Rapunzel (and Flynn)...the everlasting WIP. ( re-making bodice! )

Re: Rapunzel ( and Flynn ) WIP! :: Photo Time!!! Pg 7

Fantastic costumes- just brilliant! You guys look like you're ready to shoot the live action version of the movie. :)

Re: Rapunzel ( and Flynn ) WIP! :: Photo Time!!! Pg 7

Ok, you two need , yes need to be hired by Disney parks like ...yesterday!!!!
Incredible work!!
Please don't ruine it at a bar some place !
If you were in the
Denver area I'd have you come to our Hero house tonight!

Thank you!! I WISH I could work for Disney. I'd push buttons on a ride if I could listen to Disney music all day. XD Unfortunately, being a Canadian with no green card = no Disney employed dreams. ever. :( It's like I'm locked out of my most magical wishes!

I wore it to a bar on Saturday night and had a few people bump into the wig, but it seems the extra hold hair spray did a fantastic job! It's perfect, still! The only thing that gets messy on it is the underside from rubbing against my back when I wear it.

And if we were in the Denver area, we'd totally come! LOL

Love your Costumes! It was fun watching you put these together.

Thanks! I hope it's still fun as I keep this thread alive during the time in which I actually complete them 100%. Continuing on with the embroidery this week!

And now for some more photo spams! Actually, maybe I'll just edit them all into the first post... yes. I'll do that. So check back there! :)

Re: Rapunzel ( and Flynn ) WIP! :: Pic heavy 1st post!

Now you need to get Pascal on your shoulder :D

I KNOOOWWWW

I wanted the BestBuy one but they sold out SO FAST. Then they popped up on ebay for more than the price of the bluray which I didn't really want to pay.... and now they're just gone. :(

I was going to get the chameleon lamp from thinkgeek... its a handheld white plastic chameleon that changes colour and lights up according to whatever you sit it on.

But I do still want a pascal plush/model... the disney store ones are just so big though! sigh...

My girlfriend and I have been following this thread for some time now. We are both fans of Tangled and love how passionate you are about recreating not on the look but the feel of the costume as well. Well done! Bravo!!!(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

This looks AMAZING. You did a fantastic job, and it's definitely up there in some of the best Rapunzel's I've seen made. :D

That came out great! My 4yo. niece hasn't stopped talking about your costume since I showed her the pics. My sister kept telling her she couldn't be Rapunzel because she had her costume already. So they ended up compromising tonight by letting her wear a Tangled/Rapunzel shirt under her Hello Kitty costume. :lol

Thanks everyone!!

Here's a random manip I did tonight...posted it on tumblr and it got a burst of notes from all over! Thus, I thought I would share. :D

mur2.jpg

Now this thread will slowly disappear until I do some more work on it and get new photos sometime in the spring... T_T so far away...

So did you end up embroidering the whole thing? I think my sister did on hers.

So did you end up embroidering the whole thing? I think my sister did on hers.

I only got the sides of the center panel done and a couple alternating designs on either side. I've continued with it now though. ALL of the designs and all of the trim around the bottom skirt hem will be hand embroidered when I'm done with it. Hopefully the sleeves too if I can find a fabric that will work for the look and hold the embroidery alright.

I have to tear the skirt apart and add another panel though, first. I made mine with 7 thinking I was being all super-accurate and it turns out theirs 8. Thanks GOODNESS I didn't do the bottom hem or patterns around there yet. @_@ I guess it worked out in my favour!

Gratuitous bump to show off construction... >_>

Vote here! if you believe in fairy tales!...and Disney!... and Magic!...and 80,000 hot glue gun burns while making a 5 ft wig!!!

<3

I voted for you!!!

Aw! THANK YOU!!!

It would mean SO MUCH to even be in the top 5 or 10... not that I need a reason to be proud of the amount of detail and dedication I put into it, but it's always nice to have it recognized. =3

At the risk of sounding like a Big girl's blouse, I think it's absolutely beautiful :)
Darren

Thank you! And thanks to everyone for your continued support. Knowing the votes are members only, I can't even express how flattering, inspiring and motivational it is so be in the top 5.

Right now, this picture pretty much describes how I'm feeling.

crown2-1.jpg

So close and still so far!

Wow, I am not sure how, but I missed this thread before. Amazing work. Love it!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back