The sides of the "frame" are made from 3" crown molding with 3 or 4 smooth grooves running the length, sold at most home improvement stores. The corners are decorative squares sold in the same stores next to the crown molding and are usually used on the corners of door frames. You should be able to get enough materials to construct a frame for less than $20 each. Simply stain the wood and nail it together (or use epoxy to attach it to a simple pre-bought flat wooden frame.

TK5378, that's what I thought, but I'm working with smaller scale reproductions so the 3" wide trim might be overpowering. I found molding I can deal with, but now have to find smaller rosettes for the corners to go with it.

So excited...I've got some new goodies in production thanks to TLaser, can't wait to post them up for everyone to see. Hopefully if all goes well he'll be able to offer them to everyone at some point.

TK5378, that's what I thought, but I'm working with smaller scale reproductions so the 3" wide trim might be overpowering. I found molding I can deal with, but now have to find smaller rosettes for the corners to go with it.

What about making it out of XPS foam?

- - - Updated - - -

So excited...I've got some new goodies in production thanks to TLaser, can't wait to post them up for everyone to see. Hopefully if all goes well he'll be able to offer them to everyone at some point.

Awesome. Can't wait to see what you're working on.

They also offer the corners and rail in 2" width, which may fit the smaller prints better...I did a size test with one of my 13.5x40 prints and the 2" pieces and they look great. Lowe's offers them...item numbers are: 0107553 (2" corner piece) and 105662 (2.25" fluted casing).

a new item has been released by disney.....it is a christmas ornament

the brown thing is the 13 hour clock which appears to have broken off...kinda funny disney used a damage item for their marketing picture....
7509055880082-2_zps619a166e.jpeg

7509055880082_zps19c6fb1a.jpeg

I like it, except for the Leota on the back...I HATE that image and they just keep using it over and over on really lame merchandise. They also released another new ornament of the hitch-hiking ghosts. Search Haunted Mansion on the DisneyStore website and it'll pop up.

I just got back from my trip to DW and picked up the Tomb Sweet Tomb pillow. Could not find anything else there that really impressed me. I had the wine stopper in my hand, but decided not to buy it. I just don't drink enough wine. Now if they had a beer coozie....

-Eric

I don't drink wine at all, but I wanted the stopper as a decoration to go alongside my other mansion stuff. I plan on making it a nice wooden base at some point to display it properly, something that would look at-home in the mansion. For now it's stuck into a small dark brown colored glass medicine bottle to hold it upright on my shelf.

i dont like the madame leota image either which is one of the reasons why i didnt purchase the crystal ball madame leota ...too cartoony for me

btw, disneyland resort in anaheim has all the items in stock....the music boxes, candelabras, hourglasses, throw blanket and pillow and frames, etc etc

saw this in the disenyania/ disney gallery...it was released a few years ago..thought it was pretty cool

2-2_zps8ddfc66d.jpg

Last edited:
Master Gracey is my favorite changing portrait and favorite new addition to the anaheim Haunted Mansion

picked up the Friday the 13th Pin. The Master Gracey portrait opens to reveal the marc davis stretch portraits inside

Front:
5138b309-0282-4475-98a1-1cf7b404bc6e_zpsb20faa6f.jpg

Inside"

2b05af46-ca29-4a29-9b28-30ac551d1454_zpsd2b032ee.jpg

Master Gracey framed in a 16 x 20 gallery frame

1b0893f0-a608-4067-adc7-9d44cc5169f8_zps81a8c10d.jpg

Last edited:
What about making it out of XPS foam?

Interesting idea. I hadn't considered that, but might look into it if the wood doesn't work out.

They also offer the corners and rail in 2" width, which may fit the smaller prints better...I did a size test with one of my 13.5x40 prints and the 2" pieces and they look great. Lowe's offers them...item numbers are: 0107553 (2" corner piece) and 105662 (2.25" fluted casing).

That might be small enough to work. Thanks for the item numbers!

I also am not a fan of the cartoon Leota. It looks like the Haunted Mansion by Lisa Frank.

picked this up recently.....a Haunted Mansion attraction poster that was on display at the disneyland resort underneath the train tracks

it measures 36 x 54...the poster is huge

f40c71cb-fae2-4e70-aed2-1cd4f8434fdf_zpsde07abbd.jpg

Leota Music Boxes are back on DisneyStore.com as of last night...

Rob

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

definitely going in the bedroom next to the other haunted mansion items...

disney store is having an exclusive Hatbox Ghost shirt to celebrate the Disneyland's Haunted Mansion Anniversary this week.....

shirt will be on sale tomorrow

HTS273943LARGE_zpsab409f87.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back