I may just put this on a separate thread since the same technique can be used on any number of props. Anyway, a lot of people hit me up about finishing tips so here's a quick and dirty tutorial that may help some of you with patinas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what material the bat stanchions and HM plaque are made out of at Disneyland resort?

Are the bat stanchions gold plated or bronze?

got these in the mail today.....printed on canvas

d1f2ef58-6918-46ed-9b7a-6056d16ad28d_zps6197d834.jpg

Evil Rocketeer, how is the resolution? They look a little dark but I like them.
Congrats on the score.
mike

the resolution is great....i wouldnt say 100% perfect, but it is pretty darn close....the sweat on the bottom quicksand guy is kinda hard to see and the George's gravestone is a tad blurry if you look really close....other than that, they are great.....

the prints are on the little darker side, but it beats the disney's print on demand kiosk prints...

they are printed on canvas and measures 40 x 13.5

few more pics:
IMG_7937_zps8d813a33.jpg

IMG_7935_zpsda3e8e7b.jpg

IMG_7933_zpsec35e5dd.jpg

IMG_7932_zpsa905fcf7.jpg

IMG_7931_zps40eea3e1.jpg

IMG_7927_zps2c396dd7.jpg

Yeah I also picked up 2 of the gargoyle candelabras, the coaster set, and 2 of the wallpaper throw blankets. Nice quality stuff.

Loosetoon love the distressing on the plaque!
mike

I love this thread so much....

After a few years of collecting HM props and making some of my own, I saw an opportunity while I was finishing my basement. I've dedicated a section of one wall to the Haunted Mansion:

wall1ia.jpg

The demon pattern is cut in vinyl (yes, that took a while...) and applied over the solid purple wall. My favorite touch, the eyes were cut in glow in the dark vinyl. It's very hard to photograph with my camera, but:

wall2x.jpg

Once I get the rest of my things unpacked, I'll post more pictures. I have some of the standard things--plaque, bat stanchions, and Ezra headcast, and some things I've made on my own, like an endless hallway in a box, following bust, and animated changing portraits.

Does anyone know what material the bat stanchions and HM plaque are made out of at Disneyland resort?

Are the bat stanchions gold plated or bronze?

They're all bronze. As a matter of fact, the signs out front were untarnished bronze on the Mansion's opening day and naturally aged over time.

plaques6910.jpg

The picture on the left is from 2010, the picture on the right is from 1969.

Yeah I also picked up 2 of the gargoyle candelabras, the coaster set, and 2 of the wallpaper throw blankets. Nice quality stuff.

Loosetoon love the distressing on the plaque!
mike

the candelabras are terrific...they are perfectly designed....finally some more quality items from disney for the haunted mansion....

i been trying to get the hourglass and music box but they keep selling out at disneyland and online......i been holding off purchasing the throw blanket and trying to purchase it directly from the park since i get a 20% discount with the annual pass.......

i picked up the coaster set and the rest in piece pillow....

my candelabras with candles

IMG_7994_zps8df7da9f.jpg

IMG_7998_zps66ab8cd8.jpg

I love this thread so much....

After a few years of collecting HM props and making some of my own, I saw an opportunity while I was finishing my basement. I've dedicated a section of one wall to the Haunted Mansion:

the wall looks great!!

They're all bronze. As a matter of fact, the signs out front were untarnished bronze on the Mansion's opening day and naturally aged over time.

the bat stanchions and plaques are actually brass.......supposedly.... there was a big deal about the stanchions a few years ago because they possibly contained lead....

im really surprised the plaques were first gold....it turns out the plaques turn brownish green within the first year....

Last edited:
Faux finishes are placed on all the plaques to some degree or another. From time to time, fresh or "as-semi-new" plaques do indeed go out (as seen above) but all get a bit of an assist with regard to aging. The gold 'clean' plaques used to come out during the holidays all the time...they seem to be sticking with aged plaques more and more these days though.

DSC_0501.jpg

Been thinking about taking a crack at the suit of armor by the endless hallway. Never seen anyone do it, and I've always loved the look of it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back