Thanks! I modeled those and 3D printed them (with modifications after the fact). Here's my post on those: http://chickenhaunt.blogspot.com/2016/07/wooden-skulls-from-mansion.html

Excellent! I usually use an iSense Scanner and then do cleanup. I do commission 3D models as well. I'm still at the TinkerCAD stage for most 3D Modeling myself :D

This is the other variation I keep mentioning :D We got stopped at the Haunted Mansion at WDW and I had just enough time to snag photos of each angle on this one...AutoDesk's Remake did an iffy job with it...still need to clean it up and see what's what.

Haunted Mansion - Corbel 003.jpg

RobertH I'd love to do that one, too. That's probably the clearest photo I've seen of it. I've had good luck with Memento (which I guess was the beta of Remake), but only in optimal conditions. I'd love to see your other photos!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a full-size bat stanchion replica that I got off eBay (possibly made by someone here, pulled from a Disneyland mold about 5 years ago) that I need to sell. Apparently I am the only eBayer willing to pay what I paid, though, cuz no one is even making offers on my listing... Do you guys have any suggestions of other places? Is there a selling forum on the RPF?

I have three of these myself that I bought unfinished off eekBay. Seems to me they were about 100.00 ea. I ultimately finished them myself and added LED stanchions for them. I noted your posting. Can't say I remember what the average price has been on finished versions. Seems to me there is a yardsale thread on here somewhere...never looked at it myself.

I have three of these myself that I bought unfinished off eekBay. Seems to me they were about 100.00 ea. I ultimately finished them myself and added LED stanchions for them. I noted your posting. Can't say I remember what the average price has been on finished versions. Seems to me there is a yardsale thread on here somewhere...never looked at it myself.

LED stanchions? Uplighting for the bat?

LED stanchions? Uplighting for the bat?

Not up lighting...more atmosphere lighting. Not great pics but gives you an idea.

Rob

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1470435440.494123.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1470435440.494123.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 216
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1470435450.814300.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1470435450.814300.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 171
Has anyone else come across this site? It has some great info on different features of the mansion as well as identifying different pieces.

https://longforgottenhauntedmansion.blogspot.ca/

That's a well known site actually. Very detailed information.

I also frequent Doombuggies, and The Haunted Mansion Forum

There was an older site also that had loads of backstage photos, I don't have that link anymore. (sorry)

I think my next project is going to be the arm hanging outside the brick wall mausoleum, I'll try to find a pic. Unless someone here can direct me to some closeups??

That's a well known site actually. Very detailed information.

I also frequent Doombuggies, and The Haunted Mansion Forum

There was an older site also that had loads of backstage photos, I don't have that link anymore. (sorry)

I think my next project is going to be the arm hanging outside the brick wall mausoleum, I'll try to find a pic. Unless someone here can direct me to some closeups??

Awesome, thanks for all the links. I skimmed through this thread and didn't see this one mentioned, but it's great to see there are more to check out.

I used the previously mentioned site to get info on the florida Dinner table setting (Romantic England Red) and glasses(King's Crown). I hope I got the right size glasses, I'll wait and see. The site was very helpful, I'm just waiting on delivery of my "new" dining room set. I may eventually order the Spode Blue Italian Plate setting to have the California version as well.

Awesome, thanks for all the links. I skimmed through this thread and didn't see this one mentioned, but it's great to see there are more to check out.

I used the previously mentioned site to get info on the florida Dinner table setting (Romantic England Red) and glasses(King's Crown). I hope I got the right size glasses, I'll wait and see. The site was very helpful, I'm just waiting on delivery of my "new" dining room set. I may eventually order the Spode Blue Italian Plate setting to have the California version as well.

Excellent!

Send a few pics our way when you get it setup. I love anything Mansion related.

Excellent!

Send a few pics our way when you get it setup. I love anything Mansion related.

For sure. I only hope that Rylo gets the interest necessary for some Bat Stanchions, I need one for a centerpiece of the table. :) Plans are to use the gargoyle candle holders at the ends.

I've been planning on a 3D model of this one for some time myself. I've seen some pics out there on the net. I have a couple of the arm sconce candelabra from a few years ago...course the arms are small and would likely not yield really good refs :(

Oops...I'm insufficiently caffeinated! You probably mean the one mortaring itself in! I was thinking the lighting ones :)

Rob

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

Awesome everyone! I love the Haunted Mansion!!! I've always wanted to make some HM stuff and after seeing everything I really want to get started! I've made a few dioramas inspired by the Haunted Mansion and New Orleans but now I want to make replica scenes from HM now! The bayou diorama was actually inspired by both HM and pirates, also the fireflies flicker off and on at different times and the shack flickers to look like candlelights.

FB_IMG_1474735754352.jpgFB_IMG_1474735758019.jpgFB_IMG_1474735750899.jpg

tumblr_oee095fead1qalpmeo1_1280.jpg
ignore the damage on one of my candelabras lol (I paid $20 for both so I can't complain) but I picked up the new Jim Shore hat box ghost on the 1st! His head attaches with magnets and can also be displayed in the hatbox.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back