Anybody happen to have seen vector art anywhere for "The Haunted Mansion" text on the gate plaque? I found a font that is pretty close for "Haunted Mansion" but it doesn't have the cool scripted "The". I want to laser etch it on a piece of leather.

Anybody happen to have seen vector art anywhere for "The Haunted Mansion" text on the gate plaque? I found a font that is pretty close for "Haunted Mansion" but it doesn't have the cool scripted "The". I want to laser etch it on a piece of leather.

Originally based on the old Bookman Swashes Medium Italic. Scrubby Regular is close but not a perfect match on all letters

Some Alternates fit, except 'e' that don't match.

'Th' comes from Veer's Bookman Swashes Italic AJF or BJF

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally based on the old Bookman Swashes Medium Italic.Scrubby Regular is close but not a perfect match on all letters

Some Alternates fit, except 'e' that don't match.

'Th' comes from Veer's Bookman Swashes Italic AJF or BJF

Oh, cool, great stuff, thank you. The "e" from Scrubby Regular definitely looks close, if just stretched out a little bit. The "h" would be good, if it looked more like the scrubby "y".

hm-the_zpswo9u8kri.jpg

The Veer's Bookman Swashes Italic link doesn't load the intended page, I don't think. I wasn't able to find it by searching, have a different direct link?

hm-the_zpswo9u8kri.jpg

Oh, cool, great stuff, thank you. The "e" from Scrubby Regular definitely looks close, if just stretched out a little bit. The "h" would be good, if it looked more like the scrubby "y".

The Veer's Bookman Swashes Italic link doesn't load the intended page, I don't think. I wasn't able to find it by searching, have a different direct link?

Try this. I just happened to find the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf logo in it's horizontal format and was able to snag "The" from it and then the rest is Ravenscroft with a few small adjustments based on some HM logo reference materials I found online.

Hope this helps.

View attachment haunted mansion logo.pdf

Oh wow, Dminor, that is excellent, thank you so much! That will work perfectly.

Here's what I'm using it for. Making a 3-way, leather strap junction, for a mask. Hopefully will get it over to the laser this week.

hm-strapholder_zpsqanuxs0l.png

I'm pretty sure the "The" is included with the Ravencroft font. Just open your character map with that font and you should find it. I've changed over to Linux so it doesn't display properly for me now...

cool, just let me know the exact size you want the total image (including white border) and I can get a good resize for you. I print some BIG files pretty regularly (I'm a professionals photographer). ALSO... canvasondemand can do any size you want and they are doing 35% off a mounted canvas this weekend for labor day. you could do half size (18x48") for only about $100 mounted on canvas. I also know a little trick to getting an even bigger discount from canvas on demand :) shoot me an email

Hey Jacob and Berzerk,

Would either of you send me a message about these stretching portraits? I would GREATLY appreciate it!!!

Reviving this old thread, found it whilst researching a haunted mansion themed bedroom, went thru all 23 pages. Was at MK during marathon weekend and they still have the full sized Haunted Mansion plaques for sale at the store outside the ride.

Oh, damn. That's the one I was talking about. I hadn't even paid any attention to the size of the pictures really. I just saw the display that has it in the frame and assumed it would fit.

edit: This one--

View attachment 519006

this has been driving me crazy, because i for sure had to trim my custom portrait for it to fit a standard 8x10 frame, so I bought the frame. the opening is a little bigger than 8x10, maybe 8x10.25. 8x10 print fits, just a little loose

Hey, sorry for dragging up this thread but a recent visit to Disney World has inspired me to try and recreate the Haunted Mansion stretching room portraits in my house. Does anyone have really big hi-res files of the stretching portraits that would be suitable for taking to the print shop and having them printed near full size?

I know that 36"x96" is the original size, but since that's a bit large for my walls, I'm thinking of scaling it down to 24"x64". Still an impressive size, but not quite as massive.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back