Rapunzel (and Flynn)...the everlasting WIP. ( re-making bodice! )

Re: Rapunzel WIP for Halloween!

This is amazing.
I saw a couple of girls at DC this year that did Rapunzel and none of their hair was as nice as yours.
I cant wait to see it.

Is Mojo going with you as Flynn?

Shylaah

Huh?

I am a very, VERY lucky girl as my boyfriend has agreed to be my lovely Flynn. :love ( though I guess lucky depends how you look at the situation... I do have to make the whole costume for him in time for Halloween while also finishing this and our 2 alternative costumes... ugh. Why do I do this? )

Thank you so much for your comments, everyone. It's been an incredible challenge and the support drives me to make it as best as possible! Hoping for it to look so-good-I-can't-believe-I-did-this good by the time it's done...speaking of which, I should probably get back to work!

incredible! and a great look to base it on :) i'm sure you'll have very grubby feet by the end of the night hahaha. can't wait to see how this turns out!!

can you post the link to the dress fabric? i want

Hello to you too! =P The patterned stuff? I haven't gotten it yet. I'm an idiot and ordered it with regular shipping instead of guaranteed arrival date so it's between 1-2 weeks and it was shipped out the 14th. Ugh... just realized that it might be another week before it gets here... >_< UGH. I'm going to be cutting it SO CLOSE for the whole actual costume. Just like every other year, I suppose...

Anyways, I can't sell it until it's delivered. But I don't know if I'm going to offer these patterns for sale or not...they're very special to me, as is this whole costume. I do have the first version for sale but it prints light pink and the pattern is quite faint. =\

Very cool.

Where are the pics of the frying pan?

Oh, my boyfriend/Flynn got me a lovely medium sized frying pan for Christmas that I'll be using! :D My mom says it's a good pan, too! HAH! I'll have to include it in my next test shots!

Thanks again for the comments everyone! I'm basking in the flattery! Though I know my braid is FAR from the best one out there, your compliments send me over the moon since this project was WAY the frig out of my comfort zone and skill level. :eek

I'm really impressed with the lengths you're going to be as accurate as possible. Very cool and it's looking good.

As per my facebook status: feels like i'm having heart palpitations behind all these happy tears. my soul is floating among a billion lanterns of happiness.

No big deal.

decoratingtyyyymmmeee.jpg

Still needs some touchups, trimming, loose hair on the end, extra wefts...and then after that...IT'S DECORATING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst is over! The best is yet to come! It's everything I dreamed it would be! Now I get to go find a new dream! ( Finishing the rest of the costume... >_> )

For inquiring minds, the wig weighs a fantabulously unbelievable 2.6 lbs. :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'm a world record holder for lightest SA Rapunzel braid!!!!

Last edited:

Working in a children's theatre, it shouldn't be taken lightly when I say that this is the first Rapunzel wig I've seen that doesn't look like crap. We have a half dozen or so in our stock from different sources. All of them look like the mange.
This one is made of win! And if they ever charge me with Rapunzel, you're the first person I'm going to call.

I always enjoy your build threads Aelynn...

Thank you!!!

Auryn, It's a full wig! The braid is sewn to the wefts at the nape of the neck on the base and the base wig is integrated into the actual braid as well. :D

Hey, I popped back in at TBC! I just have nothing much to contribute at the moment... I'm still lurking about!!

And thanks!! It's decorating time tonight! :D

hairfleus.jpg

Decorating in progress!!

I'm using several angles in screencaps to place the flowers as closely as possible. OCD much? Yeah, I know. I have to trim down those golden yellow ones and white ones though. They devour the poor thing!

Took it without flash 'cause the flash made all the flowers too bright. My camera has issues with white balance or something...and my new camera has 0 battery at the moment. So anyways, this is the sneak peek!

Also ordered the boots and wig for my Flynn. The wig was a whopping $22 ! The boots will be the most expensive at $90. And they'll STILL need modding. Harumph. Up in the air with what to do for buckles...may take inspiration from Zlurpo and cast some. There's seriously NOTHING close enough that I can get in time! EEP!!!

What wig did you get? I still need to buy mine.
But boots I'm gonna make myself!

That is SO cool! Since I have to watch this movie pretty much everyday (my 3 1/2 year old daughter loves this movie), I like it more and more.

Frying pans, who knew, right?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back