Here's a better link with the merch that will be released on the 16th: http://disneyparksmerchandise.com/events/haunted-mansion-45th-anniversary-product-release-signing/.
It's mostly artwork, but there's a few new collectibles. Most notably (in my opinion) an official release of the plaque, for $95:
View attachment 357638

I am curious about the dimensions of the plaque at $95. Good that they see the demand for it. I am interested in the busts. Wonder how big they will be?

-Eric

My Cousin Maude is 29 inches tall and 17 inches wide.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    785.6 KB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    685.3 KB · Views: 279
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 300
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    642.5 KB · Views: 283
I am curious about the dimensions of the plaque at $95. Good that they see the demand for it. I am interested in the busts. Wonder how big they will be?

-Eric

I haven't found anything to suggest it will be less than full size, but I suppose we'll have to wait a little longer to know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a better link with the merch that will be released on the 16th: http://disneyparksmerchandise.com/events/haunted-mansion-45th-anniversary-product-release-signing/.
It's mostly artwork, but there's a few new collectibles. Most notably (in my opinion) an official release of the plaque, for $95:
View attachment 357638

Does anyone know if these (plaques) will be available on the Disney Store website, any stores at Downtown Disney or only inside Disneyland itself? The link provides few details other than the event taking place in mid-August at Disneyland, implying the items listed on that page will "materialize" Aug 16 at a store in Disneyland.

Sean

Last edited:
Usually with these product releases the merchandise is available on the day of the event, in this case at the Disneyana shop in Town Square at Disneyland. Depending on the edition size the products then get posted on the Disney store website. So far they have been good at making most of the recent Haunted Mansion stuff open edition. The difference with this event that I noticed is that they will have a limited quantity of the merchandise available to order online they day of the event Aug 16 at 8:00 am Pacific. The link is under the Hatbox Ghost print in that link. Not yet active though.

If anybody would like, I live right around the corner from Walt Disney World and can get pictures from as many angles as I can for people. Just let me know if I can help.

View attachment 357638

Did anyone get one of these by any chance? I've been trying to find out what the dimensions are- Disneyana (the store in Disneyland supposedly selling them) has no direct phone number, the Disney people who do answer the general phone lines don't know, and I can't find any info on them elsewhere. It seems there are 2 listed for "pre-sale" on eBay but the dimensions listed on the 2 auctions seem to suggest approximations and are wildly different. So the seller doesn't seem to know either. I wrote to him and he never replied. Does anyone know the size of these things?

Sean

I seriously doubt you're ever going to see a pull size plaque from Disney for 95.00 if that's what you're hoping for. The last full sized plaque they did retailed at 499.00 in the gallery and the paint jobs were all over the place. That was a decade ago. Considering that a few other pieces (Gargoyles for 3000.00!) are priced in the thousands, I smell some sticker shock brewin' if it's a well done 1:1 prop.

Either way, I wouldn't expect many. Just don't see them giving up much shelf space in the shops. They have a big enough problem with the hour glasses and picture frames.

I do plan on chasing a few of those cheaper prints though! :thumbsup

Last edited:
I seriously doubt you're ever going to see a pull size plaque from Disney for 95.00 if that's what you're hoping for. The last full sized plaque they did retailed at 499.00 in the gallery and the paint jobs were all over the place. That was a decade ago. Considering that a few other rumored pieces are suspected to be priced in the thousands, I smell some sticker shock brewin' if it's a 1:1 prop.

Either way, I wouldn't expect many. Just don't see them giving up much shelf space in the shops. They have a big enough problem with the hour glasses and picture frames.

Yeah, I was just trying to find out what the size is of the one they are selling. Seems a big mystery.
What is the size of a 1:1 plaque, anyway? I've never seen one aside from at Disneyland many years ago.

Sean

Last edited:
Yeah, I was just trying to find out what the size is of the one they are selling. Seems a big mystery.
What is the size of a 1:1 plaque, anyway? I've never seen one aside from at Disneyland many years ago.

Sean

I just got back home with one and I'll get some detail shots and dimensions up tomorrow for everyone to see.

EDIT: Just did some quick measurements, straight down the middle it measures about 22 3/4" tall and across at the widest point is about 13 1/4". For $95 it's fairly decent, I was expecting cheap plastic but it's a sturdy-feeling resin cast with some heft to it, maybe about 7-8 lbs. The finish isn't terrible, but it isn't necessarily great either. The back is lined with what appears to be thin plywood painted black with a soft fabric lining attached to avoid scuffing walls. It's open-edition so I'd probably expect to see it hit their online stores at some point.

Last edited:
To be clear. You're talking about the size of the actual prop of course.

From what I'm seeing on Ebay, the 95.00 plaques are half-scale.

To be clear. You're talking about the size of the actual prop of course.

From what I'm seeing on Ebay, the 95.00 plaques are half-scale.

Nope, those are the dimensions of the one I just pulled out of the box that I bought today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, that's actually full size!! Good for them. Yeah, I worry about those paint jobs, but at that price you can afford to repaint!

Pics of box and stuff, man!!!

Very curious to see if they're pulled from the originals or feature some minor differences here and there. For reference: Here's a couple pics of a really clean 1:1 pull from a Park master.

At a glance (looking at pics on line) the 95.00 piece seems to have slightly different lettering. Particularly noticeable in the word "The"

Once Joshua gets his pics up we'll be able to compare better. I could be looking at older proto pics...who knows.

(See pic below)

Last edited:
^ perfect timing. Here's a few quick and dirty shots. I'll post better lighted pics when I get a chance.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408254653.026735.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408254666.449814.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408254676.897486.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408254688.395507.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408254706.890566.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408254716.548344.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408254725.667917.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408254735.848136.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408254743.128774.jpg
Will try to post higher res better lit shots tomorrow at the same angles you've posted for good side-by-side comparisons.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of a raw fiberglass pull of an original plaque compared against Joshua's new piece.

I just did a quick count of three spots on the plaque and the brows, the locks and the exact number of hash marks are present on the bow-tie. I see a slight difference in the lettering but nothing that can't be attributed to a little retooling (it happens) here and there. If anything, it's a little soft in a few spots, but hey for 95.00 it's better than I would ever have expected. Compare for yourself against a raw pull. Note the raw fiberglass plaque is cleaner (and it should be), but the other plaque isn't bad at all for a mass produced piece. It's a little shallow compared to an original but that's understandable, too. They just skimmed it a little.

I like it for the money! I think they reworked an original. :thumbsup

Thoughts?

attachment.php

NOTE: I'm actually acquainted with the studio who did the aforementioned 1:1 plaques for Disney years ago. They were given access to an original for molding and subsequent placement in the galleries. The unfinished fiberglass plaque pictured above on the left was from that same mold and one of the better examples of the gate plaque we've seen over the years. The doming remains properly pronounced on the front and the lettering and all details are very crisp.

Last edited:
Oh wow you aren't kidding. Pretty great for a $95 piece. I may pick up a few more at some point to play around with different finishes on them.

Wow! Impressive for 95.00! I have one from a few years back that had a small place for an inset. Can't remember the price...

Rob

P.S. Will look at em on Monday when I get there ;)

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

Thanks for the info and pics! Looks great! So glad it's full size. So currently these are only available at Disneyana in the Disneyland park?

Sean

That is a good deal at $95. I never would have guessed it would be full size.

I am loving the one you made available Rylo.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back