Beetlejuice 2

i think kevin smith said it best when they wanted to make beetlejuice goes hawaian

"Didn't we say all we needed to say in the first Beetlejuice? Must we go tropical?"

still it looks like they are going gon another remake/reboot frenzie what with short circuit getting remake as well

I loved the original, and I have no doubt that if they go through with this, it'll ruin both Beetlejuice and my faith in Hollywood...

While I'd love to see it if it's done right it's been such a long time between then and now that it might not even be possible for Keaton to pull off the character the same way. Plus comedy's gone down hill since then so now it would be nothing but fart jokes.

If they brought back Keaton and Burton, I'd watch it. Keaton hasn't aged horribly, and under the make-up, I doubt the passage of time would be noticeable at all. I see no reason to bring back the Deetzes or Maitlands. Their story is done, and Alec Baldwin looks nothing like he did in the '80s.

Too bad they didn't get this off the ground before Sylvia Sidney passed away.

Lots of movies don't and didn't need sequels. Honestly, Star Wars didn't need a sequel when it was just called Star Wars. John Carpenter didn't really think that Halloween needed a sequel but did it anyway. Wes Craven didn't want a sequel to A Nightmare on Elm Street to be made. Did Night really need a Dawn of the Dead? What would have happened if Paramount had stopped at Star Trek the Motion Picture?

Sequels aren't usually necessary, but can be a fun and new way to visit favorite characters or worlds.

Now, when studios throw away everything that made these characters and worlds what they were away but give them the same name... well... that's less like me visiting an old friend and more like trying to replace an old friend with someone completely different because they have the same name.

A new one could be very brilliant if done with love and passion - which would mean it to be a necessity to have Burton direct and Keaton to star.
I agree, Keaton has aged well and under the makeup he will look just as good as he did in the original.
Burton's directorial style has grown to a more visual style that may have the movie looking more like Nightmare Before Christmas on crack - but the key thing is STORY STORY STORY! Without a logical, interesting story, not even Burton's or Keaton's involvement will mean a thing.

I liked the old cartoon series. I thought that was a good adaptation/continuation from the movie.

Michael Keaton should reprise his role.

With Keaton as Beetlejuice, I'd watch it and as long as it had the same weirdness and humor as the original, I'm happy.

I know Keaton has mentioned many times he would love to do this role again.

And why Burton? You guys saying you don't wanna see Schumacher or Michael Bay direct?? :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back