It's a shame their thumbs are pointed in the wrong direction but that's how they were while sitting in the Doombuggy with you.

Have you guys seen this print?
The artists will be selling and signing them at the Disney Gallery in The Downtown Disney marketplace this weekend.
Here is the info:
Pop Fusion Exhibit & Artist Signing | Collections By Disney
image.jpg

Haunted Mansion babies? I'll be there this weekend. Did not plan for Downtown though. Going to the Halloween party tonight.

Before Halloween, I wanted to show off a few of the HM effects I've managed to replicate in my basement. I have some of the usual replicas like the plaque and bat stanchion, but I really take joy in shrinking down and replicating a bit of the attraction at home.

Cemetery:

Using the awesome tombstones Disney produced last year. I sculpted a freshly dug grave mound with otherworldly cracks showing through, cast three in clear resin, and covered each in model-train dirt. The mound of dirt in the back, with the shovel, hides a battery pack and switch for some ghosts about to socialize:

Endless Hallway:

Since I don't have complete control over the viewing angles of a long hallway, this was built in a small box. I'm using a standard mirror at the back of the box, and a "two way" mirror at the front as a window in to the scene. The doors and lighting are Victorian-style dollhouse fixtures, the wallpaper and carpet replicated from the Mansion. Fun story: the cobwebs are 100% authenticate. I dropped a house spider in the box for a while to spin his web, then let him out. He was quite busy.

Following Bust:

Love this one. I found a creepy bust of Schubert on eBay and created a translucent latex mold of it, giving me a negative of the bust and a wide flange. A frame was built to hold the mold, and backlit for the "following" effect. I built a box to hold the whole assembly, and decorated it with inspiration from the DL mansion. Here's a few videos in various lighting to show the effect:

Complete darkness

Full room lighting (the effect really starts to get lost with too much ambient light, but you are able to see more of the construction)

Changing Portraits:

Lightning reveals them for what they really are....

Using an eerie picture frame from Hobby Lobby (this wasn't even a Halloween decoration. It was just a normal frame for sale!) and a digital picture frame behind it. I found some pictures online of the various stages of the changing portraits, and animated them to sync with the sounds of a thunderstorm. Exported them a .mp4 files to an SD card, and you have Changing Portraits. Here's how Gracey and the Knight videos look on a PC.

The rest of the portraits in the frame: Knight, Ghostship, Catwoman

I'm more than happy to share any source files or plans I have for these items with folks. I found a lot of pleasure in creating these things because I wanted them, and would love to share them with anybody else who would as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone in the uk managed to pick-up the throw or cushion from anywhere? The uk disney store doesn't seem to stock them unfortunately

Awesome stuff guys! I am a HUGE fan of the HM and have done a few pieces from the ride. Here are a few pics and I hope you like them!
hatty1.jpgstatues.jpg

Attachments

• bth_942696_10151780525188524_51681183_n_zps7fa7cff0.jpg
    bth_942696_10151780525188524_51681183_n_zps7fa7cff0.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 107
Pardon me for jumping in here. First post and its just a question.. does someone here make the bat stanchion? I'm doing a mansion themed guest room and would love to buy a couple. Can someone provide me with the info to contact the maker of the bat?

Thank you!

Awesome stuff guys! I am a HUGE fan of the HM and have done a few pieces from the ride. Here are a few pics and I hope you like them!
View attachment 245791View attachment 245792

Very nice work!

- - - Updated - - -

Pardon me for jumping in here. First post and its just a question.. does someone here make the bat stanchion? I'm doing a mansion themed guest room and would love to buy a couple. Can someone provide me with the info to contact the maker of the bat?

Thank you!

Rylo did a run while back. He is the man!

Friend had a manion plaque that talked.

He broke, so I re-did it with a custom sound board.

Ill get it uploaded. Have some trouble...

Last edited:
The Plaque you see here is the licensed Plaque with a custom sound board.
Original sound hardware broke, so we replaced it with a custom board, and found the sound files on the internet.
Wehad to mix the music, and narrative separately.

Listen to it, it is not the same as it was commercially, it is much louder and clearer, and the narrative is different.

Last edited by a moderator:
O.k. gang, I have a bit of a challenge that I've been trying to figure out. A year or two ago I picked up some of the door handles and have been racking my brain on how to turn them into fully functioning door handles.

The back of the casting is completely flat and at most there's 1/4" of resin that could be drilled into (if need be).

Any thoughts on how I might accomplish this?

OriginalDragonDoorHandle.jpg

Got one of those snakes with the flat back myself (not the back plate)....been wanting to replicate the HM Cane from 2004.

...hmmm.

Rob

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

Usually the door handles have a piece of square bar/tube that extends into the mechanism. Are you trying to figure out the best way to attach that to the snake handle? (Which would be awesome, by the way!) Would it have another snake on the other side of the door?

So I've got one of those resin handles too. Anybody recall who made it? I've got a question to ask them. I didn't find anything in my PMs about my purchase or from whom.

Usually the door handles have a piece of square bar/tube that extends into the mechanism. Are you trying to figure out the best way to attach that to the snake handle? (Which would be awesome, by the way!) Would it have another snake on the other side of the door?

Yes. I have two sets and two doors that I'd like to use the snakes for.

walt disney world has a 999 limited edition iphone 5 case of master gracey....the lenticular case shows the deterioration of master gracey

03_ParksBlog_HMTakeOver_D-TechCaseArt-613x538_zpsb18aabb3.jpg

this was on ebay recently....it was listed as a prototype plaque for the madame leota gravestone...it sold for over $700...

KGrHqRrIFHuUgdwkBSBO0JSEQ60_57_zps3b58c773.jpg

KGrHqJlwFHtn2dYyBSBO0SmQ60_57_zps05b31197.jpg

Man, I could use Leota for my tombstone collection. I saw the Wallpaper cases last month, but nothing for iPhone 5. I may need to order one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back