to try it on so I can tailor in the sides ), buckles and weathering!

fv.jpg

How do you plan on weathering? Just Curious :) I have some projects comming up where that might be helpful.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back