Wow - I popped out of this thread for a bit, but I'm glad to see it's taken on a life of its own!

I've since moved, so my HM inspired room has since been dismantled and I'm back to square one :(

Just got word back from a mold maker friend that I sent my banshee mold to. He said that there were a few tear outs in the mold, and that it was made of polyurethane, but in the first casting he made he noticed brush strokes in the casting. He thinks that they could be from the finishing brush work in the original clay model.

He's compared the casting with a bunch of source images and in his opinion it is a match to the ride. So that's pretty exciting news.

Will the paper properly tile?

Oh yes, tiles just fine. You can click where it says "design" to see how it looks.

I guess my original post with the link was edited for selling. I didn't really post it looking for sales, more as a courtesy if anyone wanted it. Still I'll start a thread in the Junkyard with the link, or you can PM me.

Just got a good sized set of portraits (on canvas) in that I'd been wanting for a while. I figure they'll look pretty sweet framed up.

Last edited:
I recently came across a mold that someone made of what appears to be a banshee face from the Mansion. Only problem I'm having is determining what material it's made from.

8289186151_141701667d_o.jpg

I'd hate to try and make a casting and have the wrong materials destroy the mold (Forgive my newbie-ness).

Anyone have any ideas as to what it's made of?

8290250352_c2f5ff0257_o.jpg

It is made of Smooth-On PMC®-121 urethane rubber. You can cast resin, plaster and other things in it but not molten metals. You will need to use their release spray.

It is made of Smooth-On PMC®-121 urethane rubber. You can cast resin, plaster and other things in it but not molten metals. You will need to use their release spray.

Thanks for the info! I ended up sending to a friend that knows more about molding/casting than I do and he made me some casts. Should be getting them back sometime next week.

I have a casting of the wood detail from the load area hall...not sure where it is, somewhere in a tub of castings and molds from my time at WDW. I'll see if I can find it next time I'm out to my storage unit.

Did you ever have any luck finding this? I always love getting a close look at that detail at WDW.

I go to Disneyland Paris today, a friend of mine told me that they had new goodies! I can't wait! I've got an annual pass, and I love to go there as I'm parisian :D
I'm a great "phan" of the Haunted Mansion and Phantom Manor :)
I'm planning to make a victorian gown to make some pics at Halloween ^^

It's very interesting! All these props, I love you guys!

I've found this also, as I was looking for a fabric to make a bag :) It's also available as a wallpaper and the close ups are quite nice!

and

I picked the bat stanchion from Rylo last year. Finally got a round to making my base for it. I carved it from some Oak I had from another project.

47BF90F1-09A9-4D97-B093-B6BAE3F2EF48-8408-00000A9ADA0AE589_zps84421807.jpg

2A9C6F47-E815-4DAF-A9AD-432914A3912F-8408-00000A9AD5497056_zps3f0840da.jpg

Thanks,

-Eric

I am looking for a high res. pic or a replica of the "ghost host" painting. Anybody ever see a replica? Or have a printable file?
It's the big pic with the guy with the noose.
I didn't take this pic. Not sure who to credit it to.

mike

Apologies if I already posted these... I skimmed through this thread and didn't see myself, but I have this nagging feeling that I did post about these pics here on the RPF once before.

I took these pics the day before Hallowe'en 2010 using my Haunted Mansion action figure collection and a few other toys you might recognize. Not every toy line was to scale, so there is some composite work, but surprisingly not a lot of it.

The full album (30 pics): https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.255937964519774.57308.100003107175804&type=3

Teaser:
553127_255938074519763_799729836_n.jpg

The sets were made by me using various printable resources I found online. And yes, the stretching portraits really stretch and the painting of Master Gracey is on a thumbwheel so I can age him.

Enjoy!

Alex

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back