Rapunzel (and Flynn)...the everlasting WIP. ( re-making bodice! )

Re: Rapunzel WIP for Halloween!

Thanks again everyone! Still waiting on my fabric to get moving with the rest of it... UGH...

What wig did you get? I still need to buy mine.
But boots I'm gonna make myself!

Zlurpo!!! GET ON IT!!! Most wigs on Ebay are from China and Korea and sometimes take their sweet time to get here! D: Then again, it's usually not that bad shipping to the States instead of Canada ( I sent it to my brothers house over there for that reason ). Honestly, I looked through ebay for a trillion ( meaning 3 ) hours before I narrowed it down to 5 and then down to 1.

Most of the guys wigs on ebay are crappy Halloween ones or Asian schoolboy hairstyles. :lol

I saw in your thread that you were going to look into a lace front. We're working on a tight timeline and budget so even though ours is a heat resistant kanekalon ( which usually reads: good quality for a costume wig ), it's not a lace front. For this reason: The only ones that were were all longer ladies ones at a slightly higher price range ( ours was $22 ) and would need COMPLETE styling. I'm good at styling wigs, but that's 'cause I do my own hair. I have no idea how to cut guys hair so I didn't want to chance it on a $30+ wig, ruin it, and then have no time or money to order another. Taking some influence for the Face characters who have a more brushed style than gelled in one direction, and on most of those guys you can't even see the hairline anyways. I think it'll be hidden enough to not matter. Confidence!!!

Speaking of which, I really wanted a lace front for my base Punzie and then when I went and ordered them all, I totally forgot about it. Oh well. No turning back now, that's for sure!

I like the style we got for Flynn though and since it has center piece shaggy bangs, it should be easy to brush them over to the right side. I'll post photos once I pick it up! :D

Do you have a link to the ebay listing your bought? I'd like to see if I can find another of the same.

My sister does hair professionally, in case I can't figure out how to style it myself (but I bet I can, I'm pretty tricky with stuff like that!)

Last edited:

Zlurpo, we got this one. I chose this one out of my other options 'cause it has a nice thick look to it and the colour is dark but still slightly warm without having red in it. At the same time, I think it has a nice natural tone. I also like the length on the neck. After brushing it back and putting a LITTLE BIT of styling product in it, I think it'll look just right ( without having that mullety look that the park wigs have ). :D

Slavefive,
NOPE! Only about 3 lbs! I've seen most weigh between 7-15 so I'm INCREDIBLY happy with the weight of it! :D

Last edited:

Oh that does look good. Well I'll be checking out a few local costume shops to see if anything can work, but if not, I'll probly order that same one. Thanks!!

Oh that does look good. Well I'll be checking out a few local costume shops to see if anything can work, but if not, I'll probly order that same one. Thanks!!

For costume shops, just make sure they're not those out-of-the-bag ones with the weird costume pictures on front! They photograph WAY too shiny since they're all plastic. EwWWwWWwWw!

If your sis can do some styling, you CAN get nice long lace fronts to trim up. Again, it was just something I didn't want to spend the time or money on chancing, and then be stuck with nothing. :|

Off to buy some pleather for Flynn's vest! Then tonight, flower gluing! Jeez...I keep saying this every day and keep putting it off...

But I tried it on with the flowers all placed in it today! IT'S SO PRETTY! And honestly, I feel like it's a crime to have it be as comfortable as it is. With all of the flowers added, it brought it from 2.6 lbs to a whopping 3. :lol Love it!

I think I kept the links of some others that were contenders... I'll see if I can dig them up ( my ebay 'watch' list is like 10000000000 pages ) and I'll post'em in your thread. :)

I love your Rapunzel so far! It's going to look amazing!! I was wondering where you got your crystals to fix your crown? I am trying to find the jewels to make my own but i have no idea where to get them.

Thanks and I can't wait to see the completed project!

Thanks!! :D

I got them from Michaels. I can't remember the brand name though, I threw out all the packaging that day. They have an assortment of Swarovski and just decorative costume ones as well for cheaper.

