I managed to order the throw blanket, wine stopper and coasters tonight on the Disney website. They also had the throw pillow, but I didn't have enough funds this week to justify ordering it right now. No luck on the jewelry box yet, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled. I scored the candelabra back in May when I was down in WDW...it's awesome in person. Can't wait to get my other new items.

The music box and candelabra seem to be the hardest pieces to come by. I've seen the music box in the park (DL) a couple times but I've always passed on it. The candelabra however is nearly impossible to find. They had some a couple days ago at Disneyland and they sold out in a few hours. Though from what I've heard, they may be hoarding some backstage somewhere. Might be worth asking about if you're at the park and don't see them anywhere.

my army of gargoyles

get-attachmentaspx_zpsafac1b8f.jpeg

At WDW, the best place to find the gargoyles is actually MouseGear at EPCOT...shocking, I know...but they seem to have them in stock almost all the time according to my cast member friend. Also, when you hit the parks find someone at a store with the little iPads, they can tell you which shops have what in stock...if you take the SKU #s with you it's even easier!

Just got my shipping notification, my wine stopper, throw and coasters should be here tomorrow! I'm so excited!

If anyone needs detail shots of the HM, I am at the Magic Kingdom all the time and can get a few shots while I am there. Just PM me.

A little OT, but I need a high-res, straight on shot of the Tower of terror, elevator. The bigger the better!

-Rylo

For those of you who have stretching portraits in the house, how did you frame them? I have a set of very small ones (I think they're 9" x 28" or so) and want to put them in the correct wood frames but none of the local framing shops seem to have anything even remotely close.

I've been following this thread for a while and have a dining room that is just waiting for an HM-style refit. Still debating on whether I want to do a wall with the Spoonflower wallpaper or try my hand at stenciling though.

Ordered my music box from Disney Customer Service. They said a shipment just hit the warehouse! Good luck :D

Rob

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

This really is a great thread. I've always been a fan of the Mansion, and just seeing what others have done is really cool. Some of it actually looks better than the actual ride.

For those of you who have stretching portraits in the house, how did you frame them? I have a set of very small ones (I think they're 9" x 28" or so) and want to put them in the correct wood frames but none of the local framing shops seem to have anything even remotely close.

I've been following this thread for a while and have a dining room that is just waiting for an HM-style refit. Still debating on whether I want to do a wall with the Spoonflower wallpaper or try my hand at stenciling though.

i think your picture will be too small to try and frame it the correct wood frames.....the actual ride uses some type of vinyl looking material for the sides of the portrait so it can stretch with the elevator going down....the top and bottom of the portrait i believe is some type of wood paneling you can find at any home depot or lowes....the same wood paneling you see around doors or lining the walls of your room....it isnt a real frame...

i think your picture will be too small to try and frame it the correct wood frames.....the actual ride uses some type of vinyl looking material for the sides of the portrait so it can stretch with the elevator going down....the top and bottom of the portrait i believe is some type of wood paneling you can find at any home depot or lowes....the same wood paneling you see around doors or lining the walls of your room....it isnt a real frame...

Let me clarify what I meant by "correct" - I just want the same appearance of a grooved frame with rosettes at the corners in appropriate proportions. The frame shops don't carry anything similar, so I've been considering getting a plain frame and mounting a false frame over the top, but I haven't found scaled down trim that would work.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back