Upon reviewing screens and gluing the flowers into my wig ( I caved ), I think I want to switch up my yellow daffodil type things for daisies. blegh. That means I have to go buy MOOOoOOooore flowers. Seriously, it's all I've been buying for weeks. I have stems and petals all over my room! x_x

Got some pleather for my Flynn's vest and satchel! So hopefully this wig will ACTUALLY be done by Thursday so that I can start on that... fingers still crossed that my fabric gets here by the end of the month so I can get moving on my actual costume. >_<

Vest and satchel pleathers:
vestsatchel.jpg

I was VERY torn between this teal and a more greenish one but compared to the purple in my skirt, the greenish one looked GREEN. Too green. So I'm hoping some aging will tone down the brightness of this one...either way, it will compliment my costume nicely and that's what really matters... >_>

Everything is looking GREAT! Can't wait to see the final peice. I wish I had time to work on costumes for me! I spend so much time working on them for my children now a days. I have had leather for almost a year that I want to make a sexy pirate costume for the ren festival. I WILL BE DONE BEFORE NEXT YEARS FESTIVAL. This thread has really given me the support to keep me costuming. People though I was crazy for all the costumes and money I dump into it. But it makes me happy. I found this site on accident and I love to see I'm not alone! Keep Us Posted!

This really is top notch work. I so badly wanted to do a Flynn Rider to go with my daughter's Rapunzel, but I just don't have the time this year.

Ugh. I bought more flowers.

And not just any flowers! Flowers that I already had flowers for! So now I have to decide between the two kinds of flowers! ...

Why do I do this!?

( I'm TERRIBLE at making decisions )

Photos to come...going to need assistance!

Oh...and covering the loose ends at the bottom tonight, so the ACTUAL STYLING WILL FINALLY BE DONE! *YAY*

Oooh, how exciting! I am loving your thread. I just saw Tangled a few days ago, and it was fantastic! I wish I'd seen it earlier.

I can't wait to see pictures! Your wig is already very impressive, so I'm looking forward to seeing the finished result. (I've checked your thread and Zlurpo's thread for updates obsessively yesterday and today...)

So of course, I finish styling and my camera dies!!! >O

These are the only pics I could grab in time! Well.. the only one...the other one I had to resort to *shudder* a cellphone mirror pic.

Only about the top 1/4 of flowers are set in place, though I'm changing the yellow ones to the one you see in the middle...it's more flat and less devouring. I wanna show off that braid! And unless I change the fake baby's breath to small white flowers. I'll have to test a few spots and make sure it doesn't get too overpowering with more flowers in it. I find with flash it makes the flowers look like they're overpowering the wig. :( It's so much prettier in person!

The only thing I'm disappointed with is that I wish I had made the tubes long enough to get one more braid knot out at the end. Then it would have been PERFECT. But at least at the length it's at, it can withstand a lot of wear without getting dirty from the ground or myself accidentally kicking it while walking. Anyways! On to the pictures!!

hair1-1.jpg

The basically-done styling!! I hairsprayed the loose ends into more of a point, but obviously not enough since they came out as soon as I put it on. ... I was too excited to wait for it to dry... >_>

cameraded.jpg

Side-ish view. You can kinda see the lift I got out of the bangs! Which also looks way better in person. *sigh* I can't wait to get some nice hi-res photos of it all!

That's all for tonight! I have a 2 hours drive for a meeting tomorrow so unfortunately I can't stay up 'til my usual 3am gluing flowers in place. </3

BUT AT LAST! THE HARDEST PART IS OVER!

Oh. Also got pink nylon for the sleeves and going to start embroidering those soon!

looks fantastic! i'm /starting/ to get into wig styling and you seem to have taken this project by the horns. :D

also, i'm jealous. you photograph so much better in your catwoman than i do. :p

1. ALMOST-NAME-TWINS!

2. THANKS! *_* It was definitely a challenge and I knew it would be the hardest part of the costume so I wanted to get it done first...not to mention it's also the most important part!

3. UGH. Never. Yours is so good. Pretty sure I've lurked you hard on C.c ... >_>

Most of us Returns Catwomen are under appreciated... :(

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back